We made it home- Millie 6/30

berryhappy24

We took the bus/train option and left Millie on Tuesday 7/10 (our anniversary). After a shuttle to Rome, we took the Eurostar 1st class (paid by Celebrity) to Venice, then enjoyed the city until Sunday afternoon. We will not ask for air reimbursement, but will ask for the hotel stay refunds up to July 12, our original ending date.

Thanks for all of your support while we were dealing with a damaged ship. I was very upset at the news, but eventually got over it and the event became quite funny...the reimbursement and future cruise credit helped. Thank you also for the advice given to a new cruiser before we left. I was very well prepared thanks to these boards. I will post later regarding the room, food, service, and such.

We took the bus/train option and left Millie on Tuesday 7/10 (our anniversary). After a shuttle to Rome, we took the Eurostar 1st class (paid by Celebrity) to Venice, then enjoyed the city until Sunday afternoon. We will not ask for air reimbursement, but will ask for the hotel stay refunds up to July 12, our original ending date.

Thanks for all of your support while we were dealing with a damaged ship. I was very upset at the news, but eventually got over it and the event became quite funny...the reimbursement and future cruise credit helped. Thank you also for the advice given to a new cruiser before we left. I was very well prepared thanks to these boards. I will post later regarding the room, food, service, and such.

Thank you for keeping us up to date.

I looked daily for your reports.

I just saw an earlier response to a thread

and, I wondered WHERE you folks were now.

Now, I even know the answer to that too.

Glad you are back and, had an "interesting"

trip.

Did you ever hear what "really happened" other

than there was a power malfunction that caused the ship to

drift and, end up on the rocks??????

Were not the anchors deployed and, why did they not hold

(somewhat?)

I was in the very harbor once on an aircraft carrier

that did not have pods, or thrusters, and, the anchors held

us very well, without us drifting over the rocks.

We're off on the SUMMIT in 2 days to Alaska. :D

Hi Berryhappy !

I wanted to offer you a very special Welcome Home. Again, I am so sorry your Cruise turned out the way it did. We thank you for keeping us updated throughout all of the frustrations you had to deal with.

I am not sure if you picked out another Celebrity Cruise yet, but I hope your next Cruise turns out to be your best Cruise ever. You surely deserve it !

Please let us know how everything turns out with Celebrity.

Did you ever hear what "really happened" other

than there was a power malfunction that caused the ship to

drift and, end up on the rocks??????

Were not the anchors deployed and, why did they not hold

(somewhat?)

I was in the very harbor once on an aircraft carrier

that did not have pods, or thrusters, and, the anchors held

us very well, without us drifting over the rocks.

We never did hear the reason, but the rumor was that the electrical malfunction reset the computers so they didn't know where we were. The ship ended up going full boar into the rocks. The ship was anchored, we heard them lower that morning. Something else that may have affected the problem was another ship leaving the harbor right before we hit. Millie had to change position to let them out, we were positioned across the entrance and had to turn sideways.

I was sittting on deck 10 in the Aquadome facing Port (and shore) I noticed that I was getting a good view as the ship turned, I thought the captain was allowing me a good view of Villefranche, I guess not.

We were also able to put our cancelled trip into perspective after hearing stories from other passengers:( :

The many couples on their honeymoons

The many couples celebrating significant anniversaries- 25, 50, 60

The couple who was traveling with 20 family members to get married on Santorini on 7/7/07

The woman who was meeting her sister in Athens after not seeing her for many, many years.

I'm sure there are many more stories. The trip over may be long, but we're young and have a lot of vacation time to take another trip.

We were also able to put our cancelled trip into perspective after hearing stories from other passengers:( :

The many couples on their honeymoons

The many couples celebrating significant anniversaries- 25, 50, 60

The couple who was traveling with 20 family members to get married on Santorini on 7/7/07

The woman who was meeting her sister in Athens after not seeing her for many, many years.

I'm sure there are many more stories. The trip over may be long, but we're young and have a lot of vacation time to take another trip.

Hi Berryhappy24

I was also on the ill fated cruise of June 30. I am also the bride that was suppose to get married on Santorini on 7-7-07. We eneded up getting married in Michaels Club on 7-7-07. But we did hear stories that the ship flew us to Santorini for our wedding-that would have been nice. It has been a great story to tell everyone-I can laugh at it a little better now but not at the time!

It was nice ready your postings. Glad you made it home ok.

Hi Berryhappy24

I was also on the ill fated cruise of June 30. I am also the bride that was suppose to get married on Santorini on 7-7-07. We eneded up getting married in Michaels Club on 7-7-07. But we did hear stories that the ship flew us to Santorini for our wedding-that would have been nice. It has been a great story to tell everyone-I can laugh at it a little better now but not at the time!

I'm sorry your plans were changed, but I'm glad you were able to get married. My massage therapist at Aquaspa told me about you. I did hear the rumor that you were able to fly from Rome to Santorini, I really hoped you had made it. It will be a wedding to remember. Did Celebrity give you a free "wedding"?

Can you tell me how many pools Millie has.. Please.

Is there an Adult only pool?:)

All pools are on deck 10 and are salt water, a smaller wading pool and deeper swimming pool. Neither are very big and both were full of kids, there were a lot of kids on our ship.

The Aquadome had the thassotherapy pool and 2 hot tubs, free on Millie. Children under 16 are not allowed in there, and we really didn't see any.

We are working on on some sort of reimbursement for the wedding, some if not all. They did a great job trying to make it as close to what we wanted-without the island view. Hey none of my friends can say they were married in a port in Civitavecchia, Italy. kinda makes me laugh :)

We are working on on some sort of reimbursement for the wedding, some if not all. They did a great job trying to make it as close to what we wanted-without the island view. Hey none of my friends can say they were married in a port in Civitavecchia, Italy. kinda makes me laugh :)

I never want to hear Civitavecchia again. :)

Thanks for all the updates...

And I have to say IMHO...We'd love to cruise with you someday.:)

Its nice to see someone with such an optomistic positive attitude when things go awry.

Like they say, when life hands you lemons.....Make Lemoncello!!!! (much more relaxing than lemonade:p )

Dave:eek:

Thanks for all the updates...

And I have to say IMHO...We'd love to cruise with you someday.:)

Its nice to see someone with such an optomistic positive attitude when things go awry.

Like they say, when life hands you lemons.....Make Lemoncello!!!! (much more relaxing than lemonade:p )

Dave:eek:

Well, we do have a free cruise coming to us. :D

welcome back berryhappy24 and cooper95023. As someone who was on the prior sailing to yours, I was especially empathetic towards your plight. We all very much appreciated getting up to date information from you on what was going on. Make the best of your free cruise!

Hi, I also want to welcome you back:).

Glad everyone made it home safe and sound.....and you seem

to have kept a wonderful attitude:)

Thanks for the updates too.

Hi Berryhappy24

Congratulations!!! I'm glad to hear that what happened hasn't ruined your memories. Maybe in 25 years, you wil take the same trip lol.

Welcome home, berryhappy

All pools are on deck 10 and are salt water, a smaller wading pool and deeper swimming pool. Neither are very big and both were full of kids, there were a lot of kids on our ship.

The Aquadome had the thassotherapy pool and 2 hot tubs, free on Millie. Children under 16 are not allowed in there, and we really didn't see any.

Thanks for the info. I was not sure if the ship was like the Constellation.:D

Archived