Radio Power Snorkel

Jesterscourt

I think the OP is referring to power snorkel that has a radio on it. We did it in St. Maarten. Our radios didn't work so I can't tell you anything about that. Most posters have said they didn't like it but we thought it was fun and different. You hold on to this thing that propells you through the water. You control it by holding down some buttons. It doesn't go very fast and you can let go and it will stop. It allows you to snorkel without having to use much energy. I think we kicked along with the power snorkel when we wanted to go faster. I enjoyed it because we went really far out without having to worry about being too tired to get back to shore. Just a gimmick but it was fun.

I have failed. I can not link a "radio powered snorkel" Oh woe is me

That is hard to believe, Fred! :p

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode=CSL&excursionname=BOB+Underwater+Adventure&excursioncode=314024

CHILENO POWER SNORKEL: 4 Hours

Explore the reef and marine life of Chileno Bay with a special underwater, hand-held power scooter. Power snorkel duration is approximately 30 minutes.

Begin with a boat trip along Cabo’s Gold Coast past Land’s End and Lover’s Beach.

Arrive at Chileno Bay to learn the proper use of the snorkel gear and power scooter.

Splash into the tranquil waters of the Sea of Cortez and explore its hidden treasures.

Have free time to snorkel, swim, and relax on deck while enjoying some complimentary snacks

POWER SNORKEL: 2.5 Hours

You'll feel like James Bond as you glide through the ocean on your own Sea Doo supercharged underwater scooter. Unlimited soft drinks and snorkel equipment are included.

Be whisked away by a 24-foot Zodiac. View the famous Arch and the Sea Lion Colony en route to the Cabo San Lucas Underwater Wildlife Reserve.

Have a safety briefing and orientation before your 45-60 minute power snorkel adventure in the Sea of Cortez. Discover this fascinating new way to explore the beautiful world beneath the sea.

http://www.princess.com/shorex/shorexdisplay.jsp?resPortId=CZM&resTradeId=C&tempresTradeId=C&tempresPortId=CZM

RADIO POWER SNORKEL, Tour ID: CZM-860

Explore some of Cozumel's finest reefs on a narrated snorkel safari that travels by underwater scooter.

WHAT YOU VISIT

Board your taxi at the pier for a short transfer to the beach. There your guides provide an orientation to your electric-powered underwater scooters and radio snorkel. Then set off on a guided snorkel safari, traveling by scooter from reef to reef. View hard and soft corals, sea fans, and tropical fish including angelfish, triggerfish, grunts, and grouper. After your adventure return to the beach, where you can relax or purchase snacks or beverages. If you wish to remain longer at the beach, you are then responsible for your return to the ship. Snorkeling equipment (including snorkel vest), professional instruction and supervision are included.

SPECIAL NOTES

A medical history/liability waiver must be completed prior to participating in this activity. The minimum age required to participate is 12 years old. Wear a swimsuit and bring a towel, adequate sun protection, and a change of clothes if desired.

In my opinion, the best snorkeling happens when you hardly move at all - mostly just float and glide along. When you go fast, you scare the fish and miss the really interesting things.

In my opinion, the best snorkeling happens when you hardly move at all - mostly just float and glide along. When you go fast, you scare the fish and miss the really interesting things.

Ditto that!!

Remain still for a bit and the sea life often comes up close to inspect the alien creature. Maybe we'll be something good to eat?;)

A turtle about the size of a teacup attacked me at Cozumel. My size was no deterrent to the little guy. No fool me, I backed off.

I agree..... plus you miss out on the exercise. ;)

Archived