*ROLL CALL* NCL Gem transatlantic 3DEC Barcelona-Boston

andieberl

Anybody know if the steam room on the GEM is open to all guests or do you have to pay extra?

bj1953us@yahoo.com

It is 20$ for a day pass, but well worth the money! They will also have a cruise pass for like maybe $ 100 for the whole cruise, per person!

The facilities are maybe the nicest you can find on a ship! I will by my cruise pass as soon as I get on the ship...they have limited availibility!

Hello All, I just wanted to say hello. My name is Keith and I will be on this cruise as well. I will be traveling with a friend of mine from work. We are both gay but we are not a couple. I look forward to meeting new friends and from the looks of it a great new ship as well!

Hello All, I just wanted to say hello. My name is Keith and I will be on this cruise as well. I will be traveling with a friend of mine from work. We are both gay but we are not a couple. I look forward to meeting new friends and from the looks of it a great new ship as well!

Welcome on board! It's going to be a graet cruise!

Welcome on board! It's going to be a graet cruise!

Thanks for the welcome Cruiser Jock as well as the photo link. I am a huge ship buff and I enjoy everything about them. I plan to take a lot of photos of the ship myself.

Is there going to me a formal/informal FOD gathering that you know of?

Hello..I am traveling on the Gem December 3rd. Can we pick a lounge onboard, a date and time so we can all meet together. It sounds like there are a few of us. Any ideas of Gem lounge, date and time? please post so we can all meet. Looking forward to meeting each of you. Mark W.

Hello..I am traveling on the Gem December 3rd. Can we pick a lounge onboard, a date and time so we can all meet together. It sounds like there are a few of us. Any ideas of Gem lounge, date and time? please post so we can all meet. Looking forward to meeting each of you. Mark W.

Hey Mark...Welcome aboard! LOL...it looks like soon we will be taken the ship over! In May I cruised the Pearl and it was as well a high population of "Family" members and each night Bliss was a Gay Club...so much fun!

We all meet at 7pm for sail away Martinis at the Star Bar on December 3rd (Barcelona)! It will be dark anyhow...so not much too miss by being not outside. The Gem will have everyday it's FOD's, posted in the "Freestyle Daily".

Hi---just booked on this transatlantic. I do the JEWEL OF THE SEA'S transatlantic on Oct. 30th from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale. I'm traveling single on both crossings. This will be my first on NCL since they have gone to Free-Style. Figure I would try it ;) !! Always liked travel on the NORWAY. I was on her "final" transatlantic during 9/11/01!

Tim

Thanks King for the welcome!! Now I will have to make sure I read all of the thread. There is a small thread on JOTS(Oct. 30th.)...which seems pretty dead--even though I periodically post just to keep in on the first couple of pages :) !!

Tim

Thanks King for the welcome!! Now I will have to make sure I read all of the thread. There is a small thread on JOTS(Oct. 30th.)...which seems pretty dead--even though I periodically post just to keep in on the first couple of pages :) !!

Tim

Tim,

If you go over to the "NOT so FAMILY" Roll call you see how many CC people are on this cruise! Many of us are friends since years! It is going to be very vibrant...lets say it that way...LOL!!!

I just can not wait anymore, but 1st I have to get my Zuiderdam cruise behind me and sail the Virgin Islands!

Have all a nice day...

King Marcus

Welcome to the "new" bookings on the Gem!!

For everyone having made reservations on Condor.de for the flight Munich-Barcelona: Unfortunatley Lufthansa will not be handling (=Check-in, Ramp Handling aso.) Condor in December. So the chances of your Luggage being through checked-in on Transatlantic (any carrier) or within Europe and onto Condor is very limited. I don't have any reliable information-but I just wanted to let you know. Plus remember the weight limit of 20kgs on Condor.

There is also a low-cost carrier named CLICKAIR going MUC-BCN daily for around 30-45EUR one way incl Tax. Just letting you know....

Take care!

