Why a 5PM M&M on AOS????

It is formal night & 5PM is when I am getting dressed for main seating & I want to enjoy all the folks at the cocktail party with the Captain, not at a Meet & Mingle. I keep seeing AOS as the only ship doing this. Why not 11:30AM like the other ships????

Macop I would think they would do it much earlier in afternoon then right before early dining. doesn't make sense. DH & I will be attending our very first M & M in a year on our Hawaii Cruise, looks like we have a good size group and still 15 months out.

RADIANCE OF THE SEAS, HAWAII OCT 11, 2008

Yes Macop, to me also, 5pm on Formal Night does not seem to be the best choice for the Meet and Mingle. In checking the list, I see that the July 30, 2007, Meet and Mingle for the Adventure of the Seas is listed for 5am. Think it is a misprint? ;) (wink, wink) . I'm curious to hear from those who have met at 5pm on the Adventure of the Seas, to know how things worked out for you. Thanks in advance and Happy Sailing!:)

Our M&M on AOS was also at 5pm on the first at sea day/formal night. We had early seating, so I had to get my hair and make-up finished before the M&M, throw on some shorts and a top, go to the M&M for about 20 minutes, then run back to our cabin to finish getting ready for dinner. It was hectic, and was compounded by the fact that we were having a rocky sea day that was REALLY affecting me.

I considered going to the M&M completely ready for dinner, but I'm glad I didn't since everyone else showed up in shorts!

The M&M should DEFINITELY be at another time!

This same thing happened to us last year on our 7/16/06 FOS cruise. Most people had second seating, but we had main. It wasn't good timing by any means, and I even emailed a request for a time change right after the time/date was posted, but never heard back.

In May AOS we also had our M&M at 5pm not the best time-but it is do-able. There were several of us all dressed up in our formal wear so we could spend the hour and then go to dinner- The captains coctail party was combined with the late dinner group as there was only one and was on the Promenade not in one of the lounges. So we could do it all-however rushed-but we made it!!:)

Our M&M for our last cruise was scheduled on a port day at 7 pm. The people with early dinner would still be at dinner, while the late dinner people would be getting ready. Our first full day on the ship was a sea day so we ALL emailed RCL and asked them to change it to the sea day and make it at a better time, like 11 am. Well, they listened, and we had 100% attendance at our M&M! It was the best one I've been to so far!

That happened to us last year on the Navigator. Hardly anyone showed up and those who did were in their formalwear. Actually the captain and his wife were there all dressed up, too. I just assumed the captain comes to the M&M because that was the first one I ever went to, but he wasn't at this year's M&M. Now our cocktail party with the captain was in between the two dinner seatings...7:15-8. Hope that helps!!!!!:D

On our Constellation transatlantic in April 2006 they scheduled our Cruise Critic gathering for 10 AM on the first sea day. Who feels like getting up that early on the second day of the cruise? As expected many did not attend. I dragged myself down there half asleep. Poor planning in my opinion. I will give them credit for scheduling a second gathering later in the cruise but again it was during a popular entertainment performance. More poor planning.

Hey Lynn the Cruiser - which captain was it that attended your M&M? Was it Captain Bang and his wife (Tjukka)?

He has a reputation of being very accessible and attends most meet and mingles. He was our captain on our last cruise and was awesome. Even raffled off dinner at the captain's table during the M&M. Wouldn't you know it was won by a 10 year old boy. He actually attended and did very well I was told!

Hey Lynn the Cruiser - which captain was it that attended your M&M? Was it Captain Bang and his wife (Tjukka)?

He has a reputation of being very accessible and attends most meet and mingles. He was our captain on our last cruise and was awesome. Even raffled off dinner at the captain's table during the M&M. Wouldn't you know it was won by a 10 year old boy. He actually attended and did very well I was told!

Captain Bang and his wife Darlene attended our Meet and Mingle on our Navigator transatlantic this past April. I've heard they usually do.

We had the same thing happen on our Serenade cruise in May. All of us on the M&M thread emailed RCI and asked them to change it to a specific day and approx. hour. We were pleasantly surprised when they changed it per our request. You could try it with your sailing ... you never know.

I don't know why, but I can tell you that it was the most inconvenient one we ever went to. It was right before a formal dinner, therefore most people didn't bother to show up. We went, but we could only stay about 15 minutes due to the whole dinner thing.

that I put together on 2 cruises, so far. Jewel C&A Member Cruise May '06 & Brilliance 4/16/07. CD came to it on Jewel & the Captain with his gift came on Brilliance. He came up to our stateroom with my room key that he found on a table that I was cleaning up after the party. Told me that was not a good idea to leave it & he had a great time with us & loved his Canadian maple syrup. I used Crayola colors for 2007 instead of numbers which added laughter to the mix of folks. Captain was RAVISHING RED, I was EMBARRASSING PINK. The rest of the cruise had folks calling us by our color names.

But why Adventure wants a 5PM M&M is becides me & Laura doesn't have them change it to 11AM as the other ships have it???

I have cruised the AOS 3 times, and the M&M is always at 5pm on the first sea day, which is also formal night.

The 5 pm time stinks. No-one wants to feel rushed while on vacation. I believe strongly that the time should be changed to the morning or early afternoon. Maybe if enough of us email with our suggestion, someone will do something about it? :confused:

that I put together on 2 cruises, so far. Jewel C&A Member Cruise May '06 & Brilliance 4/16/07. CD came to it on Jewel & the Captain with his gift came on Brilliance. He came up to our stateroom with my room key that he found on a table that I was cleaning up after the party. Told me that was not a good idea to leave it & he had a great time with us & loved his Canadian maple syrup. I used Crayola colors for 2007 instead of numbers which added laughter to the mix of folks. Captain was RAVISHING RED, I was EMBARRASSING PINK. The rest of the cruise had folks calling us by our color names.

But why Adventure wants a 5PM M&M is becides me & Laura doesn't have them change it to 11AM as the other ships have it???

You know they tried to do the same thing to us on our Panama Canal cruise and enough of us complained and they finally changed it, of course we had 14 days to work with. :rolleyes:

d

We were just on the AOS a couple of weeks ago. I agree.....the 5 o'clock time is not convenient.....but.....it was doable with a little planning. We had second seating and that was easier to work around than if you had main seating. We almost had 100% attendance, though. Most everyone really made the effort. It's so disappointing when people that you have chatted with for so long don't show up. I'll have to remember the e-mail tactic in case we have another inconvenient time.

Archived