Just came off the Liberty of the Seas 7/28

If you have plans on this ship-you'll love her! I've been on several of the Voyager classes and this has a similar plan. We did the Meet and Mingle on day 2 it was at 10:15 and loved meeting our roll call friends that we've been chatting with. It was great to run into them t/o the cruise.

Diamond Lounge-It is on deck 14 behind "Olive or Twist" They put us up there and the suits in the CL on deck 10- we did have a beautiful view with lots of windows- the adult bar and appetizers from 5-8:30 were great-Ricardo was very nice and got us our ice tickets. We went up there each night prior to dinner and had wine (beer, mixed drinks-no frozen) and some hot and cold treats. If you want to early depart-he gives you the luggage tags and also will make Chops and Portofino reservations, but he didn't have much left, so do this on your own as soon as you get on the ship- they are on deck 11 by the Windjammer.

The Prominade- it is breathtaking! I felt like I was outdoors and they have some type of theme each day there and a little show. One day it was a pirate theme. There is a barber shop, Ben & Jerry's, Serrentos Pizza-great pizza (free) and they also have a pizza of the day.

Cafe Prominade-just down the way has delicious croissant and other small sandwiches and wonderful cakes and pastries. It looks more like a Starbucks ambience.

The pool deck- H2O zone is a mini water park for the kids and kids at heart with buckets and sprinklers. The Solorium is lovely, but no cover, however, the chair pads are soft and inviting. The main pool/sports pool is the same, very nice. The flowrider-my teen boys loved it! You have to sign-up each day by mom or dad and they give the kids a wrist band. The times are posted of either boogy board (they have a divider so 2 can go from the 2 formed lines and they open it up for stand-up surfing. Ladies-make sure you wear a shirt, we had some oops on the cruise.

Chair hogs were out and somewhat hard to find a chaise on sea days-but on port days, I stayed on the ship and loved it!

Ports-Puerto Rico- got there at 3pm- I stayed and enjoyed the ship.

St. Maartin-Took a water taxi ($5.00/all day) to The Greenhouse for lunch-it was fun to walk around and see some sights.

Many went to Orient Beach which is an optional nude beach and had fun.

Labadee- We didn't get off the ship, but if you want to ride the Zip- reserve fast- Everyone loved the Zip.

Noro- didn't hear of anyone, but day 3 they started handing out the sani-wipes like crazy. Wash your hands well and I brought a can of lysol and chlorox wipes and cleaned the entire cabin prior to unpacking.

Luggage-bring on a swimsuit and a casual outfit-We didn't get our bags until 6-8 (some at 6 and some by 8)-it's a big ship and it takes sometimes longer.

Dining- food was average-we went to Chops and Portofino-($20.00 per person )Chops was great, but my steak was overcooked and had to turn it back 3 times. Loved the seafood bisque, smoked salmon and potato cake,crabcake was good too)

Did try the lamb loin the first time there and loved it- should of stuck with it again. Portofino is great- loved the bread and all the spreads, the calamari was a little tough, ceasar salad was good, had the skewers of seafood (lobster, scallops,salmon) but, save room for the desserts! They are beautiful and lucious-especially the tiramouse (sp?).

Entertainment- Get ice tickets as soon as they're given out (day 2- check your compass for times) and get there early- doors open 30 min. prior and there already was a mass of people out by "On Air" waiting to get in. The show was great. Better than in the past

The Quest- was on day 6 and you also need to get there early-it is a fun scavenger like hunt.

The shows-pretty good: Jay Johnson was great with his "dummy Bob" he use to be on the show Soap- We had 2 commedians- James Burns (not too funny) and the Friday night one was great (can't recall his name) also, do go to the fairwell show. There also was a show called "In the Air" and it was like a Circ show with all kinds of neat things.

James Andrews was our cruise director and he was great and full of energy!

Final comments: We loved this ship, there are lots to do-run and make your Chops and Portofino reservations if you want to try them. We did best with a 6:00 on Tues,Weds, Friday (you do have 24 hours to cancel)

You can look on Cruisedailies and see the compass posted for both eastern and western- Chops and Portofino are also listed in the threads-

Can I answer any questions???

Thanks for posting..sounds like you had a great time.

I can't believe you had to send your steak back three times!!! Yikes, that doesn't sound too good to me. I've heard such great things aobut Chops. We're still on the fence about going there, now we'll really be on the fence about it.

I don't think I have any questions for you..but thanks for posting!

Thanks for the review. Our kids (14 and 16) have never done a Voyager class so we will try Navigator over Thanksgiving. We are trying the Liberty over spring break so DS (14) can experience the flowrider :) Personally, these ships are too big for me when it is just DH & me as we prefer the Radiance class. The kids really want to try the bigger ships!

cruisinmom1

Thanks for the great review, we will be on the Liberty in October.

Do you know if they have the airline service where you pay extra and you get your bags checked and your boarding passes before you get off of the ship? if so is it only if you fly out of Miami?

We did this last year on the Radiance out of FLL and it was so nice not having to deal with our bags.

Thanks

Thanks for the review. We did the pre-inaugural on Liberty in May and have a cruise booked for next April and cannot wait. We thought she was a gorgeous ship, so glad you had a good time.

