Exactly what is Concierge Class ?

Annieeee

Just my opinion...we were booked up to a cc class room...I found no difference from a reg balcony room except for some fruit being delivered each day...they seem to have a desk in the "lobby" that would give you extra info on tours & stuff...but I never saw it on the Connie. I would save my $$ & go with the reg room.

On the M class ships the CC rooms are a little larger. On all ships they are in some of the prime locations (although sometimes that is a matter of opinion which some might not agree with). The amenities themselves are relatively minor, but nice, and they are detailed on the Celebrity web site and brochures.

It is really a personal decision on what has value for you and what you can afford. That distinction will be different for different cruisers. The price difference will also be negligible for some cruises, and significant for others - there is no "standard" difference.

Me? We've had CC rooms on 6 out of 7 cruises. The other one was a last minute cruise at a great last minute price, and we had a category 2c. I prefer the CC room but the 2c was just fine!

First I have to say that after 5 X cruises, it is the only way we have ever sailed with X. And second I would have to say it is the only way I would ever sail.

Reasons why we do:

1--Priority embarkation and disembarkation. We get on in seconds and off when we want.

2--Priority tendering. Last year on Santorini we had friends who waited an hour to get off and we were off in 15 minutes. Worth every penny. We hate lines. Everyone else goes to theater to wait, we go to Michael's Club. Pastries and coffee while we wait and the wait has never been short enough to have a cup of coffee.

3--Pillow menu

4--Upgraded towels

5--All aft cabins on M class ships are CC. We try for those every chance we get and we always want them.

6--The fruit in the room is a nice touch

7--Skip the afternoon hors d'oeuvres and ask for cheese and crackers.

8--Slightly larger cabin on M class ships. 20 square feet can make a difference.

9--My seapass is gold :D

10--The most experienced cabin stewards work in CC. (other than the butlers in suites.)

Drkoob,

are any of the itmes you listed also available for those that have elite status? Or are they available only to those in a cc stateroom and above?

I am more interested in size of the stateroom. I don't mind an aft cabin, but not just any aft will do, we prefer the stern staterooms as those balconies overlook the wake of the ship. I don't care about the fruit or snacks. The priority tendering is nice, RCI provides that too, as well as priority check in and debark. However priority embarkation is not something they have at all the terminals, well at least that has been out experience.

We have not tried Celebrity, we are diamond members with RCI and are looking forward to a first with X next year.

Thank you Gatormom, Lsimon (love all your pics that you post) and DrKoob for your replies.

Annieeee

I am more interested in size of the stateroom.

Then you need to be aware that the CC cabins are only larger than ordinary balcony cabins on the M-class ships. On the C-class ships, they are the same size as the non-CC balcony cabins.

have suite 1202 for Aug 24 sailaway---Rome

do we have same amenities as CC-----do we have butler???

we just up graded for the location without asking about the amenities.

and Tom---thanks for your running commentary on your trip---as you can imagine we were glued to it everyday

have suite 1202 for Aug 24 sailaway---Rome

do we have same amenities as CC-----do we have butler???

we just up graded for the location without asking about the amenities.

and Tom---thanks for your running commentary on your trip---as you can imagine we were glued to it everyday

If you have a sky suite you will have a butler! Enjoy!

I did not see this mentioned.... you have an MUCH more extensive room service menu in this category too.... We found that in a 'normal' balcony room we had a very limited breakfast menu where people that had concierge class had anything they could imagine delivered to the room... also the fact that there is a regular table on the verandah is nice too... for my $$$$ I am booking concierge...

CC perks as shown at Celebrity web site. These were copied from the Summit page but pretty much the same on all ships.

Celebrity ConciergeClass

When you stay in a Celebrity ConciergeClass Stateroom on Summit, you will receive these added amenities and more:

• Welcome champagne
  • Daily fruit selection
  • Fresh-cut flowers
  • Daily hors d'oeuvres
  • Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®
  • Duvets and pillow-top mattresses
  • Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag
  • Double-thick Frette bathrobes
  • Hansgrohe® showerhead
  • VIP invitations to events
  • Early embarkation and debarkation
  • Dining and seating preference
  • Preference on shore excursions
  • Express luggage delivery

The Dining and seating preference perk is important to us because we always ask for early seating & make a special table request.

