*ROLL CALL* NCL Gem transatlantic 3DEC Barcelona-Boston

andieberl

Hey Jack...welcome on Board! Are you booked as well on DEC 3 from Munich to Barcelona? I told the Hotel Director Klausimausi of the Gem to hold the ship...just in case of a huge delay...:)!!!

Hey Marcus & Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I just booked the Condor flight on the 3rd from Munich to Barcelona. Thanks again for letting me know about Condor. I'll probably arrive in Munich that morning from either Washington or Chicago. I work for United, so, getting the MUC-BCN part of the journey sewed up was great. The trans-Atlantic leg should be okay for stand-by at the beginning of December (puff-puff), or at least, I hope so, been left behind before. :cool: :eek: :o :mad: . Hold the BOAT.

Guess I'll have to leave the secure of the area of Munich airport to check-in for Condor, what do you think? Some people on other boards have mentioned LH staff being able to check in all of Condor flights. I think you mentioned you may be on LH or US to Europe.

Anyway, I've been over on the Norwegian Roll Call boards, and plan on joining in on whatever Meet and Mingle activities are planned onboard.

I'm really loving this planning phase and getting organized.

Hey to Peter and David from BA and all aboard the Gem.

Jack - San Francisco

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I just booked the Condor flight on the 3rd from Munich to Barcelona.

Guess I'll have to leave the secure of the area of Munich airport to check-in for Condor, what do you think? Some people on other boards have mentioned LH staff being able to check in all of Condor flights. I think you mentioned you may be on LH or US to Europe.

Hey Jack!

Usually it is ok to through check on UA/LH to DE (Condor) SFO-...-MUC-BCN, however if you are trans atlantic on UA it might be a problem as Condor is NOT a STAR Alliance Partner. Do you have a eticket? Is the whole flight on one booking/ticket? Then it should be ok.... If not you can contact the Service Center on Level 5 at arrival in MUC to get your baggage onto the Condor Flight and just go down to Level 4 for the departure. There is no need to leave the secure area.

I should know.. as I am LH staff... :)

Just remember-free baggage allowance on Condor is 20kgs...

You can email me at andieberl <at>web . de with your filekey and I can check into LH reservation system about the DE Flight....

Have a good Monday!

Regards from sunny Munich getting ready for a great day at Oktoberfest again!

Hey Andreas & Everyone,

Thank you so much for your advice about the Condor check-in in Munich. It is so kind of you to respond. I work for United, so I'll be traveling on a company ticket to Munich and won't be checking baggage for that part of the journey. I understand that the Condor carry-on limitations are much stricter, so, I'll plan on checking a bag at the Service Center on Level 5 when I arrive in Munich (sublo gods willing ;) ). I passed through MUC in April and loved the airport (and the LH Business Class service). You guys know how do things!!!

I'm glad to hear that it is a nice sunny day for you in Munich and that you've got good weather for Oktoberfest! What fun. Please enjoy your festivities and thanks again for your help.

I've got your email address and will write.

Happy Sailing Everyone!

Jack - San Francisco

Hey Jack...

Cool we are on the same flight then! Would you mind sharing a cab to the ship...can take you then as well with me for VIP check in in Barcelona.

Actually I try to get a flight on UA CLT-IAD-MUC and upgrade to J with my miles. I love UA!!!!!

We will see about the Condor luggage...I hold as well a ticket for my mom and since she's not going anymore I hopefully can check 2 pieces. If not, who cares.

By the way I just upselled myself into a AB Deluxe Penthouse...that should be fun by myself!!!

Hope you all have a great day...

King Marcus

As always, we are looking forward to this cruise and another new and exciting time. I see a lot of FOD going to be on this cruise with us, so hello to all! We live in Florida, and at this point, we are not sure about when we will fly in. We have 2 more cruise before this one, so working on one at a time. See you all soon!

Brian and David

Brian and David,

Great to have you on Board! I exactly know, what you mean with a cruise at a time! I just got off the Pearl this weekend in California, sail on the Zuiderdam Oct 27 (no flights done yet!) and the the Gem 3 weeks later! What a busy year of cruising!

Have fun in Florida!!!

