outside cabin

TravelAbby

I have put a hold on an outside cabin for the 9/8 sailing of the Regatta.

Our pattern seems to be always to book our cruises late. The only cabins available are outside cabins (165 square foot). Because of the wonderful

itinery I feel I could live with it but my husband is against it. He feels spending 2 weeks in such small quarters would be difficult. I would like to get more info from previous Oceania passengers. The timing of this trip (Sept.) and the ports are ideal.

Abby

We've stayed in outside cabins (category C-1) twice on Oceania's ships, and have a third cruise booked. Yes, they are compact, but I think well laid out and certainly adequate.

We've also stayed in a Category B-1, balcony cabin, on Pacific Princess, another of the R-class vessels. The cabin is the same size, but there is a balcony which adds to the usable space.

For us, the 165 sq ft has been fine, and I don't think a mini-suite or bigger is worth the extra fare, but that is me. We spend very little time in our cabin.

We stayed in deck 4 outside for 32 days ..it was not a problem.

we were not taking meals in there or spending all day there.

It is comfortable.

All the cabins except for the PH and suites are the same size so you would have to upgrade considerably.

With Oceania you need to book early to get your choice of cabins

I just returned from 10 days in a C2 Stateroom (outside room deck 4). It actually seemed spacious to me. The room is well designed with plenty of storage and places to stow your luggage. On deck 5 there is a Promenade that I joked was our private balcony - there are several deck chairs available and it seemed like few on board spent much time there except us. It was heavenly. Enjoy yourselves!

Just returned from a Regatta cruise, and while the cabin was snug, we didn't have any problems since we spent so little time in the cabin due to the port intensive itinerary. However, if you like to eat in your cabin or have a lot of days at sea, I could definitely see the size as a problem.

We decided to book the cruise and make do with the cabin. I appreciate Oceania's casual dress code. When you are traveling to Europe you may want to extend your trip with a land portion. Packing 3 evening dresses and a tuxedo just burdens you with even more luggage. Are all shore excursions listed always offered? In Marseille we want to book a tour called A Day In Provence. This excursion is a trip to the Luberon villages and is probably not as popular as some of the others leaving from Marseille. We were wondering if we should arrange for a private tour as we have seen much of this area and don't want to be disappointed if Oceania cancels the tour.

Thanks for your help.

Abby

Archived