What is the most romantic cruise

mountaingurl

We are talking about doing a kidless cruise for 12th anniverary next year if hubby can get throught this one coming up without dying from being sea sick. Sooooo..... what do you think would be the most romantic ship, etc,? We were just wondering if some who have been on several different iteneraries(sp) would respond. Thanks in advance.

We are talking about doing a kidless cruise for 12th anniverary next year if hubby can get throught this one coming up without dying from being sea sick. Sooooo..... what do you think would be the most romantic ship, etc,? We were just wondering if some who have been on several different iteneraries(sp) would respond. Thanks in advance.

Probably the Wind Star, its a Ship with Sails on it, probably 125 passengers and very romantic. They hit places cruise ship or other bigger ships can not go, like small beautiful exotic coves.

home_final.jpg

Fred

This is actually more of a general purpose cruise question, than a Carnival one. I think if you're beiing 100% honest, and really want the "most" romantic cruise, you'd be insane not to include all the other cruise lines. (Like the 14 day Southern Carribean itinerary on the Crown Princess)

However, if we're only talking Carnival, I'd have to vote for a the 12 Night Hawaii itinerary on the Spirit. What could possibly be better than that, especially if you wrap it with a couple days on land before & after.

I was kind of wanting to keep it carnival. Windstar sounds AMAZING, but realistically it is out of our budget. If we do one by ourselves we will still have to budget for a family trip too. (One day I would LOVE to do a windstar) The hawaii sounds wonderful if I could swing the airfare. It would be almost as much as the cruise.

I was kind of wanting to keep it carnival. Windstar sounds AMAZING, but realistically it is out of our budget. If we do one by ourselves we will still have to budget for a family trip too. (One day I would LOVE to do a windstar) The hawaii sounds wonderful if I could swing the airfare. It would be almost as much as the cruise.

Of the Caribbean itineraries (cheaper air fare), I'd still pick Southern. Plus a longer cruise (at least 7 days) and either a balcony or suite. Unfortunately, like everything else in life, "Most Romantic" and "Within a Budget" are usually contradictory in nature. Ultimately the real romance is going to come from each other anyway ;)

i would pick a cruise with more days at sea. there is something about the moon rising over the sea and hearing the boat crash against the waves. the sea air blowing through your hair.......:p this excerpt came from my wifes danielle steele novel.......

i would pick a cruise with more days at sea. there is something about the moon rising over the sea and hearing the boat crash against the waves. the sea air blowing through your hair.......:p this excerpt came from my wifes danielle steele novel.......

Cute! Yes, I was thinking a balcony would be great. I would be too afraid my 5 year old would jump over it, that's why we didn't do a suite on this upcoming cruise. I could just see hubby and I out there watching the sunset, that would be amazing, if he is not getting sea sick:rolleyes:

Any cruise without kids is romantic. Budget some money for champagne, they have a nice romance package available. Do not go during spring break, most of March, unless your idea of romance is a kegger.:p

... unless your idea of romance is a kegger.:p

I'd rather be at a keggers than Bulloch12's "Harlequin Romance Novel" cruise. Of course DW might disagree. (But hey, if she wanted that she should have married Fabio.)

Whatever the OP chooses, I hope she includes some cool guy stuff on the itinerary too. It can't *all* be staring longingly in each others eyes accross a candle lit table. lol.

... if hubby can get throught this one coming up

without dying from being sea sick.

That awful sea-sick feeling is often assoc. with hunger

but people don't realize it.

The trick is to keep that tummy full (Oooh.."problem"!!)

but even so, the chances of being seasick

on a vessel as large as a Carnival cruiser are remote,indeed.

Being that I too am not a good sailor(stomach-wise)

I took a small stash of Stugeron(Gravol-type med.)

and took just one, the night before St.Lucia

- and then was groggy the whole of the next morning.

Shouldn't have taken it,should I?

He won't be seasick.