Andreas

For everyone having made reservations on Condor.de for the flight Munich-Barcelona: Unfortunatley Lufthansa will not be handling (=Check-in, Ramp Handling aso.) Condor in December. So the chances of your Luggage being through checked-in on Transatlantic (any carrier) or within Europe and onto Condor is very limited. I don't have any reliable information-but I just wanted to let you know. Plus remember the weight limit of 20kgs on Condor.

There is also a low-cost carrier named CLICKAIR going MUC-BCN daily for around 30-45EUR one way incl Tax. Just letting you know....

Take care!

Andreas

Andreas,

Thanks...I got already the e-mail from Condor of the move to Terminal 1! Did it work out for you with the Balcony cabins???

Marcus

Take care!

Andreas

Thanks for keeping us informed!

Tim

Hey Tim, it was good to see you tonight downstairs. It sounds as if this will be a fun crossing! I hope we have as good of a turn out as our crossing on the Splendour last May.

I leave for my two week cruise on the Dream on the 23rd. I can't wait. I am glad that I am going on the 2nd oldest ship before the newest! The Dream will be withdrawn from the NCL fleet oin 2008. Paul and I will spend a week in South America bouncing around after we get off the ship in Santiago, work for two weeks then do this cruise. It is always nice to have something to look forward to.

The "Regal Princess" is gone and comes out as the "Pacific Dawn" in November with P&O's Australia Division.

Have fun on your cruise!

I'm packing myself...will be going at the beginning of the week to

South Florida and the later that week on a cruise through the Virgin Islands and Bahamas on HAL Zuiderdam. Can't wait myself!

I just found out...since I fly on Condor and it's only 20kg of free luggage to Barcelona...! Last time I had to pay over Euro 260 at check in Barcelona...now you can pay for extra luggage up front! It was only Euro 100 for a extra bag of 20kg. Its booked and paid for so nothing to worry about anymore! LOL My flight ticket was only USD 28...so basically my luggage travels more expensive then me!

Have fun on your cruise!

I'm packing myself...will be going at the beginning of the week to

South Florida and the later that week on a cruise through the Virgin Islands and Bahamas on HAL Zuiderdam. Can't wait myself!

I just found out...since I fly on Condor and it's only 20kg of free luggage to Barcelona...! Last time I had to pay over Euro 260 at check in Barcelona...now you can pay for extra luggage up front! It was only Euro 100 for a extra bag of 20kg. Its booked and paid for so nothing to worry about anymore! LOL My flight ticket was only USD 28...so basically my luggage travels more expensive then me!

Hey Jock, Have fun on your cruise as well! I hear ya on the baggage thing! We are flying "Click" from Amsterdam to Barcelona for 50.00 Euro. They too only allow 20 KG at one piece. I guess a girl just has to do without a few things! I have to keep room for the booze!

Thank's man...

I just booked my flights to Europe! I had to cancel my United Ticked, since they didn't wanted to upgrade me...they told me a wrong class of booking to use my miles...now I fly nonstop Lufthansa and got a reagular Business Ticket and hope to UPG to F-Class.

Soon we will see each other!

King Marcus

Hey Everyone,

We've been invited by the folks over on the NCL Roll Call board to form a team to compete in the tivia contests on board. Nancy from Chicago, a great lady, who I met on a recent Adventure of the Sea sailing suggested the idea based on lots of fun she had another cruise. Please post if you are interest. I'm not sure on whose 'team' I want to play. Trivia, that is.

Jack - San Francisco

I am not booked on this cruise :( , but it sure sounds as if it will have a fun group of men on board. Partner and I just returned from the inaugural 11-day cruise on the Gem (our first cruise) and it was a lot of fun. However, we noticed very few other male couples among the 2300 passengers. The "official" ship-sponsored FOD meetings at 7:00 pm in the Star Bar were not attended by anyone at all on the few nights we entered this very nice, but quiet, bar. So, from what I've read in this thread, the trans-atlantic trip will have a much more visible FOD crowd. I'm sure you will have a great trip and you will love the ship.

Archived