~!~!~Possible CC Group Cruise to Hawaii-FEB 14th 2009 POAM INTERESTED?!?

ROPD184

Cassrebecca----WELCOME aboard here...Im thrilled that you talked to your hubby and wants to do this cruise.....this is an AWESOME group of people....and I know you will have an awesome time....I fyou didnt know, the Cupid's is a cruise critic group and are going on our first cruise in Feb 08 on the Carnival Conquest.....well..we all are having such an awesome time..we wanted to go ahead and do a second Cupid's Cruise..which is this one right here that we are trying to plan....right now I am waiting on Laura (Crusie Critic Community Manager) to get back with me. She is getting our prices and perks for booking this cruise as a group. One of the many reason's its better to book through a group is that you get a better rate, along with some pretty awesome perks..like some free On Board Credit and stuff like that...Honestly..i dont know what the perks will be for this cruise. I have been told that there really hasnt been a NCL cruise critic group cruise. So this is a first for that as well...Right now im putting everyone's name down on the list...keep on checking back on here...and as SOON as I get the pricing and perks from laura..Ill let you know......im glad that your with us!!!

OH YEAH..intro real quick..we are James and Jennifer...Im 26 years old and a police officer in the Ft Worth area....we live South of Ft Worth about 30 minutes..live on just over an acre of land...have a boat, a motorcycle, and GREAT FRIENDS LIKE YOU!!!

1. Ropd184
  2. Cruisin Dave
  3. Roudy1
  4. Soazlaney
  5. Host Cecilia (YOU KNOW you wanna hehe)
  6. 1Tuckersmom
  7. Cameron Lake
  8. AKB10
  9. Shermar96
  10. Ed_k_tx
  11. DALSAL
  12. Iheartmickey
  13. halos
  14. Enchantress13
  15. OhioNCLCruiser --(Will be working on the ship, VERY NICE)
  16. Pieshops
  17. Roxanna ?
  18. gma5
  19. KCFan
  20. Avril
  21. Mizz_Colleenb
  22. Gone Cruising
  23. CassRebecca

P.S. I like "Cupids Get Lei'd on POAM"

I like this name as well and I KNOW dh will too. :D Char

ALRIGHT...here's the deal..ill ask Laura..and if she says its ok...then We will be Cupid's get Lei'd!!!!!! HAHAHA

Just Talked to my husband we're in. Just tell me what I need to do!!!:D

Hi Cassrebecca....WELCOME aboard you are gonna love this group. Just stay tuned to the site and James will keep us updated. I believe he is waiting for final info from Laura...but we should be hearing soon. Char

Hi everyone!!

My Name is Becky and my husband's name is Mike we are 41 and live in Vineyard Haven, on the island of Martha's Vineyard Massachusetts.

We have 6 daughter ages from 22 down to 15!! I work for the Board of Health and my husband is in Excavation and port-a-potties (believe it or not there is lots of money in ****!) ha-ha!! I am also the high school varsity cheerleading coach.

We have decided since we are so busy and some days barely get to see each other that we are going to take a cruise a year to reconnect and this one seems perfect!!

I am happy to meet you all.......from reading your threads I can tell you are one hell of a group!! I look at cc everyday so I will be watching!!!!:)

I like this name as well and I KNOW dh will too. :D Char

I'm thrilled to see that I'm not the only pervert around here!!

This is going to be a fun group :D I look forward to meeting you all.

Talked to DH over the weekend and he is onboard so as soon as we get pricing, I amy start recruiting some friends to join us as well. :D

Hi everyone!!

My Name is Becky and my husband's name is Mike we are 41 and live in Vineyard Haven, on the island of Martha's Vineyard Massachusetts.

We have 6 daughter ages from 22 down to 15!! I

God Bless you!!!!!! :D

My name is Angel (hence, Halos ;)) and my DH is Bill. We are 45 and 46...have 2 girls (ages 22 and 19) and LOVE to cruise. We live in Maine, so going to Hawaii in Feb is going to be awesome. Neither of us have been before.

Hey there Becky...its very nice to meet you...sounds liike you probably stay pretty busy during the day huh? I work evenings and Jenn works days so it leaves me at the house to piddle around on here until time to go to work. Im excited that you will be with us on here...there are so many cool folks..and it just keeps getting better!

HEY Halos whats up??? Thats awesome that your coming too...I am very anxious to get all the info so we can start booking and all that fun stuff...I know when we started planning for the first Cupid's I think it was November of 2006....so thats like 15 months from start to cruise.....this is more like 18 months....so LOTS of meeting people, lots of getting to know eachother and fun stff like that.....

I did just put an email to Laura to see if she had gotten th pricing and info yet...just wating back from her!

This is interesting... I know DH is getting tired of the Caribbean (I'm not!) and we've never cruised on NCL. We are all interested in Hawaii, and I definitely want to try a CC member cruise!

The week you chose is Presidents Week, which is when we always cruise. Are there kids on this cruiseline? I guess probably on a holiday week. My kids will be 16 and 13 in Feb 09.

