I need your urgent help!

woodmill100

We're booked (with another cruiseline) to go to Alaska next year. We had intended on taking in Vegas, Vancouver and New York as part of this holiday however, we have the chance to go to Las Vegas in September this year (yippee). Anyway, we've been thinking about what to do instead and I have found an NCL cruise from New York heading to the Bahamas and Florida that leaves on May 11 2008 which ties in perfectly with our trip to Vancouver, Alaska and seeing New York in general. We've got a suite booked to Alaska so due to funds, it will be an inside on the Spirit.

We've never cruised before but have got a great deal on the NCL cruise and we're really tempted finalise the booking (TA holding it for us at the moment). My only worry is that 2 cruises albeit not back to back will be too much for us. Packing will be a mare due to 2 completely different climates but if you had the choice, would you do it?

I know you guys will probably all say yes! I suppose I am looking for a little reassurance!

Thanks

We're booked (with another cruiseline) to go to Alaska next year. We had intended on taking in Vegas, Vancouver and New York as part of this holiday however, we have the chance to go to Las Vegas in September this year (yippee). Anyway, we've been thinking about what to do instead and I have found an NCL cruise from New York heading to the Bahamas and Florida that leaves on May 11 2008 which ties in perfectly with our trip to Vancouver, Alaska and seeing New York in general. We've got a suite booked to Alaska so due to funds, it will be an inside on the Spirit.

We've never cruised before but have got a great deal on the NCL cruise and we're really tempted finalise the booking (TA holding it for us at the moment). My only worry is that 2 cruises albeit not back to back will be too much for us. Packing will be a mare due to 2 completely different climates but if you had the choice, would you do it?

I know you guys will probably all say yes! I suppose I am looking for a little reassurance!

Thanks

Let me think about it for a millisecond....

Uhhhhh YES!

I have no issues with taking two cruises so close together. Go and enjoy them!

:D :D Thanks! Hopefully got Vegas covered as I've been using another travel website for that - staying at signature at mgm. Spending 1 night at the canyon, seeing a couple of shows etc, lots of shopping and eating and chillin!

:D :D Thanks! Hopefully got Vegas covered as I've been using another travel website for that - staying at signature at mgm. Spending 1 night at the canyon, seeing a couple of shows etc, lots of shopping and eating and chillin!

You will love Vegas, its fantastic. Went for the 1st time last year & desparate to go back. Flights are too expensive at the mo though!

Enjoy Vegas & your cruises,

Lisa

Maybe you could pack separate suitcases for the two drastically different climates, and ask your hotel in NY if you could store part of your luggage there while you do the Caribbean cruise?

Maybe you could pack separate suitcases for the two drastically different climates, and ask your hotel in NY if you could store part of your luggage there while you do the Caribbean cruise?

I second the above idea with a twist: what about contacting a luggage service and having them deliver your Alaska luggage right to the ship for you? Might cost more but be a lot less hassle then trying to travel around with multiple suitcases!

Thanks

If I read correctly you are going to Alaska in May, right? I went in August and wore summer clothes the entire time excpet when we went directly into the passage way. During that time I wore a jacket, jeans and sweater.It can be chiily in the Alaska area at night but nothing like you would need to dress as if it will be in the forties. At least that is the way it was for me.

Archived