*ROLL CALL* NCL Gem transatlantic 3DEC Barcelona-Boston

andieberl

I can not suggest a hotel in Barcelona-however make sure you visit the Champagneria on Calle Reina Cristina close to the harbor, Placa d´Antonio Lopez-Great Cava Bar with lots of local specialities... not a 5*place-cheap and messy but very original!

I am still waiting for some friends to join in-so far I havent made reservations for the cruise...

You are welcome.... the Champagneria is kind of hard to find as it kind of hidden in a car garage... but I am sure you'll enjoy it.

I have an option now on the Gem-until next Thursday-still waiting for a friend to join in. But I will go for sure-I just need a transatlantic vacation ;-)

I have booked the cruise-and a friend of mine will join in aswell. So we will be among the first transatlantic passengers on this new ship! Fantastic! And really: I am very much looking forward to all those sea days with lots of time to relax!

I just booked a Penthouse (AD) and one for my mom! I have called the ship and made sure we get the usual "Royal Treatment"! I know most of the crew and it is just phantastic! The ship is going to be a real Gem!

I try to get some of my friends from here (NC) to go as well, since it is really inexpensive.

Now I have to call Lufthansa and see, what air we can do!

Seriously considering booking this cruise. The price is just too good to pass up!

John...did you book already? Do you have a clue how to get over to Europe? I looked up airafres, but nothing is really appealing (Business Class). I found a fare of USD 599, one way C-Class on MaxJet to London and then onwards to BCN.

Maybe we can fly together...since my options are through Atlanta or Charlotte!

Actually now I have talked two of my friends into booking aswell. Especially since the price also on the single cabins is a bargain! However the same problem as you guys-one way airfare is not really cheap. Keep on looking-if you consider going via Munich-there is condor.de for affordable one way flights MUC-BCN.

Anyone else going to stay a few nights in Barcelone before the cruise?

Actually now I have talked two of my friends into booking aswell. Especially since the price also on the single cabins is a bargain! However the same problem as you guys-one way airfare is not really cheap. Keep on looking-if you consider going via Munich-there is condor.de for affordable one way flights MUC-BCN.

Anyone else going to stay a few nights in Barcelone before the cruise?

I know there is Condor...with them we will have a luggage problem...just 20kg per Person...LOL!!!

I may fly US or LH to Munich to pick up my mom...then with Condor to BCN!

I will not stay in BCN...since we have kind of a late departure...it is just 1:50h flight to BCN from MUC...so shouldn't be a problem and I want to splurge myself to Gluehwein as much as possible in Germany...he he he!

Right here... ;-)

there is the Christkindl Market right at the airport with nice Gluehwein...;-)

so you are going to stay in Munich?? Good to know... ;-) Thats where I live.....

I might go to BCN on Saturday 1st Dec depending on hotel availability.... Take care!

Right here... ;-)

there is the Christkindl Market right at the airport with nice Gluehwein...;-)

so you are going to stay in Munich?? Good to know... ;-) Thats where I live.....

I might go to BCN on Saturday 1st Dec depending on hotel availability.... Take care!

My family lives in Augsburg! It's my moms B-day on 1st of December, so we have to stay home!

So you will be quite busy with visiting family-but Augsburg probably has some nice Christkindl Markets aswell. I hope the weather is going to be ok for the crossing. Any idea if the library will be fully stocked on this cruise already? As it is the first transatlantic crossig I am wondering if....

Take care and have a good weekend!

So you will be quite busy with visiting family-but Augsburg probably has some nice Christkindl Markets aswell. I hope the weather is going to be ok for the crossing. Any idea if the library will be fully stocked on this cruise already? As it is the first transatlantic crossig I am wondering if....

Take care and have a good weekend!

Andie,

All will be stocked and everything will be available! The Gem has regular cruises since begin of October, so the team and everything will be up to a top noch standart! The weather...hmmmm...we can just hope for the best, but I have done 2 crossings in December over the Southern route (like we do) and it was so nice that people went swimming and tanning outside.

Wish you a great weekend, too!

Marcus

Hi-

I am from Boston and will be traveling on the GEM in December. We plan to spend 2 nights prior in Barcelona. As soon as I find out the hotel I will inform the tread- hopefully, those that are from that side of the Atlantic will inform me of the details. If you know of great places to see- please include since we have 2 days of sight seeing and have never been to Spain.

I am not worrying about the cruise itself- I know it will be fun. I do get nervous with all the discussion on weather, ect. Should I really be worried I have until 9/12 to cancel.?

For those looking for airfare - If you have not booked I got a terrific deal from Crucon.com- it included airfare. I have a balcony for $100 less than what you have been quoting in the tread for airfare alone. At this site I have a balcony w/airfare $699 (inside is $699), 2 night pre-stay $200, total apprx: $1,100.

I look forward to more conversation on the thread.

Take Care

I will be arriving in Barcelona 12/01/2007, staying at the Renaissance Hotel near the airport, no Marriott properties downtown. Renaissance offers a free shuttle, may keep looking for another hotel in town. Still traveling solo. Glad to see several others going.

Archived