Exactly what is Concierge Class ?

Annieeee

:) We had CC Class onboard the Millenium and the Constellation and most recently to the Baltic. The differences I found were faster embarkation, daily snacks, cushions on the Veranda chairs, better service, quality products in the bathrooms including larger fluffier colorful towels, champaign on ice the first day and quicker and attentive service overall. In addition the rooms are a little bigger depending on the ship and your location. Moreover, although subtle to some, these add ons just make your cruise experience a little more first class.:)

I am new to the CC Class, I thought we get Binoculars too?

You get binoculars but they are worthless. You could do better with two toilet paper rolls with saran wrap on each end. Take your own if you really want to see anything. Or get a pair just like the ones the X supplies at your local toy store.

exactly what does the butler do different or/else for you that the room steward does/doesn't do for you???

we're in Sky Suite and were wondering the difference-----we'll find out in 4 weeks thats for sure :) :) :)

You get binoculars but they are worthless. You could do better with two toilet paper rolls with saran wrap on each end.

LOL!!! :D The TP rolls will weigh much less in one's suitcase and can be thrown away at the end of the cruise!! I'm taking a pair just on principle!! (and what a conversation starter when I'm wearing them around my neck -- could probably get a few people going with them as well!! ;) )

Barb

We are sailing for the first time on Celebrity to Alaska this September. Other cruises were on HAL and Crystal. When checking our reservation on-line, a month ago .... I was offered a free upgrade to a concierge room. So, what the heck - it's free.

A couple days ago I called for the third time about wanting a table for 2. The first time I was told politely to forget it as a first timer. The second time I was told that they would make a note on my reservation (the first person did not) and the third time ... now that I am concierge class ... the fellow said he would personally prepare a paper request and take it to the right person ... and that there should be no problem. What a difference the concierge class makes!

Here our concierge class experience from the Century (July 2007). I copied what Celebrity Cruises promises for Concierge Class and added our own experience:

• Welcome champagne It is NOT champagne but a sparkling wine from the Loire Valley. You can buy it in French supermarkets for 7.95 Euros per bottle.
  • Daily fruit selection Yes, but do we need it when you can get fresh-cut fruit all day at one the buffet restaurants?
  • Fresh-cut flowers Yes, surely a nice touch.
  • Daily hors d'oeuvres Yes, but do not expect gourmet food but rather bland canapés (often with ersatz caviar). And, again, the last thing I need on a cruise is more food.
  • Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic® Not at all. All we got were two flat standard pillows of the same kind.
  • Duvets and pillow-top mattresses Yes, pretty ordinary duvets. I wonder what the passengers on non CC-class cabins get.
  • Leather key holder, personalized stationery and tote bag Yes, cheap little useless gimmicks. The tote bag is okay, we got it on the last day of our cruise.
  • Double-thick Frette bathrobes Yes, really nice. But the standard bathrobes are also okay.
  • Hansgrohe® showerhead Yes, for us Germans, these showerheads are standard, nothing special. I wonder what kind of showerheads the non CC-class cabins have.
  • VIP invitations to events Not at all. We received not a single invitation.
  • Early embarkation and debarkation Not at all. Somehow we were always directed into the longest line. Embarkation took 80 minutes.
  • Dining and seating preference Can't tell for the main dining room. At Murano, reservations were taken strictly on a "first come - first served" basis. At 2 p.m. on embarkation day many of the most attractive time slots were already booked. No CC privilege.
  • Preference on shore excursions Can't tell. We didn't book any shore excursions (saved a lot of $$$ and saw thrice as much).
  • Express luggage delivery Not at all. We dropped our luggage at 12:15 and received it at 17:15.

It is rather strange that a considerable number of promised features were clear fallacies. Usually, we call such things cheating.

• Dining and seating preference Can't tell for the main dining room. At Murano, reservations were taken strictly on a "first come - first served" basis. At 2 p.m. on embarkation day many of the most attractive time slots were already booked. No CC privilege.

It is rather strange that a considerable number of promised features were clear fallacies. Usually, we call such things cheating.

Here our concierge class experience from the Century (July 2007). I copied what Celebrity Cruises promises for Concierge Class and added our own experience:

• Welcome champagne It is NOT champagne but a sparkling wine from the Loire Valley. You can buy it in French supermarkets for 7.95 Euros per bottle.
  • Daily fruit selection Yes, but do we need it when you can get fresh-cut fruit all day at one the buffet restaurants?
  • Fresh-cut flowers Yes, surely a nice touch.
  • Daily hors d'oeuvres Yes, but do not expect gourmet food but rather bland canapés (often with ersatz caviar). And, again, the last thing I need on a cruise is more food.
  • Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic® Not at all. All we got were two flat standard pillows of the same kind.
  • Duvets and pillow-top mattresses Yes, pretty ordinary duvets. I wonder what the passengers on non CC-class cabins get.
  • Leather key holder, personalized stationery and tote bag Yes, cheap little useless gimmicks. The tote bag is okay, we got it on the last day of our cruise.
  • Double-thick Frette bathrobes Yes, really nice. But the standard bathrobes are also okay.
  • Hansgrohe® showerhead Yes, for us Germans, these showerheads are standard, nothing special. I wonder what kind of showerheads the non CC-class cabins have.
  • VIP invitations to events Not at all. We received not a single invitation.
  • Early embarkation and debarkation Not at all. Somehow we were always directed into the longest line. Embarkation took 80 minutes.
  • Preference on shore excursions Can't tell. We didn't book any shore excursions (saved a lot of $$$ and saw thrice as much).
  • Express luggage delivery Not at all. We dropped our luggage at 12:15 and received it at 17:15.

When it comes to the pillow menu, you have to ask for it. They don't offer it unless you do.

