Good news for those with the $2 hotel special in Feb 2008

mattR

I can't find the original thread but hotels.com had put some rooms for the Days Inn Ft Lauderdale Oakland on-line for only $2 it didn't last long. Some people decided that they were not going to keep there reservations after reading some reviews. I just checked tripadvisor and the newest reviews are very positive so thats great!

Yes still have my reservation for Feb. I guess it was either a awsome promo or a mistake. Called the hotel to confirm and they had me booked and made no mention of our rate. Have a back-up booking just incase they cancel it on us.

Anyone out there with this booking have any troubles?

• 4 months later...
Has anyone checked in on there $2 deal yet? Please post if it went smooth or if there was any troubles at checkin Please. We have our reservation for Feb 1-3rd.

Anyone have one of these reservations for before Feb 1st?

Mine is for the 8-10 of Feb.

everyone else must have cancelled!

We do have another reservation elsewhere if this doesn't work out! Our plane gets in early aft. so will check in and see room, and still have time to cancel other hotel or go to it before 6pm.

Have you tried calling the hotel directly to see if they have the reservation? We called the booking web site (hotel._o_) and they said

every thing was a go. Wondering if I should try the hotel directly to see if they have it!

We did call the 1-800 # a couple of months ago and was told that the reservation site has so many rooms booked but they do not have the names!

We do have a back up hotel booked if this doesn't work out. We will only be out under $10 for the room! And that is cheap entertainment for 6 months fun!

MattR

Called today and they also told us that our reservation is confirmed and paid in full. We also took down the persons name and another comfirmation # that they had!

Does look like a go! Now hopefully we can tollerate the hotel!

:rolleyes: , but for $2 I could be pretty tollerant! Do you have a back up plan?

• 3 weeks later...
So, was this a booking error? Did the hotel know (or care) what you had paid?

When I checked in the clerk said you booked through Hotels.ca (I said yes) She then said that it was prepaid and just needed a credit card for incedentals. :) I think it must have been a error by Hotels.Ca???

• 2 weeks later...
Worked out for us also :D ! The room was fine a little noise from the traffic not the trains! Best of all no bugs!

Was great for 2 night under $10 Canadian!

YA the room my parents booked on the beach for $161 per night had bugs:( But our $2 room was great:)

Archived