Sometimes you feel 'the sidewalk move' under your feet like you've had a few beers,

but that's about it, believe me (I live in fear of being seasick,too).

At night, you're not even aware that you're on a ship, far less at sea.

You have to go up on deck to remind yourself that you're out on the ocean

- what a thrilling feeling!

And when the fresh air hits you, take a few deep lung-fulls

He'll be fine.

Take a few bottles of Canada Dry Ginger Ale on board with you

-helps settle the stomach nicely.

Probably the Wind Star, its a Ship with Sails on it, probably 125 passengers and very romantic. They hit places cruise ship or other bigger ships can not go, like small beautiful exotic coves.

home_final.jpg

Fred

Reminds me of the Fantome.

Greece to Italy. Anything that includes Santorini and ends in Venice. Then, just stay in Venice at the Danieli Hotel for a few days.

Isn't Santorini where the Sea Diamond sunk?

However, if we're only talking Carnival, I'd have to vote for a the 12 Night Hawaii itinerary on the Spirit. What could possibly be better than that, especially if you wrap it with a couple days on land before & after.

One of Carnivals' Mediterranean cruises could possibly be more romantic than that (and yes, definitely one should take at least a couple of days at one end of the cruise or the other for a little time in Rome).

Cute! Yes, I was thinking a balcony would be great. I would be too afraid my 5 year old would jump over it, that's why we didn't do a suite on this upcoming cruise. I could just see hubby and I out there watching the sunset, that would be amazing, if he is not getting sea sick:rolleyes:

Has your husband tried taking Ginger Root Capsules? They are all natural and don't have the side effects that Dramamine and Bonine do. Fairly cheap and found at most all stores like drug stores, Wal-Mart, etc.

Also , the balcony where he can get some fresh air might help with the seasickness. Any cruise is always what you make of it so any cruise can be romantic if you put an effort into it. Moonlight walks up on deck later at night, watching the sunset together with champagne and strawberries are just some of the many things you can do. A meal in one of the supper clubs is also very romantic.

That awful sea-sick feeling is often assoc. with hunger

but people don't realize it.

The trick is to keep that tummy full (Oooh.."problem"!!)

but even so, the chances of being seasick

on a vessel as large as a Carnival cruiser are remote,indeed.

Being that I too am not a good sailor(stomach-wise)

I took a small stash of Stugeron(Gravol-type med.)

and took just one, the night before St.Lucia

- and then was groggy the whole of the next morning.

Shouldn't have taken it,should I?

He won't be seasick.

Sometimes you feel 'the sidewalk move' under your feet like you've had a few beers,

but that's about it, believe me (I live in fear of being seasick,too).

At night, you're not even aware that you're on a ship, far less at sea.

You have to go up on deck to remind yourself that you're out on the ocean

- what a thrilling feeling!

And when the fresh air hits you, take a few deep lung-fulls

He'll be fine.

Take a few bottles of Canada Dry Ginger Ale on board with you

-helps settle the stomach nicely.

Seasickness has NOTHING to do with an empty stomache. Read for more info:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasickness

I think a cruise without the kids, warm water and beautiful beaches is very romantic. Our Triumph cruise, Eastern itin, with 4 days at sea was just fabulous and very, very romantic. Romance is what you make of it, in my opinion.

Wow, everyone has some amazing ideas. I will definitely try the ginger. He was very sick our last cruise. I have pics of him looking postively green. He has a very weak stomach, mine is iron clad thank goodness. He's willing to try it again (how sweet of him). Thanks to EVERYOVE for all of the ideas. I will definitely look into them. I never even thought of Tahiti, sounds like it would be lovely so would an eastern, so many different choices:). He keeps talking about Alaska. I'd rather stay home to be honest. I hate cold weather. We kind of seems stuck on carnival because we are fairly casual people, though we do enjoy dressing up occassionaly. Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions. I really appreciate hearing other's ideal cruises. I would have never thought of several of them.

Archived