Exactly what is Concierge Class ?

Annieeee

In many cases I would, but I recognize the answer will be different for different people.

Let me recommend the following to use as a guideline: If spending the $700 on the cabin will make a difference in what you can afford to spend on other things during the cruise (drinks, excursions, spa treatments, souvenirs, etc) then save the money and take the less expensive cabin. You'll enjoy the other items and activities more than the room amenities.

If it doesn't make a big difference then the decision gets even more personal and complicated: Is it in total for both people, or per person? Is the $700 10% of the total cruise price or 40%? Is the room location and type really important to you? Don't' forget there are many cruisers that wouldn't hesitate to spend an extra $5,000 or $10,000 per person for a big suite while on the same cruise there are some that don't think it is worth an extra $50 to change the location of their inside cabin. There is no universal answer so the decision will be different for each cruiser.

We have booked cabin 6143 (Penthouse Level) on the Summigt for a 12 night cruise Barcelona to Venice. After looking at the deck plan and talking to travel agents and the folks at X, we were told that these are bigger cabins and balconies. Would you still say aft as a first choice? I am torn because I really like the view from the side if the ship. I know you have lots of experience so I would love your advice!

Thanks!

We have booked cabin 6143 (Penthouse Level) on the Summigt for a 12 night cruise Barcelona to Venice. After looking at the deck plan and talking to travel agents and the folks at X, we were told that these are bigger cabins and balconies. Would you still say aft as a first choice? I am torn because I really like the view from the side if the ship. I know you have lots of experience so I would love your advice!

Thanks!

Ah, a dilema I know well. We were booked into CC 6143 on Infinity for our November Trans Canal and South America sailing. After much deliberation and scouring the posts on these boards, we have moved to an aft CC stateroom when it came available today.

6143 is a great location, and as I understand it, the verandah is somewhere between 80 and 100 square feet with a teak deck. That's enought for two lounge chairs, a dining table and two regular chairs. I'm sure we would have been very pleased with that stateroom.

The aft CC staterooms however have verandahs that are about 200 square feet, and we particularly like the view of the wake.

Best of luck!

Ah, a dilema I know well. We were booked into CC 6143 on Infinity for our November Trans Canal and South America sailing. After much deliberation and scouring the posts on these boards, we have moved to an aft CC stateroom when it came available today.

6143 is a great location, and as I understand it, the verandah is somewhere between 80 and 100 square feet with a teak deck. That's enought for two lounge chairs, a dining table and two regular chairs. I'm sure we would have been very pleased with that stateroom.

The aft CC staterooms however have verandahs that are about 200 square feet, and we particularly like the view of the wake.

Best of luck!

Argh!!!! I can't take the stress. I can't explain it, but I have a "vibe", generally good feeling about 6143. However.....I am a major "what if" person! It drives my husband crazy!! I will wonder all the way up until the cruise if I made the correct decision. I am type "a" all the way and I just don't know what to do!!! I found a photo of 6143 and the balcony looks huge. I also have seen the aft photo's and to be honest, they look longer, but not quite as wide. That said, they both look absolutely great.

Do I sound crazy enough for you? My husband wants to have me committed!!!

Thanks!

Here's a picture of the balcony from the Summit, if I did it right. Two chairs, two loungers that are tucked up against the wall. If you like that view, I guess I'd stay with it. I'm a big fan of the cabins on the stern, but I think I could "make do" with this one!;)

416540934_CCCabinbalcony.jpg.8854f27e1cb54920626481459bf431cc.jpg

Argh!!!! I can't take the stress. I can't explain it, but I have a "vibe", generally good feeling about 6143. However.....I am a major "what if" person! It drives my husband crazy!! I will wonder all the way up until the cruise if I made the correct decision. I am type "a" all the way and I just don't know what to do!!! I found a photo of 6143 and the balcony looks huge. I also have seen the aft photo's and to be honest, they look longer, but not quite as wide. That said, they both look absolutely great.

Do I sound crazy enough for you? My husband wants to have me committed!!!

Glitter,

No, you don't sound crazy. Honestly though, I think we would be happy in either stateroom. To solve the "problem", just schedule another cruise to try out the stateroom you decide against for this cruise!

A former CT native.

Here's a picture of the balcony from the Summit, if I did it right. Two chairs, two loungers that are tucked up against the wall. If you like that view, I guess I'd stay with it. I'm a big fan of the cabins on the stern, but I think I could "make do" with this one!;)

Thanks for the photo. I wish I had one of the aft balcony to compare. (Side by side) Maybe I am being to obsessive about this. It's a cruise, so it's all going to be good....right????

Glitter,

No, you don't sound crazy. Honestly though, I think we would be happy in either stateroom. To solve the "problem", just schedule another cruise to try out the stateroom you decide against for this cruise!

A former CT native.

Scheduling another cruise is a great idea! Not sure my husband will go for it, but I can certainly ask!:rolleyes:

Oh, just to top it all off, we always sail mid-ship because I tend to turn a little green and eat Bonine like it's candy. Experiencing the aft of the ship should be fun!

First let me admit I've never been in 6143 much - might have seen one once quickly when a fellow cruiser stayed there but I can't say for sure.

With that said, personally, I'd take the Aft Cabin. I like the size of the veranda and the aft view.

The only thing to consider is that I think 6143 is one of the few CC rooms that is slightly larger than all the others - a little wider. But all in all I'd take the aft myself as I like both the size of the veranda, the protection from the wind, and the aft view.

You can't really go wrong with either one - so don't sweat the decision too much!

First let me admit I've never been in 6143 much - might have seen one once quickly when a fellow cruiser stayed there but I can't say for sure.

With that said, personally, I'd take the Aft Cabin. I like the size of the veranda and the aft view.

The only thing to consider is that I think 6143 is one of the few CC rooms that is slightly larger than all the others - a little wider. But all in all I'd take the aft myself as I like both the size of the veranda, the protection from the wind, and the aft view.

You can't really go wrong with either one - so don't sweat the decision too much!

Thanks for your input. I am sure either way it will work out great!

Because it my decision making process is making me crazy and I want the largest CC balcony I can get, I decided to dig for a definitive answer.

After a very long conversation with a representative at Celebrity, it has been confirmed that the balcony on 6143 (side aft) is larger than the balcony on 8172 (aft). They apparently are not keen on making the distinction, but reluctantly told me I wasn't completely bonkers. The diagrams are to scale and I'm not crazy (at lease about this particular topic). I wish getting information out a customer service rep wasn't like pulling teeth.

Phewww.

Archived