King Marcus

Hi All,

Sounds like we will have a very gay cruise to look forward to! Loads of like-minded guys onboard...I think the cruise is getting quite full now...David's brother Paul is joining us...he's a London Fireman !!...sorry chaps but he's not a FOD ...but he is really cool and a laugh...is best mate back home is Gay!!:p

Hi Jack from SFO...thanks for the 'Welcome Aboard' message...that's what makes this all so fun..everyone is so friendly!:)

Andreas...were you on RCCL Voyager last Nov from BCN to MIA?

Cheers Guys..

Peter & David.

Hey Everyone,

Welcome Brian & David - what are the other 2 sailings that you've got planned?

Good luck Marcus on setting up the airfare for the Zuiderdam - speaking of Holland America, I'm one of the people on this board who really love them. Have always had great times aboard their ships. Have you done the I-pod art tours aboard? They're well worth downloading before you leave.

Thanks Peter & David for the welcome!:)

For everyone - here is a link to some good information about Funchal, if you would like to check it out, post #3 has some good links:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=392242&highlight=Funchal

Take care everyone!

Jack - San Francisco

Hey Everyone,

Welcome Brian & David - what are the other 2 sailings that you've got planned?

Good luck Marcus on setting up the airfare for the Zuiderdam - speaking of Holland America, I'm one of the people on this board who really love them. Have always had great times aboard their ships. Have you done the I-pod art tours aboard? They're well worth downloading before you leave.

Thanks Peter & David for the welcome!:)

For everyone - here is a link to some good information about Funchal, if you would like to check it out, post #3 has some good links:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=392242&highlight=Funchal

Take care everyone!

Jack - San Francisco

Hey Jack,

Thanks for your e-mail and greetings to Teipei! Flights to the Zuiderdam are booked...I stay 2 days in Boca (Raton) Cabana, before I go on her. Just working on my flights to Europe!

I have been to Funchal like 3 times and it is a great place to visit!

Have all a great day!

King Marcus

Hi Marcus,

No, David's brother (the Fireman) has got his own cabin, although we are all sharing a hotel room for 2 nights in Boston at the end of the cruise.

Looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone...

Cheers,

Peter & David

Andreas...were you on RCCL Voyager last Nov from BCN to MIA?

Cheers Guys..

Peter & David.

Hi Peter and David!

Yes-It's me.... I was on the Voyager last Nov BCN-MIA... what a great cruise...... Give me an idea: Who are you?? :confused:

A very good friend of mine might join in aswell on the cruise... A funny, amazing guy... (not FOD)-however the rates on the cruise when booked in Germany seem to be higher..... Well-we'll see.....

Take care!!

Hallo fellow cruising cruisers,

The 1st official photographs of our "IT" girl...she is a beauty!!!!

http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de/

Have all a nice weekend,

King Marcus

Thanks for the link to these photos, they are great. I understand that they are from Andreas. Is he involved in the inaugural celebrations for the ship? I'm not too aware of the chain of events around the inauguration of the Norwegian Gem. Any details would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jack - San Francisco

Thanks for the link to these photos, they are great. I understand that they are from Andreas. Is he involved in the inaugural celebrations for the ship? I'm not too aware of the chain of events around the inauguration of the Norwegian Gem. Any details would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jack - San Francisco

Hey Jack,

No, Andreas is just a hobby photograph! He is always invited in Europe to the Inaugruals there. He has nothing to do with NCL. That is what I got told by my friend Oliver who works in Wiesbaden NCL office. The pic's are great! Can't wait to see my Suite!

King Marcus

What great pictures! Let's hope we can use all those deck chairs and "tanning areas" without freezing...

However-there seems to be enough places to spend our days at sea....

The ship really looks beautiful-Meyer Werft: Good Job!

Jack,

What are your plans for Madeira?

Marcus

Hey,

I'm not sure, I guess that depends on the weather. Some Madeira wine will definately be on the agenda and one of the local honey cakes will probably be worth getting. The last time we didn't make it up the fanicular or hike on the levadas. What is everyone else planning?

Jack - San Francisco

Hey,

I'm not sure, I guess that depends on the weather. Some Madeira wine will definately be on the agenda and one of the local honey cakes will probably be worth getting. The last time we didn't make it up the fanicular or hike on the levadas. What is everyone else planning?

Jack - San Francisco

I just love to walk to and through this wonderful town and have coffee and pastry alongside on one of the fantstic squares. Thought about Tea Time at the Reids in the afternoon, which shouldn't be missed!

By the way Jack...I have sent you a e-mail!

Marcus

Archived