Thumbs down for Celebrities 2 day sale

Hflors

Hi, I was just wondering where you monitor the price of cabins on a regular basis. Is it on the Celebrity Website itself? Or do you use some other source? Thank you in advance for answering this... :)

Yes, the X website itself is fine to monitor prices.

The cruise I was watching to Alaska raised by 400.00! I thought

maybe I was dreaming until I looked on here today.

What a bummer!

I am still thinking of booking though (:confused: ).

Does Celebrity refund if they drop prices again? I will book

directly through them this time.

Thanks!

Does Celebrity refund if they drop prices again? I will book

directly through them this time.

Thanks!

Yes, they will honor lower prices, though you still need to ask for the reduction. It doesn't matter if you book directly through them or travel agents - you should always monitor the pricing yourself as it can fluctuate frequently.

Ceklebrity's website is the place to monitor prices for decreases. I wouldn't use an online agency's price as it might be a group rate, cabins from a block that were booked at a lower price, or it could be the special that is for new bookings only.

Celebrity must have gotten a lot of flack from customers for this. As of last night (the 12th) prices for the cruise we're booked on are back down again.

I was very upset over the apparent rise in price. I called Wednesday to ask some questions as it's our first Celebrity cruise and was quoted one price. We agreed that the person I was speaking to would call me back on Thursday so I could take advantage of the sale. Thursday morning I checked online and noticed that the cost went up $200 pp, which is a total of $400 for two, and the sale discount was $200 per stateroom. Did the math and thought the cruise would cost $200 more. I checked the e-mail I got from the rep the day before and sure enough there was a line about the price being subject to change until a deposit is made.

Anyway, I decided to wait until this person called me back and let her tell me what my cost was before getting angry. She called and quoted me the same price as Wednesday and applied the $200 discount (supposedly since she said it wouldn't appear for about a week). So I booked the cruise, but I'm certainly not impressed by Celebrity's attempt at raising the price for a sale.

I guess I was lucky that I made my initial contact the day before the sale and not on the first day of the sale. At least they have now corrected what they must have found out was a big mistake, at least for the one cruise we're on.

We still have an option on an inside guarantee for the October 22nd Barcelona sailing on the Century. So nothing apart from flights is fully confirmed and paid.

Finding out about this USD200 discount sale I asked my Travel Agent in Vienna to contact Celebrity and inform about it. My cruise has not gone up in price on day before the sale like they did to other cruises.

He called them in Austria or Germany but was told the sale was only for September departures. Not what I read on the website so this whole thing has been a complete mess so far.

You either advertise a full sale and implement it globally on all departures. Or you market it as as a sale for selected departures in selected areas. But don't cheat people into something which is not true. We don't like these dubious practises here in Europe.

They are also not terribly forthcoming with assisting to clear this waitlist for second sitting, claiming they don't even know how many are waitlisted.

I am not getting very impressed with this cruiseline. I will go ahead as my flighttickets have already been issued. But I getting a bit of a bitter taste about their services and practises

The $250 off our fare on the Infinity today was a "real" sale. And yes it was the RCI sale a few weeks ago -- they gave us a $250 fare reduction, $450 deposit, but wouldn't allow the $300 diamond discount. So with them, it was more expensive to book it on their "sale!" I wanted to cancel it and rebook, for the $300 discount, but my TA asked me to leave it alone for now. She's going to bat for her customers to get the diamond discount reinstated. I'm waiting to see how that resolves itself.

nmtraveler if you get a reply from X re shareholder benefit, would you please post? Thanks in advance.

Just got an email from X approving my stockholder benefit.:D

We booked on the Nov 2 Century. This booking is outside of the 90 days that final payment is due. When I requested the sale price (my cruise stayed the same price on the X site) my agent said that it was for new bookings only and that X would not allow cancellation and rebooking. I think that this is outrageous for X to do this, especially since the trip is outside of the final payment date. Has anyone been able to have X apply the discount to their "pre-booked" cruise? Thanks, Stan

Archived