*ROLL CALL* NCL Gem transatlantic 3DEC Barcelona-Boston

andieberl

Just booked my cabin, travelling alone as of right now. Looking to start an evening FOD (friends of dorothy) at the Martini Bar. Check the daily activity newsletter for time and official location. Anyone booked on the ship, hit me back with an e-mail. I will be 1 maybe 2 nights at the Hotel Axel in Barcelona. Best Gay hotel in BCN. Hope to hear from you. Charles.

I have booked, couldn't pass up the deal, may be going solo. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions for Barcelona? I am going two days early.

Thanks

I have stayed twice at the Hotel Axel in the center of the gay district. Highly recommended!! I will be there pre-cruise.

Hey Charles,

Welcome on Board! We have already a great group together...if you come to the "straight" Roll Call! Many of us know each other and thanks to NCL with the NO single supplement for that cruise we are many to go and many more to come! E-mail??? There is no link in your profile!

Marcus

:p Hi guys!

We are booked and looking forward to the cruise and meeting you all. Sounds like the gang is growing larger by the day! Up for the FOD meetings etc...when we travelled on the Norwegian Dawn we claimed the Star Bar as our own practically! Notice there is also a Star Bar on the Gem...

Cheers, Peter & David.

:p Hi guys!

We are booked and looking forward to the cruise and meeting you all. Sounds like the gang is growing larger by the day! Up for the FOD meetings etc...when we travelled on the Norwegian Dawn we claimed the Star Bar as our own practically! Notice there is also a Star Bar on the Gem...

Cheers, Peter & David.

Welcome Peter and David!

Actually there is a CC Martini sail away planned at the Star Bar for DEC 3rd at 7pm! If you have sailed on the Dawn you will love the GEM...she is so much more pretty and more comfortible...like day and night!

Where you guys from?

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the reply. We are from UK, just west of London. We were on the inagural Dawn crossing a few years ago and had a fab time. There were loads of FOD's on board it was a really gay cruise! We are hoping that the Gem will be similarly 'user-friendly'! I think the dates and itinery mean less kids on board and more guyz...hopefully.

We are staying in BCN for 2 nights before the cruise and 2 nights in BOS at the end. We both work for BA, hence the airline codes!!

See you on board!

Cheers,

Peter & David.

Well.. just about 10 more weeks until our cruise.... Looking very much forward to it....

Munich is getting ready for Oktoberfest... starting Saturday. I'll have a Mass and a toast to a good cruise....

Have fun and take care!

Servus Andie,

How in the world can you say...Munich gets oans zwoa droa gsuffa ready??? Man you make me so jealous and want me to fly on the Brezelexpress (LH on CLT-MUC) right now! I have not been to the Wiesen since 6 years and miss the Almauftrieb in the Kaefer Tent, the 1st Sunday (you know what I mean) and some good old Beer!

We will have a great trip! I'm all by myself now, since my mom is not going!

Have a Mass for me...

Yodeldudiladio

Highly debating this cruise...I wish it had more ports of call, but the price is really good. what to do..hummm :confused:

It is going to be a great cruise, even with just 1 port of call! We are a great group of people and ship and crew couldn't be better! Just think about a realaxing vacation for a great price!

I have not been to the Wiesen since 6 years and miss the Almauftrieb in the Kaefer Tent, the 1st Sunday (you know what I mean) and some good old Beer!

We will have a great trip! I'm all by myself now, since my mom is not going!

Have a Mass for me...

Yodeldudiladio

Well-I have missed only one Wiesn so far in my lifetime. And for sure I know what you mean-However it is not the "Almauftrieb"-it is the traditional Trachten- and Schuetzenzug with 8.500 Trachtler in their traditional dress and costumes. Plus all the breweries with their horse carriages. The trip is 8,5 kms long and quite exhausting-I did it twice so far. (-NOT as horse...) :)

Plus on the first Sunday is always the gay sunday.. one tent full of drunken gays... well-that's something you really don't need... I prefer a nice relaxing cruise with a great group of people.. just like the Gem coming up....

Your mom is not going? To bad... I tried to talk mine into going-no chance....

So-yes for sure I will have a Mass for you!

Take care!

Servus Andie,

I am sooooo jealous! I always loved the 1st Sunday....so much to see and then "Almauftrieb" which is a special party at the Kaefer Schenke! Done the Trachtenumzug 2 times and it is a long walk...LOL!

My mom rather goes with me to the Caribbean then mayby a stormy Transatlantic and she also just do not feel like being in public, since dad just passed away...I do understand her in that matter.

I will fly to L.A. this Thursday to sail on the Pearl...can not wait!

I have seen there are many big Suites still available...I'm thinking of changing into something big...hmmmm, will check into this as soon as I come back from my cruise. If not my little Poppo Penthouse, should be fine for me!

Where you guys staying?

Marcus

Hi Marcus....

you are right.. I mixed up the Almauftrieb and the Trachten- und Schuetzenumzug.... Did I get you right? YOU did the Umzug twice yourself? How and why? I am thinking of taking my Lederhosn along on the cruise.....

I do understand your Mom-as my father passed away a couple of years ago aswell... However I managed to talk my Mom into going onto cruises again-she prefers the River ones though.... she thinks she might be able to swim to shore at the River... hmmmmm.....

Well-we are staying in Standard Single Outside Cabins... However we will be happy to join you in your Villa to party... ;-)

Well-have a good cruise!

Andreas

Thank's Andie!

Im'm packing as I type...LOL!!! We have "Octoberfest" at October 13...here at Sugar Mountain! They have Weihenstepahner vom Fasserl!

I thought about it, too...to take my Tracht with me on the cruise, but Condor has such great weight restrictions of 20K...! Just my wrinkle cream and shoes going to weight more!

I guess I have the after hour cabin then...LOL...god thanks a friend is on the previous cruise and gets me a couple bottles of Liquor from the Duty Free shop for my Suite.

Have all a great week...

Marcus

Actually there is a CC Martini sail away planned at the Star Bar for DEC 3rd at 7pm!

Hey everybody----Did I get that right? So we will have our first FOD Meeting at the Star Bar on Sailing Day Dec 3rd at 7pm in the Star Bar?

The "Yodlers" from Munich will be there for sure.... As we are in the middle of Oktoberfest right now: Dresscode in Lederhosn and funny hats?

Have a good Sunday!

Andreas

The Renaissance is a nice Hotel! I thought of flying in on the 2nd and stay there for 1 night, but I got a great flight out of Munich on the 3rd on Condor for USD 28,00! With Lufthansa in the back round I know, we will make it there...LOL!!!

Hey frequent cruiser jock & Everyone,

Thank for the heads up on the Condor flight from Munich to Barcelona. Fantastic information and a great fare. :) That may work out for me quite well. I'm anxious to be joining you on this sailing.

Jack - San Francisco

Hey Jack...welcome on Board! Are you booked as well on DEC 3 from Munich to Barcelona? I told the Hotel Director Klausimausi of the Gem to hold the ship...just in case of a huge delay...:)!!!

The funny thing...as soon as I get off a ship I get sick...POD (post cruise depression) I guess I have to take the only meds who work...have a bottle of a nice red wine and book a other cruise...Solstice I'm comming...LOL!!!

Have all a great week...

King Marcus

Archived