Addicted to Ross!! who else a favorite store where you buy almost everything??

I am addicted to Ross!! I went shopping there today looking for new bras and the prices just can't be beat! I also found a nice pair of brown casual pants (Its really hard to find brown anything) along some other items. I just love that store! Most of the clothing I have purchased for our cruise in May has been from Ross. But you have to get to Ross early when the doors open, otherwise you are drowning in a sea of people the later it gets!

Do you any of you have a favorite store you shop in for almost everything??

P.S. 2nd on my list of favorite stores is Walmart then Target! I purchase more dressier clothes if needed from Dress Barn.

Luv that Talbot's Outlet! I have one about 40 minutes south of me and one about an hour north. Takes some planning to get to but worth it for the outfits. Their website will tell you if there's one near you.

Melissa

Kohls Kohls and more Kohls!!!

Me too!!!!!

I sent DH there to pick up an extra dress shirt for his suit and he came back with a new suit, 2 dress shirts, 1 tie, 3 pair of dress socks, and a pair of dress shoes.

My kind of man;) !

I LOVE Ross!!!! I get most of my cruise wear there, including formal stuff. One of my formal dresses was $18.99!!!! I also like Marshalls and TJ Maxx.

I LOVE Ross!! I was just there this week trying to find something formal for my first cruise. I found a dress marked down to $10.00!!! That was a deal. I also got my 8 daughter a dress for $15.00. Everything here in the South is on clearance. I love this time of year!

i do really well at tj maxx and marshalls. i've done well at certain ross's (the one in center city phila) but not all of them. all these stores are hit or miss but its definitely worth hunting around. the tj maxx near me tends to have a lot of lalique jewerly. its great!

we are getting a designer outlet center near me in november. its going to have a neiman marcus closeout store, banana republic outlet, etc. should be super!

My favorite store is a relatively local one that most people wouldn't be familiar with, but I do love Ross for formals. I've gotten unbelievable deals on killer formals there. Had to take one to a seamtress to be altered. In her line of work she sees everything and couldn't believe that I got such a gorgeous dress for next to nothing at Ross. We have a Ross distribution center about 2 miles away. That's where they get everything in, then send it out to the individual stores. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but the selection seems to be pretty good on everything.

I luv ROSS toooooo!!!

Living in Canada -- we don't have ROSS. We don't have one where we can cross border shop.

We need one in upstate New York or northern Pennsylvania. Our ROSS fix happens in Florida.

You gotta lov ROSS!!!

Keep smilin',

:) :) :)

Ross Dress For Less is so AWESOME! Whenever I'm in Florida, I always go and spend literally a small fortune! You can find whatever you want and it's always reasonable.

I love Filene's basement in the Jersey Gardens Outlets. I love the Jersey Gardens Outlets..:D

My "formals" are from SteinMart, Ross and Marshall's. I'm slender so I fit even into inexpensive things. And I'd rather pay the money for nice excursions than sinking a lot into cruise clothes. But something funny happened to me on Celebrity 5 years ago. At the captain's party everybody circulated around, checking each other out and all of sudden this woman pointed at me and yelled "Marshall's". I looked at her and shouted "Marshall's" too. We were both wearing the same deep purple column dresses. Hers was purchased in Las Vegas, mine in Danville, CA. Mine had cost $30, hers even less! We had a good laugh and complimented each other on our thriftiness!:D

All of the Ross stores near where I live are so gross! They are never clean and very unorganized. I also can never find anything my size! Fortunately I have several TJ Maxx and Marshalls around me :D and I am addicted! (also Home Goods, but that's another story!) One TJ Maxx/Marshalls combo near me actually gets the clearance from Bloomingdales. This week I found 3 Vera Wang dresses, a $700 Valentino dress (down to $200), and tons of other stuff. Nothing was what I was looking for though. I've gotten at least 12 designer dresses from that store, as well as tons of the "normal" stuff. I also saw about 20 tops from Express this week, all about $10, and some great suit jackets.

Oh, forgot - they also had a gorgeous pink Judith Leiber purse for $800, normally about $1800. I wish! Like I could afford that! But it was gorgeous so I can continue to dream, right.;)

I love Ross, TJMaxx, Marshalls (probably my fav), Stein Mart, and sometimes I'll shop at Big Lots for non-clothing items, although Big Lots doesn't seem to carry the pretty things they used to. :rolleyes:

I've tried shopping at Cato, but their clothes just don't fit me. A small is too big. Anyone else have that problem with Cato? But I can buy their PJ's...they fit ok.