We had CC on Century this spring, and the table was not large enough to hold all of our breakfast items - some ended up on the floor next to us. No big deal. The room service menu is more extensive.

Ironically, on our next cruise - Millennium 01/2008 - we're going CC again, at a saving over our original 2B cabin. I kept checking the =X= website and noticed prices had gone down. Although we weren't overwhelmed by CC the first time, we now know to ask for some of the benefits- different pillows, 'egg crates' etc. We're still new at this cruising thing :p

so the Caribbean is still a great place for us to visit - especially in January!!

We just came back from Alaska on the Mercury, and we had a CC cabin (1131) and loved it! Yes, I know that on this class of ship the room size is the same as regular balcony rooms, but for us, it just added to our dream cruise of sailing to Alaska. We were first-timers with Celebrity, and because of these boards, our CC room experience was even better than we thought it would be.

Definitely go with the cheese and crackers...very good selections of cheese! If there is a certain type of fruit you prefer, just ask! We had grapes, and bananas, and apples brought fresh every day. The bathrobes are awesome, and the towels very nice. We enjoyed the expanded breakfast menu, and we ordered room service from the dinner menu in Juneau because we were just too tired to get dressed for dinner. Picture it: sitting out on the balcony, eating escargot, salad, shrimp cocktail, steak for DH and salmon for me - washing it all down with a jack and coke! Just didn't get much better than that! And it sure beats just going to the casual dinner option, or grabbing a slice of pizza (which is very good, but not as good as the delicious dining room food).

So, if you get the chance to go CC...I say do it! You will not regret it!

From what I've seen, the standard veranda rooms have a small coffee/drink table that is the height of the seat of the chairs (maybe 18" or 20") and is only around a foot or maybe 18" in diameter.

The table in the CC rooms, and possibly some others, is standard table height so you can pull a chair up to it. It isn't huge, but is maybe 30" or 36" in diameter. You can fit one, or maybe two trays on it, and easily a couple plates of food. In CC rooms they usually, but not always, put a table cloth on this table and serve on it if you have room service for breakfast on the veranda. The chairs in the CC rooms also have fabric cushion covers. The normal CC room balcony has two chairs and one of each size table, which makes the veranda pretty crowded, but it is nice to have the table.

Here is a link to some photos of an aft CC room, if you look at some of the photos on this page you can see the two different size tables.

Click "here" or on this link:

Note that this is an aft CC room which has a much larger veranda than a standard CC room. An average CC room has the same size veranda as an average standard veranda room. There are a handful of rooms, in each class, that have larger verandas.

A great site with links to photos of different rooms is at: http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/cabinpix.html or Click Here

One more point on breakfast menus: The CC rooms have a couple unusual breakfast dishes not available in other rooms. However, you can get all the breakfast items that you would nromally find in the dining room in any cabin on a Celebrity ship, at least during normal breakfast hours, regardless of what is listed on the cards or menus in your cabin. Just ask for it or write in on the card. Tis true for other meals too - anything that is being served in the dinning room can be ordered from room service during dining room hours.

We had CC on Century this spring, and the table was not large enough to hold all of our breakfast items - some ended up on the floor next to us. No big deal. The room service menu is more extensive.

Ironically, on our next cruise - Millennium 01/2008 - we're going CC again, at a saving over our original 2B cabin. I kept checking the =X= website and noticed prices had gone down. Although we weren't overwhelmed by CC the first time, we now know to ask for some of the benefits- different pillows, 'egg crates' etc. We're still new at this cruising thing :p

so the Caribbean is still a great place for us to visit - especially in January!!

We also found a great reduction in price for the CC staterooms over the 2A we had originally booked for our Ft. Lauderdale to Valparaiso sailing this coming November. The CC is now costing us $1,200 less than the 2A we had originally booked. But you MUST check the prices often (every day) to find these savings. The following week, the prices were back above the original cost.

Oh no!

We have booked a Royal Suite and I was looking forward to breakfast on our balcony. Now having checked the photos it looks like we will have one of those silly little tables!

What is the point of booking an expensive RS to the caribbean if we have to eat breakfast at the table indoors?

Can we ask for a different table?

Does anyone have any experiences/comments/advice?

