Happy (SAD) Hour specials

I don't know if this was asked before but whatever happened to those Happy Hour specials??? There were some great prices if you could go at the drop of a hat. I know we booked one last Jan. and the price was great. Does anyone know where they can be located and will they be back?? Thanks for your answers.

Yes... I agree I would like a link back again...

Now... when is somebody going to show up again and say that you can access the sales on RCI's website on Tuesday?

I don't want to access the website on Tuesday only... I want the link back!

Promowave is not the same as Happy Hour, or it did not used to be.

RCI - Please bring back our Happy Hour Link. It was a lot easier to read and understand than what we have to go through now to try and find it and read it. :o Please!

dachshunddoglover is correct. Promowave is not the same as the old Happy Hour specials. It apperas that Promowave is just a list of sailings that are being promoted through the travel agents as they are not selling as fast as anticipated. The old Happy Hours specials were generally the close-in last minute specials to close out the sailings where there was some excess capacity. In may cases, they were good to verry good deals.

Now you have to go to the "Deals" area on the web site and hunt through several sections to find the "specials". IMHO, the new system is not showing the last minute specials that used to be the Happy Hour deals.

Perhaps one or more of our TA friends on CC can shed some further light on the change from Happy Hour to Sales Event Specials.

Yep, Promowave is only for travel agents. The old Happy Hour Specials were for all of us. I noticed Celebrity Cruises brought the Happy Hour Specials back recently. Maybe there is hope after all.

I started getting this E-mail a couple weeks ago:

Dear ******,

New weekly Hot Deals are here! And check out our special limited-time Sales Events below, announced each week in this email! Deals this good won't last long, so call me at (800) 556-8212, ext. 30800 to take advantage of them today.

All the best,

Enid Hey

(800) 556-8212, ext. 30800

ehey@rccl.com

$199 3-night Baja Mexico cruise departing from Los Angeles

$199 4-night Bahamas cruise departing from Miami

$249 4-night Western Caribbean cruise departing from Miami

$649 7-night Alaska cruise departing from Seattle

$799 11-night Exotic Caribbean cruise departing from San Juan

Prices are good through this Tuesday.

$699 9-night Canada / NE cruise

departing from Baltimore

$239 4-night Bahamas cruise

departing from Miami

Call for More Limited Time Offers

This offer is valid for new bookings only and is not combinable with any other promotion. Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy, in U.S. or Canadian dollars. This offer is based on stateroom availability and may be withdrawn without notice. Governmental departure taxes and fees are additional. Certain restrictions may apply.

I was interested in an Alaska cruise last tuesday and I was quoted the exact same price as the Promowave. Anyone can access these prices since there are resident discounts listed, seniors discounts and seasonal discounts. The girl I spoke with actually read me the deals for that day but I had already viewed them on the web.

I agree that this wave thing has nothing that can't be found elsewhere, from what I can tell, and is just what is being promoted to agents. In fact, for my two sisters' birthdays, I am planning a short cruise. I found a cheaper 55+ rate on the vacations to go site.

Thanks for all your replies. Last Jan. on Happy Hour we found a 7 day cruise inside cabin on the Grandeur for $349pp our airfare was $140 pp !! Couldn't beat that deal. I'm searching for another "deal" but found zip. I was told that RCCL doesn't discount too many cruises. What price you see is what you get. Why?? Who knows.

Massfriends: I'm going to email the address on your post to ehey and see if I too can get those emails. I signed up but never received any.

Thanks again. Have a great day.

Happy hr Tuesdays are still there, but now they are called Sales Events and are only available to TA's on the Cruising Power TA site.

So I guess it is up to us to call our TA and ask for specials every Tuesday. My TA said that she hasn't received any Happy Hours for a long time. Maybe I should tell her to check that site:D I think it stinks, the site available to everyone should come back so we can check it for ourselves. Do you think maybe it will happen???

So I guess it is up to us to call our TA and ask for specials every Tuesday. My TA said that she hasn't received any Happy Hours for a long time. Maybe I should tell her to check that site:D I think it stinks, the site available to everyone should come back so we can check it for ourselves. Do you think maybe it will happen???

Don't have a link so I had to cut and paste, these are this weeks specials. So everyone call your TA tommorrow and book hope its readable

GREAT SELLING!

3 Night Bahamas Cruise

MAJESTY OF THE SEAS

Whether you're looking for exciting water sports or a relaxing day on the beach, you'll find it all in the Bahamas. Located just north of the islands in the Caribbean, these islands boast brilliant blue waters as well as magnificent landscapes and scenic views.

Sailing Date Deluxe Balcony Ocean View Interior 3/4 Rate Single

Supplement Combinable

w/Air?