I have friends who don't understand how I can shop at these stores because they say it's "too much junk to look through". Well, that's the idea, although I don't see it as junk. They surely love the way I decorate my house and when they ask where I bought something, the answer usually comes back TJ Maxx or Marshalls. :D :p

and a litttttle bit volumous..16/18...so the pickins at Ross/Mxx/Marshalls are not as great for my taste or size. But here in Florida, we have Beall's, and Beall's OUTLETs of Florida. On Mondays sr. get 15%..On Fri, you younger chicks get it. They have a "club" card..after $200..you get an add'tl 20%, and the DOT system for Waaaay markdowns..you can triple dip..I have a Dockers belt for .35, a chain maille bag for .55, pants, blouses for under $4..all in all 20 pcs. of merchandise for $183.00. They carry lots of cruisie, golfie type wear, so it fits right in. The things change every week and the dots move from 25% off to 95% off...OHHHH my gosh:eek: ..it's MONNNNday, I gotta go see whatz new!

I find lots of stuff in Stein Mart. I love their sales too. It was interesting--the other day I walked through Kohls and stumbled across a shirt I had bought at SteinMart. They really have a wide variety of stuff. I even like their home stuff.

I have a difficult time shopping at Ross. The ones near me are a little--well a lot disorganized and cluttered. I often find stuff at TJ Maxx and Marshalls--just found one of my formals at one of them- can't remember which. I like them so much I own stock in TJX!

My favorite place for dresses and formals is Lord and Taylor. I don't have one here in Florida- but every time I visit Boston I have to stop in and see what is on sale. I have a whole bunch of $19 dresses. Gosh I love a good deal- as much as I like nice things!

Here is another Ross fan. I started buying last winter for our cruise this summer and got my daughter 2 formal dresses there. Both totaled $11. One was a long strapless midnight blue gown ($5.99) and the other was a short azure blue satin ($4.99).

Mine was a little more expensive at $24.99 but still cheap.

All of the Ross stores near where I live are so gross! They are never clean and very unorganized. I also can never find anything my size! Fortunately I have several TJ Maxx and Marshalls around me :D and I am addicted! (also Home Goods, but that's another story!) One TJ Maxx/Marshalls combo near me actually gets the clearance from Bloomingdales. This week I found 3 Vera Wang dresses, a $700 Valentino dress (down to $200), and tons of other stuff. Nothing was what I was looking for though. I've gotten at least 12 designer dresses from that store, as well as tons of the "normal" stuff. I also saw about 20 tops from Express this week, all about $10, and some great suit jackets.

Oh, forgot - they also had a gorgeous pink Judith Leiber purse for $800, normally about $1800. I wish! Like I could afford that! But it was gorgeous so I can continue to dream, right.;)

I'm glad you posted this. I used to live in Atlanta, and I was thinking to myself "Ross?! Really?!" Guess it just goes to show things vary greatly by geography/management. My roommate would always get great stuff at that TJMaxx/Marshalls store (a normal size Coach bag for $30!!). I'd walk away empty handed.

and a litttttle bit volumous..16/18...so the pickins at Ross/Mxx/Marshalls are not as great for my taste or size. But here in Florida, we have Beall's, and Beall's OUTLETs of Florida. On Mondays sr. get 15%..On Fri, you younger chicks get it. They have a "club" card..after $200..you get an add'tl 20%, and the DOT system for Waaaay markdowns..you can triple dip..I have a Dockers belt for .35, a chain maille bag for .55, pants, blouses for under $4..all in all 20 pcs. of merchandise for $183.00. They carry lots of cruisie, golfie type wear, so it fits right in. The things change every week and the dots move from 25% off to 95% off...OHHHH my gosh:eek: ..it's MONNNNday, I gotta go see whatz new!

My sister took me to a Beall's Outlet when I came to see her in Daytona Beach, FL. I LOVED that store so much. We were there until they closed and I filled up a punch card ($200) the first day (Monday) and my husband got the 15% discount. Then we went back on Friday so I could get the discount and I bought so much it was over the maximum number of items the register could handle! :eek: They had to make it two transactions! I needed to buy another suitcase to get everything home! I bought a work blouse for $.40, several pair of Worthington work pants for $7.99 (all before the discount). When I returned home, I found they have stores in Arizona! :) I had never heard of them before my sister told me about them. I've gone a few times here in Arizona and got blazers for work for $4.99 and many other great deals! Beall's Outlet is definitely my favorite discount store!

My favorite store is Sak's 5th Ave. When I look in my closet (as well as DH's) I find that most of our things come from there.

I also like Banana Republic a lot.

If money were no object, everything would come from Bergdorf Goodman.

However, I walked into Bergdorf's the other day just to have a quick glance at the new fall looks and they were having an amazing summer shoe sale. I got a pair of gold Prada wedge sandals at 65% off the original price!!!! I've worn them for 3 days in a row now and DH asks if I'm going to take them off my feet! Today, they'll rest! LOL!

Note to Blue Herons: There's a new shoe store opening in the Meat Packing District which is supposed to have ALL the brands that even Jeffrey's doesn't carry. Bring your plastic next time you visit!!!

For tee shirts, I'm addicted to Petit Bateau brand. www.petitbateau.com They're sold here in the US for about $40.00 but I buy tons of them in Paris for about $15.00. :-)

You ladies sure love Ross. We don't have one in NYC, but if I ever pass one, I'll be sure to have look. Thanks!

Archived