Need Bar Harbor info from a local or someone recently there...

Coral

2 years ago on a cruise, we stopped Bar Harbor. On Main Street - about a block or two before the "Get Clocked" store, there was an art store (gallery) that sold tons of acrylic paintings for a reasonable amount. We bought 2 framed for $300 or so. Both had lighthouse/sunset scenes.

I know they are a seasonal store in that they were packing up and closing for the season. Can someone tell me if they returned, and if so, what the name of their place is. I am interested in buying more paintings and can not locate the name of the gallery.

Coral I also did a search and put in Bar harbor galleries and up came a yellow page directory and that name is not listed. So maybe they have changed ownership.

Marilyn

Coral I also did a search and put in Bar harbor galleries and up came a yellow page directory and that name is not listed. So maybe they have changed ownership.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

I haven't found it either.

I think it was a seasonal operation. I don't remember seeing a sign on the outside of the door. When we purchased it, they said that it would take a few weeks to mail them out as they are closing/moving out for the season. They also said that the credit card would come through with the name "Seaside gallery" on them and that the headquarters were in anohter state. I just don't remember the other state. The location they used looked like an empty store front with tons of paintings inside. It wasn't setup like a nice gallery is but I love these paintings I have from there.

Theresa

There are a few shops on the main street that it could be it, but the store doesn't ring a bell --- every year stores come and go .... and some stores that have been around for years have left this year (Domus Isle)(spelling), which is too bad as I really liked that shop. I would get in touch with the NC shop to see if it is the same.

Wish I could help, but I stay away from the island during tourist season ... it's too crowded and not as much fun when one has to battle traffic. (Which is why LL Bean gave a grant to start the free bus system ... we've been having too much traffic and pollution from all the vehicles)

I'd call the tourist board in Bar Harbor and I'm sure that they could tell you if the shop is still there. If you need the phone number just yell. Jan

Archived