Travel from Marriott County Hall to Victoria Station

We are staying the Marriott County Hall and need to get to the Bus Pick-Up point at Victoria Station. With luggage (lots) should we take taxi or what other options are available in lieu of walking?

A cab is your easiest option. It isn't too far, and any other option would be hassle.

Matthew

I agree with Matthew. The buses running outside the hotel only go to Victoria Main Line Station. Its a long walk along Buckingham Palace Road to the Coach Station if your carrying luggage.

Jimmy

OK, maybe I'm misunderstanding the logistics of this, but are we talking about walking from the Victoria Tube Station to the National Express Coach Station? If so, that's not a long walk at all. DH and I walked it in April, pulling two large rolling duffels, plus one carry-on each the distance.

The Victoria Tube Station is on a corner, to the corner, then left about 2 blocks is the National Express Coach (bus) station.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed there for a week last May. We loved it and would go back tomorrow. We found it to be in a great location. It was an easy walk over the bridge to Big Ben, etc. Of course it is next to the London Eye.

It is a nice hotel. The rooms are on the small side but I understand this is normal in Europe.

The first day there, we took the double decker bus to get an idea of the city. After that, we were able to walk everywhere that we wanted to see.

We have great memories. It seems that whenever we see London on the news and it shows Big Ben, that was the same view we had from the hotel.

There are not alot of fast food type eateries around there though. There is a Starbucks across the street from the backside of the hotel. The resturants in the hotel are ok. We would eat in a pub across the river and then head back.

Also, if walking a ways to your room is an issue, this could be a problem. This is an old county hall that was made into a hotel. Great interior but you can tell that it wasn't designed as a hotel. We had a few long halls to walk down to get to our room.

We would definatley go back.

It was fairly close to 2 tube stations. One a few blocks away and the other across the bridge across from Big Ben. We didn't use either one but they were convientant.

Hope this helps.

Archived