Talk to your room steward.... you should be able to get a different table. We have always found the room steward to be very accommodating.

Just some comments for your perusal.

[*]Welcome champagne Pretty bad bottle. We always send it up to our table and make our tablemates drink it.

[*]Daily fruit selection One nice thing is that you can specify fruit. My wife loves bananas so she asks our steward to only bring bananas.

[*]Fresh-cut flowers We always have these removed as they take up a bunch of space on the desk and I am always carrying this laptop and need all the space I can get for it and my camera, iPod, iPod stereo, etc.

[*]Daily hors d'oeuvres Skip them and ask for cheese and crackers. Much better.

[*]Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic® You have to ask for these. You will never see it otherwise.

[*]Duvets and pillow-top mattresses Love these.

[*]Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag This is OK. We love having the seapass (their version of the key) holder. Has space for a credit card and some cash and often is all we take off the ship besides our passports.

[*]Double-thick Frette bathrobes These are way better than regular.

[*]Hansgrohe® showerhead We liked this so much we got one at home. It is the kind that once you set the temp, it stays the same the whole time.

[*]VIP invitations to events Never gotten one of these. Sailed in CC 5 times.

[*]Early embarkation and debarkation My favorite part

[*]Dining and seating preference Really????

[*]Preference on shore excursions No kidding??

[*]Express luggage delivery I am sorry. This one is the biggest fallacy. We are always in CC and often get our luggage just before dinner.

Oh no!

We have booked a Royal Suite and I was looking forward to breakfast on our balcony. Now having checked the photos it looks like we will have one of those silly little tables!

What is the point of booking an expensive RS to the caribbean if we have to eat breakfast at the table indoors?

We've been to parties in a Royal. You have two or three tables on your balcony. Enjoy.

[*]Welcome champagne Pretty bad bottle. We always send it up to our table and make our tablemates drink it.

Matter of taste... Send it our way, please! We love it!

[*]Daily fruit selection One nice thing is that you can specify fruit. My wife loves bananas so she asks our steward to only bring bananas.

My wife loves them too.

[*]Fresh-cut flowers We always have these removed as they take up a bunch of space on the desk and I am always carrying this laptop and need all the space I can get for it and my camera, iPod, iPod stereo, etc.

To each his own... we prefer the flowers over the laptop.

Right on!

[*]Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic® You have to ask for these. You will never see it otherwise.

So true.

We shall have to ask.

Guess we've been lucky.

[*]Dining and seating preference Really???? For us, one of the BEST reasons to choose CC class.

[*]Express luggage delivery I am sorry. This one is the biggest fallacy. We are always in CC and often get our luggage just before dinner.

We *usually* get ours early. Last cruise we got it just before dinner.

CC class is good

[*]Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag This is OK. We love having the seapass (their version of the key) holder. Has space for a credit card and some cash and often is all we take off the ship besides our passports.

[*]Double-thick Frette bathrobes These are way better than regular.

[*]Hansgrohe® showerhead We liked this so much we got one at home. It is the kind that once you set the temp, it stays the same the whole time.

[*]Early embarkation and debarkation My favorite part

[*]Dining and seating preference Really????

[*]Preference on shore excursions No kidding??

Enjoyed your uplifting report!

:eek:

First I have to say that after 5 X cruises, it is the only way we have ever sailed with X. And second I would have to say it is the only way I would ever sail.

Reasons why we do:

1--Priority embarkation and disembarkation. We get on in seconds and off when we want.

2--Priority tendering. Last year on Santorini we had friends who waited an hour to get off and we were off in 15 minutes. Worth every penny. We hate lines. Everyone else goes to theater to wait, we go to Michael's Club. Pastries and coffee while we wait and the wait has never been short enough to have a cup of coffee.

3--Pillow menu

4--Upgraded towels

5--All aft cabins on M class ships are CC. We try for those every chance we get and we always want them.

6--The fruit in the room is a nice touch

7--Skip the afternoon hors d'oeuvres and ask for cheese and crackers.

8--Slightly larger cabin on M class ships. 20 square feet can make a difference.

9--My seapass is gold :D

10--The most experienced cabin stewards work in CC. (other than the butlers in suites.)

I agree with the assessments of everyone extolling the virtues of CC. We will never book less on the M class ships.

Archived