Book Now??

Flintstone

Am looking for an Alaskan cruise for our 20th Aniversary June, 2005. Found NCL Star that seems to fit what I looking for....but it appears some of the cruiselines don't have their 2005 rates out yet? Should I go ahead and book now..or wait til the others come out?

Also, I read mention of a CC Group for around this time.....any idea when the specifics of this will be out?

Thanks

9/2000 Carnival Tropicale

12/2001 NCL Norway

9/2002 NCL Norway

10/2003 Disney Wonder

2005...Alaska

If the date and sailing are important to you, then book it with an agency that has no cancelation fees. You will have probably more than 90 days before sailing to cancel for a full refund from the cruiselines. Keep track of trends and cancel and rebook if needed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flintstone:

Am looking for an Alaskan cruise for our 20th Aniversary June, 2005. Found NCL Star that seems to fit what I looking for....but it appears some of the cruiselines don't have their 2005 rates out yet? Should I go ahead and book now..or wait til the others come out?

Also, I read mention of a CC Group for around this time.....any idea when the specifics of this will be out?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The rates I've seen so far for 2005 are high IMHO only. The past pax perks etc. have not been announced and rates aren't even out for some cruise lines.. If you have to go a particular week on a particular ship you can alawys book and then cx if a better deal comes along. There are some agencies that have their own cancellation fees but cruise lines do not this far out.

CC is waiting for rates on Princess which should be out soon (they say by mid-May) to compare. If you want to cruise on NCL I doubt our group will be on that cruise line.

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

Thank you both for your insight. I was also hoping to see Princess rates but was under the impression that they didn't come out til Sept.

Now that we've decided on Alaska....the choices have been overwhelming!! So far I've read thru 30 pages of these boards and have gained sooo much information. As far as the special pricing goes...Any idea when they would start showing up for next year? I agree that they appear awfully high right now. Seems like I need to "chill" and keep gathing info.

12/2001 NCL Norway

9/2002 NCL Norway

10/2003 Disney Wonder

2005...Alaska

Princess' rates will be out soon (next week or two) - it is the brochures that won't be out until September.

Princess' dates are out for 2005 - just not the rates. You just need to call Princess.

Thank you all! These boards have been a god send for information. I "almost" feel as if I can make some informed decisions.

12/2001 NCL Norway

9/2002 NCL Norway

10/2003 Disney Wonder

2005...Alaska

Archived