Cost of cab from POAM dock to Maalaea Harbor?

cal101

Does anyone know what the cost of a cab from the PoAM pier in Kahului to Maalaea Bay would be, or have any other suggestions on getting there w/o renting a car. We would like to do a snorkle tour with Pacific Whale Foundation on our 2nd day. Have a car rented for the first day, but was trying to avoid keeping it overnite because of all the negative things I have read about parking near the pier in Maui.

Any information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Don't know the cost of a taxi.....but the ships tour to Molokini is with the PWF on both Monday and Tuesday on the POAmerica. It has been with them for the past 3 years.....and was as recently as 2 weeks ago when my wife and I did the tour. They are excellent....we have had Capt. Doug for the last 2 years .....and he is very good and knows alot.....as does the staff on the boat.

Chuck

• 5 years later...
Does anyone know what the cost of a cab from the PoAM pier in Kahului to Maalaea Bay would be, or have any other suggestions on getting there w/o renting a car. We would like to do a snorkle tour with Pacific Whale Foundation on our 2nd day. Have a car rented for the first day, but was trying to avoid keeping it overnite because of all the negative things I have read about parking near the pier in Maui.

Any information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

You certainly have the wrong information about parking overnight at the Maui pier. There is nothing negative, except for limited spaces- if you don't show up until later evening.

These snorkel tours have their check ins prior to the dock car rental shuttle buses.

In Feb, someone on my boat tour was looking for a ride back to the ship with them saying it was $45 for the cab.

I always have a car and take these snorkel tours repeatively. Many vendors to choose from.

Is it cheaper to book the Pacific Whale Foundation whale tour through the ship or take a taxi and book it on your own? POA docks in Kahului and we would need to get to Maalaea Bay.

You need to price this out. BUT with a car, you can do way more before/after a whale watch compared to the ship tour.

There are countless areas along the roadway for whale watching as well, along with superb snorkel opportunities right from the shore. Binoculars are necessary, in my opinion. I return to Maui for an additional week and whale sight every day from the shores as well as go out on several boat tours.

Had read a lot of positive reviews for parking by the Kahului pier overnight.

We did it. No problem.

On POA day 2 in Maui, I drove to Kihei, for a diving trip to Molokini. Maui has very easy driving. After the dive trip I came back to the ship to eat lunch with my wife, then drove out again, to Starbuck (wifi access to get online), to Lahaina, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the cost of a cab from the PoAM pier in Kahului to Maalaea Bay would be, or have any other suggestions on getting there w/o renting a car. We would like to do a snorkle tour with Pacific Whale Foundation on our 2nd day. Have a car rented for the first day, but was trying to avoid keeping it overnite because of all the negative things I have read about parking near the pier in Maui. Any information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Price of POA molokini snorkel with PWF is $119 pp (transporation to Maalaea Harbor included, later snorkel trip: 9am-2pm)

Price of PWF molokini snorkel through PWF is $71.96 pp (earlier snorkel trip: 7am-noon, you have to arrive at 6:15am)

Price of renting car is around $25/d + tax ~$35/d

Price of taxi from Kahului to Maalaea Harbor is ~$40 one way (not incl tip)

The parking at the pier is secure. If the spaces run out, the security will direct you to other parking that is also secure, but you have to ask them, they will not go over to your car to tell you where to park if they see you circling around looking for a parking spot.

Don't know the cost of a taxi.....but the ships tour to Molokini is with the PWF on both Monday and Tuesday on the POAmerica. It has been with them for the past 3 years.....and was as recently as 2 weeks ago when my wife and I did the tour. They are excellent....we have had Capt. Doug for the last 2 years .....and he is very good and knows alot.....as does the staff on the boat. Chuck

I think you may have meant to say "Sun and Mon," these are the days POA is in Maui.

Just4You.... I was correct in my days in Maui posting .... if you will check the posting date of mine and most of this thread, you will notice it was 5 years ago. Back then it was Maui on Monday and Tuesday.

Chuck

my mistake. Did you do the 10-d cruise when they had 3 ships? We did Pride of Aloha and sure did enjoy the extra sea days. Wish they would bring back the 10-d NCL cruises in Hawaii.

Archived