Norm and I are Ol' conchs from Key West

snelsonbrown

Starskyfan There is a city parking garage located near the seaport at the corner of Grinell and Eaton I believe. Its $14/day. parking is free on the side streets if you can find it. We are going this weekend but taking the Keywest express boat from Ft Meyers so no car worries. Enjoy

Thanks, I will write that in my notes:)

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought an RV and am interested in driving it to Key West, can u reccomend a RV park close to Old Town in Key West

You are very limited. The closest RV park is on Stock Island. It's called Boyd's Campground. The park itself isn't too bad, but the neighborhood isn't the greatest. Right outside the gates, you can buy crack on almost any corner.

I suggest going up the Keys a little. Try Bluewater RV Park on the Saddlebunch Keys (mm 15). Also, there is a nice KOA at the 20 mm.

Just FYI, don't count on affordable prices in the winter.

• 3 weeks later...
Someone from KW please help. I am greatly interested in the Trails of Margaritaville tour. Is it worth it? I am a HUGE Parrotthead and want to experience all I can.

We also will be there on Oct. 22!!!!

are you on the Liberty?

Hi, Keerle

Trails of Margaritaville is definitely worth it. We have done it twice. It's really fun to hear all the Parrothead/Buffett trivia in addition to the KW history. My husband & I are now friends with one of the guides and his wife when we did the tour last October. If you are big Parrotheads like we are, do it!

Joanne

• 1 year later...
We are arriving via cruising on 8/28. I didnt find RCCL excursions too exciting, I figured hubby and I would just be walking around.. and I hear we HAVE to try the chocolate covered key lime pie!?! Are we docking at at pier or tendering in? And if we are docking, is there stuff to do nearby? This is our first cruise and sooo afraid of getting left behind!

Ahoy megnsamsgracie, We are on the same sailing. Please join our group on the Enchantment 8/27 meet and mingle thread. See you onboard. Only a couple more weeks!

• 2 months later...

does anyone have any information about the martello museum where they keep the ghost doll? this is just about the only thing we haven't seen in beautiful kw. that and the sandal factory. can't wait till 12/27 when we stop in kw.

does anyone have any information about the martello museum where they keep the ghost doll? this is just about the only thing we haven't seen in beautiful kw. that and the sandal factory. can't wait till 12/27 when we stop in kw.

That is the East Martello Museum. It is located at the airport entrance on S. Roosevelt Blvd.

Hi everyone - We 3 couples are on the Freedom ariving in KW on Nov. 16th. I have been to KW before 2007 and loved it. We did kite flying and shopping then. This time i would like to travel around the sites via ther Conch Train or something like this where we can get on and off at our leisure. Does anyone know what company would be best. Our friends are real parrotheads so we will end our visit at Margaretaville. Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone - We 3 couples are on the Freedom ariving in KW on Nov. 16th. I have been to KW before 2007 and loved it. We did kite flying and shopping then. This time i would like to travel around the sites via ther Conch Train or something like this where we can get on and off at our leisure. Does anyone know what company would be best. Our friends are real parrotheads so we will end our visit at Margaretaville. Thanks for your help.

You can not hop on/off the Conch Train. For this, you would have to use the Old Town Trolley. Go to the booth located next to the Key West Aquarium. It's only a 1 block walk from where the Freedom ties up.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be there next week and hubby wanted to do scooters. Was wondering if its worth it and how long does it take to get around the island? We will be there bright and early and out of there by noon so was wondering what should we zoom past? Not real big on touristy stuff just want to cruise and see stuff at our own pace. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

We will be there next week and hubby wanted to do scooters. Was wondering if its worth it and how long does it take to get around the island? We will be there bright and early and out of there by noon so was wondering what should we zoom past? Not real big on touristy stuff just want to cruise and see stuff at our own pace. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The island is approx 1.25 x 4 miles. You can zoom up Whitehead, one of the 1.25 legs, then kinda across the south side, South Street, Higgs Beach, and Smathers Beach out past the airport. The views along here a very nice, looking out to sea. But once you are past the airport and get around to approximately the Garrison Bight and are heading back into Old Town, the zooming is not very scenic and there is usually a lot of traffic in this area.

There must be 100's of scooters rented every day in Key West and I've only seen a few accidents, but IMO if you rent one to sight-see, you'll hit something or somethng will hit you.

hth

Pjk

• 3 months later...
The island is approx 1.25 x 4 miles. You can zoom up Whitehead, one of the 1.25 legs, then kinda across the south side, South Street, Higgs Beach, and Smathers Beach out past the airport. The views along here a very nice, looking out to sea. But once you are past the airport and get around to approximately the Garrison Bight and are heading back into Old Town, the zooming is not very scenic and there is usually a lot of traffic in this area.

There must be 100's of scooters rented every day in Key West and I've only seen a few accidents, but IMO if you rent one to sight-see, you'll hit something or somethng will hit you.

hth

Pjk

Hi Peter You seem very knowledgeable on Key West. I have a question. We will be there April 2011. I need to transport 50- 80 people from the port(?) to Smathers Beach for my sons Wedding. Any suggestions on how to do that?? Rent a bus? walk??

Thanks

Colleen

Hi Peter You seem very knowledgeable on Key West. I have a question. We will be there April 2011. I need to transport 50- 80 people from the port(?) to Smathers Beach for my sons Wedding. Any suggestions on how to do that?? Rent a bus? walk??

Thanks

Colleen

The neatest transport for a Key West wedding would be to charter one entire conch train assuming it would be OK either just for transport and back to Smathers - transport to a reception, after wdding tour or something additional ...

http://www.conchtourtrain.com/groups-charters-key-west.html

Smathers would be def too far to walk.

Pjk

The neatest transport for a Key West wedding would be to charter one entire conch train assuming it would be OK either just for transport and back to Smathers - transport to a reception, after wdding tour or something additional ...

http://www.conchtourtrain.com/groups-charters-key-west.html

Smathers would be def too far to walk.

Pjk

Thanks for the tip.

I have sent an email. I'll let you know how I make out.

Have you ever had anything to do with a company called "Weddings to Go" They are the wedding planners for us. I hope things go smoothly. I might have to ask more questions as the time draws near, would that be OK?

Thanks again

Colleen

There is a thread here about Weddings to Go with a good review and a bad one, but the thing to focus in on is that the W-to-go people responded...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k1202985-Weddings_To_Go_KW-Key_West_Florida_Keys_Florida.html

Pjk

Thanks for the link. I have looked at that before.

The Conch is looking Good. We are working out a price, Thanks.

Do you know is there a school bus company in Key West?

I'm unable to find one in my Google searches.

Thanks Again

Colleen

Archived