You say we can get our luggage tags right in the DL? That would be fantastic as we want to get off early and head to the airport for our flight to the Dominican Republic for the 2nd half of our vacation.

Do you happen to know what time the gym opened? I am pretty sure it is 6:30 am, but wanted to see if you used it and knew for sure. I used it on the Pre-Inaugural and it was fantastic!

Great review. We are going on the Liberty next June(28th). It seems like a million years away!!!! I first have to plan and get thru my daughter's wedding in May! We are doing the Western. Just did the Eastern 2 years in a row and the Western twice before that! The ship is more important to me than the itinerary. I've only been on Voyager class so will this be much different??? Is the Promenade much longer?? Does everything look similar...dining rooms, theaters, pool area, etc. to voyager class?? What might really WOW me??

The Prominade-

Cafe Prominade-just down the way has delicious croissant and other small sandwiches and wonderful cakes and pastries. It looks more like a Starbucks ambience.

Question about the Promenade, this is our first time on a ship with one. Is the food at the Cafe included or extra?

cruisinmom1

Thanks for the great review, we will be on the Liberty in October.

Do you know if they have the airline service where you pay extra and you get your bags checked and your boarding passes before you get off of the ship? if so is it only if you fly out of Miami?

We did this last year on the Radiance out of FLL and it was so nice not having to deal with our bags.

Thanks

RCL has you put your luggage out by 11pm (keep something to walk off with) and you can get them at the pier of Miami- then you can get a porter and they will put them on a bus to the airport (if you go with RCL transfer from pier to airport)

You can print your boarding passes at RCL Online for 50 cents /minute at their internet cafe (called RCL online)

Thanks for the review. We did the pre-inaugural on Liberty in May and have a cruise booked for next April and cannot wait. We thought she was a gorgeous ship, so glad you had a good time.

You say we can get our luggage tags right in the DL? That would be fantastic as we want to get off early and head to the airport for our flight to the Dominican Republic for the 2nd half of our vacation.

Do you happen to know what time the gym opened? I am pretty sure it is 6:30 am, but wanted to see if you used it and knew for sure. I used it on the Pre-Inaugural and it was fantastic!

Look on Cruisedailies -someone has posted the Compass for both Eastern and Western.

Great review. We are going on the Liberty next June(28th). It seems like a million years away!!!! I first have to plan and get thru my daughter's wedding in May! We are doing the Western. Just did the Eastern 2 years in a row and the Western twice before that! The ship is more important to me than the itinerary. I've only been on Voyager class so will this be much different??? Is the Promenade much longer?? Does everything look similar...dining rooms, theaters, pool area, etc. to voyager class?? What might really WOW me??

The Prominade is prettier and love the cafe' (looks more like a Starbuck layout) and the pizza (Serrento's) is on the Prominade too. The H20 zone is neat for kids and kids at heart. Also, the Flowrider is cool too!

Hi...

Thanks so much for your review & info!

We are going on the Freedom, 9/23 or second cruise!

We are wondering:

1. If the menu at chops & Portofino's is the same every day of the cruise?

2. Can you make reservations at Chops/Ports as soon as you board?

3. Sorrento's pizza...can you get a whole pizza or do they only give out slices? Will they make a fresh pizza to order?

4. Was there any food service, ice cream etc...near the pools?

5. Was wondering what you thought about the quality of food in the Windjammer and Jade?

6. Was lobster only served on one formal night?

Hi...

Thanks so much for your review & info!

We are going on the Freedom, 9/23 or second cruise!

We are wondering:

1. If the menu at chops & Portofino's is the same every day of the cruise?

2. Can you make reservations at Chops/Ports as soon as you board?

3. Sorrento's pizza...can you get a whole pizza or do they only give out slices? Will they make a fresh pizza to order?

4. Was there any food service, ice cream etc...near the pools?

5. Was wondering what you thought about the quality of food in the Windjammer and Jade?

6. Was lobster only served on one formal night?

Yes, same each day at Chops and Portofino-make reservations as soon as you get on the ship. Deck 11 by Windjammer

Sorrentos- The slices are huge, not sure if they will make a whole pie, but I'm sure they would special order if it is not peak time there. They are very nice!

Ice cream- only by the main pool called Sprinkles- soft serve. They let us do our own until Weds. then they served to us. Ben & Jerry's in the Prominade same as land prices.

Windjammer is near the pool and you can bring food out to your chaise if you want to.

Windjammer- about the same as the dining room. Fair quality! Jade's food is fair also.

Lobster- Tail is Thurs. night served with shrimp- ask for 2 if you are a lobster lover. Formal nights are Sunday and Weds.

I made Chops and Portofino- Tues, Weds, Friday

Monday night is surf and turf, which is pretty good in the dining room.

Fridays meal is the worst-turkey and dressing!

The Prominade is prettier and love the cafe' (looks more like a Starbuck layout) and the pizza (Serrento's) is on the Prominade too. The H20 zone is neat for kids and kids at heart. Also, the Flowrider is cool too!

THANKS!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!Does the cafe have pizza, too or just Serrentos?? Not that it matters too much....I'll eat any pizza!

Archived