Mercury Cabin 5001 (Plaza Deck)

MsSailaway

We will be in this cabin in Oct. This cabin looks to be located as far forward as possible. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin? What should we expect in way of noise, movement, view (whoops...port hole...small view!) Any information will get greeted with great appreciation. Less than 3 months to go before I understand why you all love Celebrity. Can't wait!:D

We will be in this cabin in Oct. This cabin looks to be located as far forward as possible. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin? What should we expect in way of noise, movement, view (whoops...port hole...small view!) Any information will get greeted with great appreciation. Less than 3 months to go before I understand why you all love Celebrity. Can't wait!:D

We have stayed in cabin 8004 on Mercury and 7002 on Constellation both forward cabins, and we loved them. I don't think there is any problem being forward of the ship. Some say there is more movement but that doesn't worry us. You may hear the anchor going down if you are mooring at a port somewhere, that's about it really.

Enjoy your cruise, and I'm sure you'll come back and join the rest of us who LOVE cruising on Celebrity. Love to hear how it went on your return.

Jillybean:)

We had members of our party stay in 5001 back in 2004 on the Mercury. The only time they complained about motion was the evening we left Cabo San Lucas heading northbound. This is traditionally a very rough patch of sea and there was motion noticable through the ship. I would still say it was tolerable, niether one in the cabin took any medication and both were able to sleep.

We had members of our party stay in 5001 back in 2004 on the Mercury. The only time they complained about motion was the evening we left Cabo San Lucas heading northbound. This is traditionally a very rough patch of sea and there was motion noticable through the ship. I would still say it was tolerable, niether one in the cabin took any medication and both were able to sleep.

sharpie, do you know if the window in that cabin is larger than

the usual one???

sharpie, do you know if the window in that cabin is larger than

the usual one???

We booked last minute last Jan & got cabin 4006..& also the only time we had motion that bothered was coming back from MX heading north on the last night.

Our cabin had a large rectangular window (nice size window)...& our room you could hear the noise of the gangplank when they lowered it..but I would think one level up should be better. We have booked 5042 on Aus/NZ next Jan....one floor up & more center--as I hear the Tasman Sea is rough..dopn't want to take chances--lower midship should work, as I said & was happy with the window..I could see out when I was doing my hair (:rolleyes: ) at the desk thru the mirror..which sorta was nice--wouldn't miss much--if I saw something I liked would go over to the window for a better view.

Although MsSailaway didn't mention the trip--perhaps Hawaii?? Not cruised there so do not know how the ships go over the Pacific

Thanks for the reply:)

I don't have it but it was available on my upcoming cruise.

I am doing 2 short b2b's...the downside was it was only available

on one leg:rolleyes: ......I don't want to have to move in between

sailings so I will keep what I have now:D ...not a bad spot,

upstairs and across from the suites....wonder if my service

will be even better than usual:D

Is a standard size window a porthole?

We were in Cabin 5015 and we had a tiny porthole. I was pretty disappointed because when we booked gty, my description read guaranteed window, and it was so not a window! Plus, the beds were together which made it very difficult to look out of it. If I ever got that cabin again, I would have them leave the beds separate to make it easier to access it.

Hi, there are different types of windows. Some, (like in 8004)

are REALLY BIG.:D I have friends who were in that cabin so I got

to see it first hand.....it is really a much larger than the usual

window.

Then you have the regular window and then you have portholes.

So, there are 3 types of windows that I know of.....now, maybe

others can add to it..are there more than 4?

Well of course suites have sliding glass doors:D ;)

Thanks for the reply:)

I don't have it but it was available on my upcoming cruise.

I am doing 2 short b2b's...the downside was it was only available

on one leg:rolleyes: ......I don't want to have to move in between

sailings so I will keep what I have now:D ...not a bad spot,

upstairs and across from the suites....wonder if my service

will be even better than usual:D

I actually believe that you are likely to get better service if you are on a floor with suites as they would put the best cabin stewards on that floor.

When on HAL, I have been booking a reg balcony near the PH Suites. Our Steward was awsome on the Westerdam, plus no questions asked when I asked that they bring us a dinner menu every day at 4:00pm (which they already were doing for all the Deluxe suites on my floor). Cabin Steward got extra electrical extension & scissors. I have a feeling if I was on a diff floor I would be told to go to the front desk...

Celebrity Century is set up different where the non CC balconys are on a different lower deck. Even on a short 5 day I couldn't see paying an extra $200 or so pp for the same size cabin with added benefits - fruit basket, champagne, & flowers (you get the fruit basket in all cabins on HAL, but so much food I never touched it).

I forgot to ask if they provide both Shampoo and Conditioner, etc.? I got used to the Elemis products, especially the Sharp Shower Gel (I think Elemis is used at the Spa?)

Jade, hi, every cabin, from a category 12 all the way up to the

Penthouse has shampoo and conditioner offered...along with q-tips

and cotton balls.

I don't know what brand they are but I do know each

cabin bathroom has them.

Oh, If I ever need anything my cabin attendants have been more than

willing to help (no matter what cabin category I have had). But I do agree

with you....those with Suites are probably "the best of"....

My best friend and I will be on the Mercury's PNW 4 day cruise beginning Oct 29th. This is her first cruise so she is a bit worried about the movement and whether or not she will like cruising. Thank you for the information on the window size. I am happy as long as I can catch a peek of the ocean. I hope that sometime in the near future that I can cruise in a suite. But a short cruise is better than no cruise, IMHO.:D

Archived