US CAD US CAD US CAD US CAD US CAD

8/31/2007 $299 $319 $199 $219 $229 $249 200% N

Category N/A N/A G, H K

9/14/2007 $499 $529 $199 $219 $199 $219 200% N

Category JS N/A G, H N/A

9/28/2007 $499 $529 $199 $219 $199 $219 200% N

Category JS N/A G, H N/A

4 Night Bahamas Cruise

MAJESTY OF THE SEAS

Thanks to a dazzling, top to bottom renovation, our popular Majesty of the Seas is more majestic than ever. Bahamas bound guests will enjoy a newly remodeled pool deck, expanded Day Spa & Fitness Center, plus tastefully refurbished staterooms, featuring luxurious bedding and eye-popping flat-screen TVs and more. And of course, there's still the Bahamas powdery beaches and crystal clear water to look forward to.

Supplement Combinable

w/Air?

9/3/2007 $529 $559 $229 $249 $229 $249 200% N

Category JS N/A F1 N/A

9/10/2007 $209 $229 $189 $209 $189 $209 200% N

Category N/A N/A H K, L

9/17/2007 $219 $239 $179 $189 $179 $189 200% N

Category N/A N/A F1 K, L

9/24/2007 $209 $229 $179 $189 $179 $189 200% N

Category N/A N/A G, H K, L

14 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise

RADIANCE OF THE SEAS

Unspoiled and vast, Alaska offers countless miles of untouched splendor. Her larger-than-life scenery, from calving glaciers to daylight glistening off snow-capped peaks late into the night, is the perfect backdrop for an evening constitutional around the Promenade Deck following dining.

Supplement Combinable

w/Air?

9/14/2007 $949 $1,019 $599 $649 175% N

Category N/A N/A N/A L, M, N, Q

13 Night Italy and Croatia Cruise

LEGEND OF THE SEAS

Thousands of windows showcase the world's most memorable coastlines and ports. Whether you're cruising the Inside Passage or docked in Cozumel, you'll never lose sight of the reason you came aboard. Filled with an endless supply of entertainment and relaxation options, Legend of the Seas boasts 70,000 tons of fun and adventure for up to 2,076 guests. With 18-hole miniature golf, four whirlpools and a Solarium with a sliding roof, there's something for everyone onboard this cruise ship.

Supplement Combinable

w/Air?

9/29/2007 $1,199 $1,279 $899 $969 200% Y

Category N/A N/A N/A K, L, N

3 Night Bahamas Cruise

SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS

Discover the turquoise water and the glowing reds and yellows of tropical fish gliding by. The brilliant colors of the Bahamas are alive in the flora of Ardastra Gardens and Conservation Center and in Nassau's Straw Market wares. Now, close your eyes on the pristine beaches of Cococay, an island reserved for Royal Caribbean guests only.

Supplement Combinable

w/Air?

8/24/2007 $239 $259 $209 $229 $209 $229 200% N

Category N/A N/A F1 L, M

8/31/2007 $279 $299 $229 $249 $229 $249 200% N

Category N/A N/A G, H K

9/28/2007 $499 $529 $199 $219 $199 $219 200% N

Category JS N/A G, H N/A

4 Night Bahamas Cruise

SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS

After a complete refurbishment, Sovereign of the Seas is back in action, sailing to the Bahamas and offering the best in onboard entertainment and accommodations. Take advantage of the new ShipShape Fitness Center and full-service Sovereign Day Spa. Feel the Latin beat at Boleros, shoot some hoops or scale the rock-climbing wall. With new teen lounges, renovated staterooms, Seattle's Best Coffee®, Ben & Jerry's® ice cream and more, this remarkable ship is primed for your ultimate vacation adventure.

Supplement Combinable

w/Air?

9/3/2007 $549 $579 $199 $219 200% N

Category JS N/A N/A N/A

9/10/2007 $209 $229 $189 $209 $189 $209 200% N

Category N/A N/A G, H K

9/17/2007 $209 $229 $189 $209 $189 $209 200% N

Category N/A N/A H K, L

9/24/2007 $209 $229 $179 $189 $179 $189 200% N

Category N/A N/A G, H K

RCI trying to fix something that was not broken. RCI bring back our Happy Hour link!!! You are losing revenue because we can't find the freaking "specials" to book them.

In not so many words I feel the same way. There have been cruises that I have booked just because the price was right on a Happy Hour sale that I would not have booked otherwise. I usually browsed them on the weekend when I had more time and would put a post-it note on my monitor to remind me to call on Tuesday. As it is now, I forget to even look at the website. :(

Archived