Question about room stewards...

Both dinning and cabin staff will bid from time to time on better positions. They can also be demoted down or all the way back to staff dinning room if the questioares or supervisors report less the excellent service. The contract is just the base agreement for service. We were on the Radiance for Panama / Relocation and our favorite schooner bar waitress was on the Coffee speciality on the Alaska trip. She said no one wanted the job so she bid for it.

On the BOS in 2004, our head waiter during a couple mornings, was working in the Windjammer and on a earlier cruise , Mexican Rieviera, couple of the waitresses were Centrum, Poolside, one of the other lounge areas. Perhaps they were short due to illness or whatever.

No, what I mean is can a room steward have rooms on deck 9 one week and rooms on deck 7 the next week? Do they stay in the same area the whole time? I want to know because we have a room booked two doors down from our cabin on our last cruise. It would be great to have Avionne again!

No, what I mean is can a room steward have rooms on deck 9 one week and rooms on deck 7 the next week? Do they stay in the same area the whole time? I want to know because we have a room booked two doors down from our cabin on our last cruise. It would be great to have Avionne again!

The room stewards change their section from time to time. I´m not sure if as frequently as the waiters but they don´t stay the same section for the entire contract.

The waiters change their station and mostly their assistant waiter almost every new cruise. They are shuffled around a lot.

I know waiters will change position (location in dining room) every cruise. They have a meeting on Friday's and are given their location at that time for the next cruise. They may not even work with the same assistant waiter. I really don't know about the room stewards and how they do that.

We've had both wait staff and room stewards that were particularly good. When you have that, you'd want those specific people again. Can't blame you for being curious.

My thinging is that you're more likely to have the same room steward

on this cruise as the last cruise if you are in a suite. That position is

one they work hard to get. Once there, I'm sure they're settled

for awhile.

I know waiters will change position (location in dining room) every cruise. They have a meeting on Friday's and are given their location at that time for the next cruise. They may not even work with the same assistant waiter. I really don't know about the room stewards and how they do that.
It would be difficult to be sure of who your room steward would be, since you are booking a specific cabin, and the steward might be moved between the time you book and the time you cruise. Given the fullness of the ship they probably would not be able to move you to one of the steward's cabins. It is much easier to get a specific waiter, since they are able to move you to the table where that waiter has been assigned.

Archived