Travel Iron on the Millenium

Odd Couple

We are first time cruisers and I have just bought a travel iron to take on the cruise. However, I read a message on one of your boards indicating that I won't be able to use it on the ship. (Millenium.)

My husband hates to dress up, and insists that a navy blazer and grey slacks will do for the three formal nights on our 12 night cruise. What do the majority wear? Is it worth lugging a suit and a blazer? Thank you all for your help

We sailed on the Millie a couple of years ago. I bought a travel steamer and it worked well. Celebrity tends to be more formal than the other popular lines with most passengers going all out for formal night. My DH decided to wear a tux and was very happy he did. He certainly was not in the minority. I would think your husband will stand out wearing a blazer and dress pants.

Beth

Irons aren't allowed in the cabins because of the fire hazard. Bring a travel steamer.

Celebrity is a more formal line and a blazer with dress pants is what the men wear for informal/semi-formal nights. On my Celebrity cruises a vast majority of the men wore tuxes and the rest were in suits. Not many in just a sport coat.

Ditto Kitty 9

Millie had a great laundry service, it only costs a few dollars to have stuff pressed and everything comes back immaculate!

(Unlike P an O to whom I sent an evening dress for cleaning and it came back pressed but not cleaned GRR!)

I have heard so many different things about dress code, and I wonder if it really does depend on the actual cruise. I get the impression that cruises such as 7 night caribbean, allow a slightly more casual approach than the 14 night more formal cruises. I really dont know as I only have experience of the 14 night cruises. After seeing what was allowed on my last P and O cruise on formal night, I completely despair!

Its your choice, but as Kitty says, most will be in tuxes or at the very least, a dark suit.

IMHO once you see the dining room on Millie, your husband would want to be dressed his best. Its a beautiful elegant room, and I know for sure, my husband would not feel right in anything less than a tux or his formal highland wear on formal night.

You could always hire one just for the evening.

What about you? Are you wearing an evening dress? If so, use some gentle womanly persuasion to DH to "match" you.

No matter what, you will have a wonderful time!

Milliennium...oh ..you will have a ball!!!

Millennium cruisers will more than likely be much more "dressier" on formal nights: tux or suit but save the blazer for Informal nights (2 on a 12 night cruise). As mentioned, the travel iron can be a fire hazard, that is why it is not allowed. However, many people do bring one. Don't let the steward find it! Also, don't leave a curling iron plugged in even if it has an off switch. Pack your dress clothes in light plastic dry clearner bags to help reduce wrinkles.

Bon Voyage

Archived