Posting here so I can keep track of what you are organizing. Could be a possibility.....

Sure thing becky!! AWESOME!!!! is she going to be traveling with anyone in her own room? or will she be rooming with you guys??? lemme know!!!

1. Ropd184
  2. Cruisin Dave
  3. Roudy1
  4. Soazlaney
  6. 1Tuckersmom
  7. Cameron Lake
  8. AKB10
  9. Shermar96
  10. Ed_k_tx
  11. DALSAL
  12. Iheartmickey
  13. halos
  14. Enchantress13
  16. Pieshops
  17. Roxanna ?
  18. gma5
  19. KCFan
  20. Avril
  21. Mizz_Colleenb
  22. Gone Cruising
  23. CassRebecca (Becky and Mike)
  24. Barbara (Becky's Mother)

Tennislover..sounds like a match made in heaven to me..this is the cruise for you guys!! HAHAHA...Ive never traveled Hawaii..and never traveled on NCL either....I hear that this is the only way to see Hawaii....Hopefully it will all work out for you..I am not sure if there are any kids or not..i dont think there are kids from the people that are on our current Cupid's Conquest.....but by the way things are looking..I am sure we will get a lot of people with kiddos...ESPECIALLY teens....this cruise is getting a lot of attention and interest....Im glad your interested...and as soon as I get the scoop..ill let everyone know!!!

1. Ropd184
  2. Cruisin Dave
  3. Roudy1
  4. Soazlaney
  6. 1Tuckersmom
  7. Cameron Lake
  8. AKB10
  9. Shermar96
  10. Ed_k_tx
  11. DALSAL
  12. Iheartmickey
  13. halos
  14. Enchantress13
  16. Pieshops
  17. Roxanna ?
  18. gma5
  19. KCFan
  20. Avril
  21. Mizz_Colleenb
  22. Gone Cruising
  23. CassRebecca (Becky and Mike)
  24. Barbara (Becky's Mother)
  25. Tennislover

25 people.....this is amazing!

Not sure if you should put me on the list yet! You are very optimistic!

I hope airfare for four doesn't make this trip impossible (NYC-Honolulu). Hope you get great cruise fares to offset this....

My DH will absolutely flip if I start talking to him about vacation in 2009! I want to monitor this cruise.... and will keep my fingers crossed.

BTW (not to jump the gun), but we always get 2 cabins for our family.

James,

I'm sitting here on the edge of my chair awaiting the response from Host Laura. Hope it comes real soon. The list is getting long, I'm going to need a score card to keep track of everyone and where they originate. Stay cool tonight. We are expected to reach 100 this week.

Dave

I know what you mean dave.....its gettin real busy in here isnt it??? LOL I cut my back yqard today and it was QUITE HOT outside!! HAHAHA

Tennis..no problem...as of now all the list is are people who are INTERESTED in going.....no commitments or anything like that....just to help me keep track of who have said wanted to go.....I too am VERY excited to get the prices!!!

James -- just had time to read through this thread (I was working - lol- when I was posting earlier).. we met a group of NYC firefighters on Valor 05. What a blast we had with them in the piano bar! With you as the leader, I'm guessing we'll have a wild time, right?

As far as the name, I like Cupids Get Lei'd on POAM! (forget the apostrophe on Cupids -- I'm a writer, can't help but put in my two cents on this one!).

Will keep watching this thread for rates... I will need to book something great in Feb 09 for my DH (so that I can go on the girls' getaways that I want to do that winter!).

Hi E1 ! Hawaii is great and this is the only way to go!! We will have plenty of time to find out who we are and where we are all from! I cant wait to go in Feb,as I just got back in July,so will get to see some HUGE waves and whales! :) Dot

Yes I know the waiting is the worst part huh?? lol....I know Kathy can remember while we waited for the cupid's conquest quotes....when I finally received the email....i opened it up sloooowly...sloooowly scanned down..LOL....it was like I was waiting on my acceptence letter to yale....LOL....

• Administrators
Yes I know the waiting is the worst part huh?? lol....

Especially if you are waiting to get "lei'd!" :) Just wanted to stick my nose in and say I WISH I could join you all on this fabulous adventure -- I'm jealous! But I'm a teacher... February during a school year doesn't work for me. I wish it did, I'd do this in a heartbeat! I wish you all the best, and would add, please remember that a cruise in Hawaii is all about the islands. If you are used to Carnival's 24-hour GO GO GO (and I've sailed Carnival in the past, and with some effort remember that Nassau was one stop, but I couldn't tell you the others for the life of me!), NCLA might not be what you are used to -- but experiencing new things is part of life, no? :) Many aloha wishes to you all, and mahalo to James for getting this going -- you will have an amazing time and I can't wait (even this far in advance) to read all about it!

Michell,

Thanks for the well wishes and I'm sorry you will be enabling the children of today. Wish you could join our group. We may be planning an Alaska cruise for 2010. That will definitely be in the summer months. keep checking back for future announcements.

Dave

Archived