Crown and Anchor Member on Majesty of the Seas

I would say yes - but I believe it is now for sailings of 7 days or longer (which is what I was told last year on our 5 day Explorer cruise when I inquired as to why we didn't get coupons).

Some quesitons for recent cruisers on the Majesty since I have your attention:

1. Do people dress up on formal night as it is a shorter cruise?

2. Is there Martini madness or Martini tasting on the Majesty? If so what is the cost?

3. Do you get drinks at the captains s reception and champagne during the art auction (assuming there is an auction)?

4. Does the spa have any relaxation areas like a spa pool or hot tub?

I think that is it for now. :D

2. Is there Martini madness or Martini tasting on the Majesty? If so what is the cost?

3. Do you get drinks at the captains s reception and champagne during the art auction (assuming there is an auction)?

1. Varies by the person, you will see a few in Tuxes. I would say as a whole it is less formal. I skipped the jacket last time and wore khaki's, button down shirt and tye.

2. I do not believe so.

3. Yes and I think so (I have never been to an art auction and can'r remember seeing one last time I was there but I would guess there was one)

4. NO- nothing -notta- just the rooms for the masssages.

JR's, coupons for adults but not kids. Annoying to pay for them when they are C&A members but, whatever.

They let in a woman with a bathing suit on and a coverup, at least it was black. It seemed more casual than 7 night formals.

Didn't notice anything about the martini's but the mojitos are served in a smaller glass than last year and are really sweet. I think they use the same amount of sugar as when it was served in larger glass. They were good but sweeter and weaker than I would have liked, probably would take quite a few to get a buzz on Majesty mojitos from my experience.

There were drinks at the captains reception, I didn't stay long but found the red wine served undrinkable and I didn't realize I was a wine snob until then. I couldn't help but think, if I'm happy with some $8 grocery store bottles, how much are they paying for this wine?

Fitness/spa area has a small steam room and one shower and one toilet. You could relax in the steam room but its small enough to be awkward if someone else was there. It was a very nice bathroom but seems like it should be built to hold more than one person. Old Majesty had at least 3 showers available. I normally shower before the steam room but with someone in there washing hair and maybe shaving.... in there awhile, I hit the steam room as a place to wait until the one shower was free. Doors on shower and steam room open inside which I thought could be a safety hazzard.

Anyway, just some random thoughts in response but don't get me wrong, great little cruise, especially after refurb. Very nice, never felt crowded, good selection of casual dining options.

Archived