Look what I found..Drydock for CB!

janetz

Definitely will keep my fingers crossed for the new mattresses. This ship really needs them! WOOO HOOOOOOOO

Toto, when are you sailing the Carribean Princess? Did you see the prices yet for the Ruby? We got a quote. They are really good. We are thinking about it. :)

Toto, when are you sailing the Carribean Princess? Did you see the prices yet for the Ruby? We got a quote. They are really good. We are thinking about it. :)

Caribbean Princess is the end of this month, rotten mattresses and all. lol Then Egypt/Aegean in November, haven't even looked past that yet but it sounds like maybe I need to have a look at the new Ruby. Thanks!

Well, there went that idea. We aren't fond of the Western Caribbean at all. Gave it a few tries, it just didn't fit our interests. :(

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Have not done the Western yet. Our son lives in St.Thomas so we seem to always choose the Eastern.

Have a great trip! I know you will let us know about everything when you return. :D

Look at this. CB will for sure be in drydock May 5th through May 16th...Bring on the new mattresses!!! :D :D

There have been some earlier threads about this. The Caribbean Princess will get an International Cafe, Vines, Sanctuary and Crown Grill in 2008. They will probably be added during the drydock.

I think the CB already has new mattresses - at least they were getting them when we were aboard in the first week of May - we got a new mattress the second day of the cruise and they were changing them out while in St Maarten....If they did that every week I would assume by now the entire ship has new ones. I think the new mattresses are a cream color if you have a blue one they are the old ones....I think I have that right :confused:

We sailed on the CB early July. Dont know what color they were, but if those were new mattresses, they were pretty sad. I had to ask for an egg crate, which was thin too.

Karen

I think the CB already has new mattresses - at least they were getting them when we were aboard in the first week of May - we got a new mattress the second day of the cruise and they were changing them out while in St Maarten....If they did that every week I would assume by now the entire ship has new ones. I think the new mattresses are a cream color if you have a blue one they are the old ones....I think I have that right :confused:

Try April 27th through May 16th. Bring on the new restaurants and Sanctuary.

Try this. The last sailing ends May 4th. Not April 27th. :) April 27th is the last sailing before dry-dock.

Try this. The last sailing ends May 4th. Not April 27th. :) April 27th is the last sailing before dry-dock.

Try this. The April 27th cruise is no longer on the Princess schedule.

http://www.princess.com/pb/searchResults.do?time=57&trade=&duration=&ship=CB&date=0408&orderBy=&filterBy=&resType=C&pageOffset=

thanks for the post with the drydock schedule confirmed. FYI, there is a fascinating video on YouTube in two parts on a cruise ship refurbishment in drydock. go to http://www.youtube.com and search on cruise ship drydock and look for both parts 1 and 2. very cool. re the mattresses -- i'll be on CB next week in a minisuite D518 -- are the mattresses in the minisuites problematic like the others?

Bob Laubach

Manassas, VA

thanks for the post with the drydock schedule confirmed. FYI, there is a fascinating video on YouTube in two parts on a cruise ship refurbishment in drydock. go to www.youtube.com and search on cruise ship drydock and look for both parts 1 and 2. very cool. re the mattresses -- i'll be on CB next week in a minisuite D518 -- are the mattresses in the minisuites problematic like the others?

Bob Laubach

Manassas, VA

All the hype about mini and full suites having top of the line mattresses I hoenstly thought by now they would have them in place. Not sure until we get there again the end of this month, but our mini the last two cruises on the CB had one of the worst mattresses we have ever had on any Princess ship. Since you sail next week in a mini, how about coming back and letting us know if they finally got them switched to the new ones? Even with the egg crate, last year they were simply horrid!

Archived