*ROLL CALL* NCL Gem transatlantic 3DEC Barcelona-Boston

andieberl

Hello from Southern Spain. Weather has turned really chilly the past few days...so for those spending time pre Barcelona...be prepared! Of course there are many places to stay warm in Barca! If anyone is visiting the South, close to Malaga before the TA...let me know. CostaBaz

Hey there everyone! Please add 2 more to the 18:30 drinks and many more activities foreseen! :)

My husband and I will be glad to reinforce our presence on the boat!

I have a question, however, does anyone have an idea of the courses which are provided at the gym? Just want to know whether I should pack my trainners or skip!

Now for the sake of making more statistics, where do you guys come from?

Greets

Ita & Lo

I placed this on the other Boards, but maybe some of you might have a better answer to this Q ! :confused:

Hello everyone,

I am new to the seas, and planning to hop on the GEM transatlantic on 3/12.

Gym courses

I have found plenty of helpful information on the Boards (far far more then in the NCL website! That is a fact!), but still am unclear about what kind of sport courses are given onboard. Specifically, do they have 'Lees Milles' franchise courses such as RPM, Body Pump, etc.. or do their own thing? And whether these have a cost! And if so how much..... If there a schedules possibly available somewhere?

Sauna/steam

I understand there is a Spa, but would like to know whether there is in the gym lockers a sauna or steam room which I could use. I have the bad(?) habit of taking a quick sauna/steam relax after doing sports, without necessarily getting into the Spa... would that be at all possible? And if so at what price (I more and more realise everything on a boat is a question of price....)

Thank you very much for any help you might be able to provide! :)

progress.gif

I placed this on the other Boards, but maybe some of you might have a better answer to this Q ! :confused:

Hello everyone,

I am new to the seas, and planning to hop on the GEM transatlantic on 3/12.

Gym courses

I have found plenty of helpful information on the Boards (far far more then in the NCL website! That is a fact!), but still am unclear about what kind of sport courses are given onboard. Specifically, do they have 'Lees Milles' franchise courses such as RPM, Body Pump, etc.. or do their own thing? And whether these have a cost! And if so how much..... If there a schedules possibly available somewhere?

Sauna/steam

I understand there is a Spa, but would like to know whether there is in the gym lockers a sauna or steam room which I could use. I have the bad(?) habit of taking a quick sauna/steam relax after doing sports, without necessarily getting into the Spa... would that be at all possible? And if so at what price (I more and more realise everything on a boat is a question of price....)

Thank you very much for any help you might be able to provide! :)

progress.gif

The Gem has a great GYM with Classes (Pilates, Yoga, Aerobics, Spinning)! As well there is a fantastic Sauna and Steam Room all in glass build in front of the ship with a great ocean view. There is a nominal fee for GYM Classes and the Sauna/Steam facility. There is as well a very tiny Steam Room at the Gym's men's/women's toilet. I rather pay and have the great facility!

Less than a week left.. I see there's a few more joining the ranks.

Just checked temps in Madeira -they're hovering around 20 which would be nice! However I think i may freeze my tits off in Boston, its hovering around zero.

Looks like it's really filled up too, TA saying not many cabins left at all.

Anywho, looking forward to the adventure on the high seas..!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone.....

How lucky we were with the weather on the crossing... It looks like Boston is into a winterstorm right now.

Did everyone get home safely? I was lucky because LH was filled up to the very last seat....

Take care!

Bye

Archived