Voyager crossing in Nov

med4bike

We are contemplating the Voyager crossing in November from Monte Carlo to Ft. Lauderdale.

We have done this crossing before a number of years ago but not from Monte Carlo and not on the Voyager ( the Mariner if I remember correctly)

I have a number of questions:

1. we fly into Nice. How far is it and how much would it cost for a cab from Nice to Monte Carlo?

2. we would probably go for an E or F cabin. On the Voyager should we stay away from the "aft" cabins?

3. does this cruise have a "theme" of any kind?

4. does anyone know who the cruise director will be? we have cruised with Jaime a number of times and he is the "best".

Any other info on the Voyager would be helpful

Thanks,

Maurice

We'll be on that trip. Our fifth cruise on Voyager, eighth on Regent. Our last Voyager trip was Monte Carlo to Dover. Then we stayed in Monte Carlo at a "less expensive" property. Never again. This time we stay in Nice--more options at a better price but by no means cheap. I think the short trip from Nice to Monte Carlo is about $120 American.

Get the least expensive standard cabin on Voyager available. All standard cabins are the same. There is a real vibration issue on Voyager far aft, particularly on the port side. It bothers some folks. Others don't mind. We were in 877 on the aft starboard side for eleven days. The vibration didn't bother us at all.

It is our understanding this crossing is waitlisted. If so, get on that list ASAP.

Nice to Monte Carlo is about 30 minutes by car - but taxis are expensive!

You can take an airport bus, leaves every hour from Terminal 1 at Nice airport and takes 45minutes. Can can check prices etc on the Rapides Côte d'Azur website.

We sailed on this crossing last year. I would avoid stern cabins on the Voyager. The laundry was aft and each time I went there I felt vibrations. the Voyager "normal" cabins are quite large and all have showers and baths. Very nice! there was no theme per se, but we joined a Circle of Interest on History and Archeology led by Sandra Bowern on the cruise to Funchal. It was excellent, very much doe to Sandra's charisma and leadership. On the crossing I did the Cordon Bleu workshop. If you haven't done this it is very good. If you have - as I had - it seems to be repetitive.

Our Cruise Director was Bryan Townsend, from Amarillo TX. the best I have ever encountered. The crossing was lots of fun! Have a wonderful time.

Med4bike - if you are talking this year, the MC - Funchal portion, according to the travel agent booking site, has only C available (thats the ones in the back where the vibration issue has been discussed many times), or D and E on a guarantee (downside is that you could be "upgraded" to a C). The Transatlantic portion is at the moment showing three F's, several D's, C's and one B.

Its right at final payment time, so if you are interested, would agree to get on a waitlist ASAP. Availability changes daily.

They are doing a thing called "The Regent Festival" which focuses on health & fitness, wine and food and a big band dance band. Also they are offering the Cordon Bleu cooking classes in addition on the Transatlantic portion.

According to RSSC cruise director information is not yet available.

We are on the full "Grand Crossing". Good luck - hope it works out.

Good day to all...

I have done the crossing every year since the Voyager maiden season. Will start again in Rome (as we did last year). We always get the same cabin every year as well, forward of the atrium lifts.

Think the world of Elda (asst cruise director). Would love to see Brian back as well. Have missed seeing Barry on-board. Glad Glenn Younger is no more.

A private car and driver from Nice to Monte Carlo is about the same price as a taxi. Have done this several times. Also, have used the helicopter service. While pricey in comparison, the views can not be beat. The only problem is you are limited on baggage that can be carried in the helicopter. We usually have are "ship-board" clothing sent ahead of time, so this is no problem.

Good luck to you!

Archived