I'm Back - Russian River Cruise on Tolstoy

2travelers

Theresa - Did you ever post your review?

No - it is half done (13 pages!). It will have to wait until Labor day. I have sent it to those who requested it and who are going on the cruise soon. I also have 12 photo albums done and am working on the last ones (Moscow and part of St. Petersburg). Summer is my busiest time at work and things have been crazy.

So, hopefully when there is a 3 day weekend I can finish both.

Ronnie, thanks. I'm going to call Amadeus and tell them that Tolstoy makes it essentially impossible to pay by Credit card.

How about the picture ID's for credit card use? Driver's licenses, I suppose.

Evie

Evie: We were never asked for a photo ID for credit cards. I think we had our driver's licenses with us also. Just don't lose your passport. The ship collected passports at the beginning of the trip and we had to sign for them at the end of the trip to get them back. One poor woman couldn't find her passport in Frankfort. She searched everything. They put her up for the night and sent her back home. They would not let her board the plane for St. Petersburg, and she had copies of everything. Keep copies of your itienerary in each piece of luggage, along with copies of your passport. I think she must have put that passport somewhere in her bags, or left it at the airport when she boarded in Louisiana - it was a horrible experience. So, keep a tight rein on your passport.

You will have a great time. So glad to hear the weather warmed up in Moscow. Just relax and enjoy. I am still looking at the photos we took...just unbelieveable. Wait until you see St. Basil's Cathedral.

Ronnie

Ronnie, What a terrible story. We do have copies of passports, visas, plane tickets, drivers licenses. Right now we're going through papers, pills, items and trying to organize everything. We will be careful with passports. Thanks. 4 days till take-off.

Evie

Archived