Has anyone been on the Star?

FRAGAY

We want to book a cruise to the Med. for next year. We were hoping to go on the new Emerald but it only has summer sailings and we are worried about the heat. We have been considering the Grand but then realized the Star has the itinerary we want also. I never see the Star mentioned on these forums. Just wondering what you think of it. Thanks

We want to book a cruise to the Med. for next year. We were hoping to go on the new Emerald but it only has summer sailings and we are worried about the heat. We have been considering the Grand but then realized the Star has the itinerary we want also. I never see the Star mentioned on these forums. Just wondering what you think of it. Thanks

We sailed on the Star three times. As far as configuration goes she's just like the Grand and Golden. We've always had a wonderful time an love the Star but a ships atmosphere is what makes it special for me and the atmosphere depends on the staff which starts with the captain. The Star is a beautiful ship and I think you will enjoy her.

We sailed on the Star three times. As far as configuration goes she's just like the Grand and Golden. We've always had a wonderful time an love the Star but a ships atmosphere is what makes it special for me and the atmosphere depends on the staff which starts with the captain. The Star is a beautiful ship and I think you will enjoy her.

Yup, couldn't agree with this more. We've been on the Grand, Golden and Star and they're all nearly identical, and we loved them all. We did enjoy a few little things about the Star that seemed a bit "upgraded" from the Golden and the Grand. I can definitely recommend the ship, and hopefully your staff and crew will be as wonderful as ours was.

Happy cruising! :)

The Star is a great ship. We were on the Caribe deck...huge semi covered balconies. There is a sewage oder problem though it could be fixed by now (very evidient on our Dec. cruise) but it only seemed noticeable on the Port side balconies. We had a mid starboard and had no issue whatsoever.

Iv'e been on the Star and will sail on it again (See my Sig line.) It's a good ship! Any one of the lines ships could have a temporary problem. Usually its fixed quickly. Have a good cruise! ;)

The Star is great! It is 4 years newer and a little nicer than the Grand (nice also!), and carries 500 fewer passengers than the Emerald with the same amount of public space. You'll really appreciate that on a port-intensive Med cruise - shorter lines, easier to embark/disembark every day, 500 fewer pax milling around in port, etc. Enjoy!

I liked it. Possibly my favorite out of all I've been on. I like the big and newer ones. Was on the Sapphire earlier this year. Thought the Star was better (but I went on it back in '05 so I dunno how it's holding up right now).

I was on the Star this past December and it was fine. It was clean and up to date.....no problems on it except for the fact that I thought the crew wasn't that friendly. I would not hesitate to take it again.

We were on the Star in her inagural season, about 2 months after her maiden voyage. That cruise to Alaska was a tremendous cruise. The ship was beautiful. Our waiter was excellent!!! I have to give Sergio, 5 stars out of 4, he was simply that good. We loved the public areas and enjoyed sitting in Skywalkers just watching the mountains go by. The best part of the cruise is giving DW her engagement ring.

I think you will enjoy the ship. Hope you have a great cruise!

Wow, I've been on the Star & HATED it! I've only heard bad things about it, but everyone here is saying good things. I loved Princess till I went on the Star & haven't been back since.

How about a short list of those things you 'HATED.' about the Star. There must have been good points too, what if any were they? :confused:

I did take a look, at all the posts that you have posted in this forum and noticed that you seem to have more negative comments on Princess then affirmative ones. Is there a reason for that? Are you picky or highly critical of most things in life?

6 of us did the Star Sailing Last Jan 07. To date it's our fave cruise ship. Even liked it better than the Millie and Connie or Hal's Oosterdam.

The nightclub is the incredible, ditto late night hot tubs n pools.

The caribe deck baconies are to die for.

Though it holds 700 more pax than we were used to, it never felt any mnore crowded than the typical 1850 pax level ship.

I highly highly recommend Princess Grand Class Ships...

jc

Toronto

X Galaxy Sept 06

Prin Star Jan 07

X Xpediton Sept 07

NCL Jewel Jan 08

Archived