The non-CC cabins do not have shower valves that control the temperature so if someone in the next cabin turns on the shower it can severely affect your water temp. Not in CC. This is not standard in US homes.

I agree about the invitations to VIP events. We have never received any and have been in CC six times.

When it comes to embarkation and disembarkation DEMAND IT. We have never had to do that. We have always gotten on and off in less than 15 minutes. Every cruise. But we were not only in CC but we are Elite as well so that may have something to do with it.

The dining room arrangements they are referring to are for the main dining room not specialty restaurants. You can get preferential reservations there if you are in Captain's Club.

As I said, skip the canapes and have them bring you cheese. Yum! And the fruit is nice to have without having to go up to the buffet.

Drkoob,

are any of the itmes you listed also available for those that have elite status? Or are they available only to those in a cc stateroom and above?

I am more interested in size of the stateroom. I don't mind an aft cabin, but not just any aft will do, we prefer the stern staterooms as those balconies overlook the wake of the ship. I don't care about the fruit or snacks. The priority tendering is nice, RCI provides that too, as well as priority check in and debark. However priority embarkation is not something they have at all the terminals, well at least that has been out experience.

We have not tried Celebrity, we are diamond members with RCI and are looking forward to a first with X next year.

Thank you Gatormom, Lsimon (love all your pics that you post) and DrKoob for your replies.

Annieeee

We are trying Celebrity on the Millenium next year and are also RCI Diamond Plus, so we're enrolled in CC at the Elite level. I don't think those perks apply to Elite - Celebrity offers a fairly paltry menu of repeater benefits when compared to RCI, although priority embarkation/tendering/disembarkation appear to be offered:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=membership_benefits&cS=SIDENAV

I like a feather pillow, and am hoping I can just ask for one from my cabin steward. And hasn't Celebrity gone with all new bedding ala RCI?

The things that we consider important to us are part of Elite status...priority embarkation and debarkation, priority tendering, and priority on dinning room seating request. In addition we receive flowers, canapes but not every evening, and VIP invitations including dinner at the Captain's table. We love these perks but wouldn't pay extra for them.

We were on the Century cruise just prior to yours, and we also received the tote bag on the evening of our last port day. No key holder, though.

To be honest, we booked CC on this ship to get the extra cruise credit, as that brings us up to the next level of Captain's Club. I don't think I'd do it again on Century, but I would on the M-class ships as the cabins are a bit larger. (We are a family of three.)

It depends on the cabin. I would for an aft cabin. In a minute. Or for one of the CC cabins on the sixth deck in the middle of the suites. But probably not any place else on the ship.

It depends on the cabin. I would for an aft cabin. In a minute. Or for one of the CC cabins on the sixth deck in the middle of the suites. But probably not any place else on the ship.

Oh for an aft, it's not a question, but there all gone. I mean for a regular cabin.

So would any of you pay $700 for a 14 day cruise for CC class? that's the difference for our cruise right now.

In many cases I would, but I recognize the answer will be different for different people.

Let me recommend the following to use as a guideline: If spending the $700 on the cabin will make a difference in what you can afford to spend on other things during the cruise (drinks, excursions, spa treatments, souvenirs, etc) then save the money and take the less expensive cabin. You'll enjoy the other items and activities more than the room amenities.

If it doesn't make a big difference then the decision gets even more personal and complicated: Is it in total for both people, or per person? Is the $700 10% of the total cruise price or 40%? Is the room location and type really important to you? Don't' forget there are many cruisers that wouldn't hesitate to spend an extra $5,000 or $10,000 per person for a big suite while on the same cruise there are some that don't think it is worth an extra $50 to change the location of their inside cabin. There is no universal answer so the decision will be different for each cruiser.

If you have not tried, go for it.

Half the fun is dreaming just how good it might be.

Best on M class, not sure if it is worth even $50 more per person on C class. The rooms are no bigger.

Ask for the Perks or they will likely not be given.

Our favorites were the fruit and pillows. But you have got to ask.

We cancelled a Sky suite with the Butler cause we got CC 7208 on the Milli. The great aft cabins. Hey for what we will save tipping the butler we can lay it on our room steward and believe me they will do a GREAT job when ya tipping lot's extra

The $700 is the total for two people. It would be around a 12% increase over our 2B that we currently have booked. We're balcony people, that's why if the price was double that for an aft, I wouldn't blink. But I don't think $700 is worth it for two feet. Can't I still order a cheese plate from room service everyday if I want to?

Our last trip on Millennium was corner FV so either one is going to be a let down after that :)

The $700 is the total for two people. It would be around a 12% increase over our 2B that we currently have booked. We're balcony people, that's why if the price was double that for an aft, I wouldn't blink. But I don't think $700 is worth it for two feet. Can't I still order a cheese plate from room service everyday if I want to?

Our last trip on Millennium was corner FV so either one is going to be a let down after that :)

If you are saying $700 extra for both to do CC verses a balcony, that is IMHO a know brainer. Just take the balcony. You can get what ever you really want by asking. Hey if that does not work, wave the $$$$ and it shall be given.

If you are saying $700 extra for both to do CC verses a balcony, that is IMHO a know brainer. Just take the balcony. You can get what ever you really want by asking. Hey if that does not work, wave the $$$$ and it shall be given.

My thoughts exactly!

Ours is $2,849 for a 2A and $3,199 for a CC. I'll keep an eye on prices though to see if the CC comes down or my beloved FV opens up.

I would agree with you Cruise Junky about just keeping 2A and see if the price comes down. If I remember right Celebrity a few years ago took the balcony cabins and just renamed the 2A and 2C and came up with the CC cabins. For $50 - $75 each I might make the jump to CC. I just don't feel that CC is worth that much more. Now FV, that's another story!

Archived