Why did you choose your last HAL cruise?

bUU

Why did you choose your last HAL cruise?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you choose your last HAL cruise?

• Legacy of the Cruise Line
    • Reputation for Service
    • Itinerary
    • Price
    • Shipboard Activities
    • Cuisine
    • Other

Greetings -- This poll has a definite orientation; it would also be interesting if there were a sister poll that asked what turned you off on a HAL cruise to the extent that you took a cruise with a different line. There are positive and negative reasons for doing everything.

I can tell you that HAL was not my first choice. The other line lost because they showed a room availability, but when I tried to book it as a solo online , it wasn't available. So then I tried to book as a double (to see what happened) and sure enough it was available again! I don't do business like that! They have lost me as a customer, forever. HAL has won through honest business ethics.

Zorrosuncle

We definitely choose our cruises by itinerary and look to HAL first. We have strayed to other lines, though, if the offerings look more interesting than HAL, though that's only happened two times in the last three years!:D

I choose my cruises by date since my vacation "window" is small, after that I choose based on itinerary.

The reason that I keep booking HAL is because it works great for a multi-generational cruising experience. I've recently cruised with my 84 year old Grandma and my 7 year old son and the HAL ships offer things that they both enjoy.

I would hope that folks would actually select that choice to indicate that it went into the decision they made.

I did. I don't know about others, however, since you can't see who voted for what.

You have had 106 cast ballots, but only 152 total selections ... meaning that most voted for only one thing. Perhaps wording the poll a little differently would have helped? How one designs a poll can be somewhat tricky.

And they don't let ya edit the posts after a few minutes. :) Maybe once this poll closes I'll create a second poll, based on all we've learned about creating the poll from this first one! LOL

And they don't let ya edit the posts after a few minutes. :) Maybe once this poll closes I'll create a second poll, based on all we've learned about creating the poll from this first one! LOL

That's actually a good idea.

Which reminds me ... I need to drag my ship polls to the top so that people who have been gone for a while can see them and vote on them. I think we've got enough data on those to do some analysis. However, if memory serves me correctly, the results were not at all surprising for the dynamics of this board.

We look for itinerary first. Then, it's which ship we haven't been on yet - but always within the HAL fleet. We do look at Princess and Celebrity, but always come back to HAL when we're ready to book. It just feels right for us.

First for us that the ship leaves from NY in the fall. Second was price .

We don't really care where the ship goes on most cruises that we take in the fall but leaving fron NY it is usually New England - Canada or the Caribbean..

We usually book a high end cruise in the winter like Regent or Silversea and for that destination is the first and only concern.

I voted for itinerary, price and other. The other factors include the dates of travel because I still work full time teaching at a college so DH and I have to cruise around my scheduled time off and that is the first thing we look at when deciding where to go. We have done primarily Alaska and Mexico because those work for best for me. We enjoy the HAL ships so sometimes when we do a repeat itinerary we may stay on board rather than do shore excursions. It just depends. We love the atmosphere on HAL.

The question was why did you chose your last cruise. I picked HAL and the Noordam because they were sailing out of NYC to someplace that was warm and I didn't have to fly. Having cruised HAL before, loving the service, the ambience, etc. it was a no brainer. I've picked my next cruise for the same reason. Only time will tell what I will do when HAL pulls out of NY. I can't promise I will follow the line to FLA. Eventually, I will want to cruise in Europe and after we retire(which will be soon) I will have more options to do that. So, maybe then I will follow HAL there.

Archived