Hello Love to Cruise Critic from Becky Thompson

We just returned from our B2B on Freedom of The Seas. Becky was on last week, though is taking over as cruise director this week. I was able to chat with her and she spoke very highly of Cruise Critic and all the folks that post here. She asked that I please pass on how much it means to her that so many of us think so highly of her! :) She was so nice and friendly! She said it was very hard for her to leave The Mariner and Capt. Johnny and the crew, but she excited to be on the Freedom. She confirmed that with her being on the Freedom she will be able to spend more time with her fiance who lives in Miami. She thought it was funny that we all follow her so closely and said we will probably know things about her before she does herself. She really admires Cruise Critic folks and wanted everyone to know! She passes on a "Hello Love" to all! :)

I sure hope the folks on the Freedom are treating her with the respect she deserves. The next cruise director on the Mariner will have a large pair of shoes to fill. As for the folks on the Freedom, they are all in for a treat. We all love Becky and wish her the best.

We just returned from our B2B on Freedom of The Seas. Becky was on last week, though is taking over as cruise director this week. I was able to chat with her and she spoke very highly of Cruise Critic and all the folks that post here. She asked that I please pass on how much it means to her that so many of us think so highly of her! :) She was so nice and friendly! She said it was very hard for her to leave The Mariner and Capt. Johnny and the crew, but she excited to be on the Freedom. She confirmed that with her being on the Freedom she will be able to spend more time with her fiance who lives in Miami. She thought it was funny that we all follow her so closely and said we will probably know things about her before she does herself. She really admires Cruise Critic folks and wanted everyone to know! She passes on a "Hello Love" to all! :)
Wonder how long she will be on FOS. We sail FOS on 2/24/08. She was our CD on our Jan. 21 Mariner cruise and was incredible and as sweet as can be when you meet her!!!

Becky, if somehow you are reading this, just wanted to give you my best wishes, and hope to sail with you again in the near future :)

Nova Mimi, thanks for passing along her message!

Cathy and I couldn't agree with anything more than this. Becky you made our cruise wonderful back in March. Hopefully we will get to share the same ship again with you and your incredible Talents :)

David and Cathy :D

NoVa Mimi, Becky joined our M&M on Mariner back in January after she was dropped on the ice and said the same things about CC. She was amazed how many people came up to her wishing her well but didn't realize how so many people could know about her injury so quickly. She give us a great speech on how much she appreciated all the well wishes and nice thoughts she gets here so somehow I think she's is checking in on occasion. I'm sure she really misses Mariner but hope she will love working on Freedom too.

Hope to see you in January Luv!:p

This brings up something I'm curious about: what are the working hours like of ppl who work on the ships? For instance, do they work a week and then take off a week? Or do they only work certain itineraries? Or what? Obviously they don't go home at night (hehe), but how often are they home?

This brings up something I'm curious about: what are the working hours like of ppl who work on the ships? For instance, do they work a week and then take off a week? Or do they only work certain itineraries? Or what? Obviously they don't go home at night (hehe), but how often are they home?

I think that most employees work for 6 or 7 months, or longer, straight. Our steward Daniela had been gone for 7 months. She is from Macedonia

Archived