P&O say PACK

I love the ships, even though they are ageing and a bit rough around the edges, but arent we all.. I love the staff on board, they are truely fantastic, but the management...well, I dont think too highly of them..

But why stop going on something you enjoy so much, just because of the few at the top.

I love the ships too. I would much rather go on our cruises than a stuffy 5 star cruise! P&O still make a wonderful holiday.

I don't understand why some people are getting so upset when others express any opinion that is different to theirs.

The crew on the ships are wonderful. I have no complaint about them whatsoever. As well as filling in those customer service forms at the end of the cruise I usually write to P and O and tell them how good the staff were and why.

This year was the only time I have ever had to contact P and O customer service in Sydney for help when an art auction purchase failed to arrive and their 'service' left alot to be desired.This is the point I was agreeing with On The Money about.

Let's all be friends. It would be boring if everyone felt the same way about everything all the time, wouldn't it ? ;) Pink Poodle.

Yeah but I have a feeling that even if they did say what the real problem is, people would still not believe them..

Just my guesses here, but it's obviously not structural like Pacific Sky's hull problems, because she could sail to Brisbane at normal speed. Perhaps the list that shortestcruiser mentioned was a deliberate ballast adjustment to enable the divers to access something under the hull?

(Like the Nora Maersk the other week that caused all the concern in the harbour, looking like it was sinking when they were fixing the bow thruster!:) )

Anyway, as long as it all gets fixed over the next few days..and I hope people still have a enjoyable 7-night cruise!

I hope the people going on Saturday try and cram in all the fun they would have had over the 10 days, into the 7 days. :D

I kind of would like to know, if the boat will stink still, and we need to take air freshner, if we will have to paddle home, or if we are going to be stranded on an island(not that Id mind the stranded option much),I suppose just having a bit of confidence in the maintence of any vehicle you are about to put your loved ones on, is important. And the truth about the problem helps people make informed decisions about if they feel comfortable going or not.

I put no emphasis on the word newbie. Would it read any different if i'd called them "cruiser" instead? We've all been called "newbie" at one time or another, there's no offence meant in it.

There's so much bad press on the Star and P&O at the moment I just don't see the point in someone coming on purely to bag them. We all know the problems and several members are currently being affected by them. There's no need for flaming the situation.

Not bagging just stating the way it is. Before we went on our last cruise on the star (in June) we were reading other cruises reviews about the problems with the boat (smell, sewerage etc). Contacted P and O by email and they said they would follow it up - no reply. After emailing them again we got sent a reply saying they would contact soon. 2 weeks later received a letter saying that someone would contact us soon. After still no reply contacted them again and was then rung by someone who gave the standard nothing wrong reply.

Read the comments there is a common theme don't be so precious - why do people tolerate been treated so poorly.

Dear onthemoney,

sorry to hear you've had a bad experience.

I always find that when I have a bad experience with a company I just vote with my hip pocket and take my hard earned cash to another company ....and then I try to build a bridge...:)

good luck and happy holidays!

I am due to sail soon.... Vote with your feet it won't be P and O. Why tolerate poor service.... Can you suggest a cruiseline Carlz

I've only ever sailed with P&O

Who are you about to sail with? Or haven't you booked yet?

No I have not booked. Who would you recommend?

well I can only assume that you live in Australia some where.

I've been looking at the new Princess cruises they look very nice. For me the advantage is that they are doing some cruises from melb so no added airfares :)

I've spent some time looking at many of the cruise line boards on cc and nearly all have someone with a complaint or two...or three!

There is a thread on here with recommendations why don't you check that out...there seems to be a few who recommend the Virgo? but I guess it depends on $$$ and where you want to cruise!

well I can only assume that you live in Australia some where.

I've been looking at the new Princess cruises they look very nice. For me the advantage is that they are doing some cruises from melb so no added airfares :)

I've spent some time looking at many of the cruise line boards on cc and nearly all have someone with a complaint or two...or three!

There is a thread on here with recommendations why don't you check that out...there seems to be a few who recommend the Virgo? but I guess it depends on $$$ and where you want to cruise!

Cheers Carlz I will have a look. By the way I live in NZ and have no problem flying to a port.

goodluck on your search!

By the way noticed on your tag line Sep 07. Fingers crossed. Email P and O and ask them for an update on your cruise - quote comments from on Cruisecritic. You will then understand why people are upset about service levels.

Build a bridge and let other people experience the poor service level and poor treatment of those that keep their business going. Hey you have got to warn people - why do you tolerate substandard levels of service - I don't want people experiencing poor treatment. After all that is what forums are for and how I learn't that the boat was in such poor repair.

OK OK we get the message....I hear meditation is good for relaxation and getting over things !!!

Ta, awefully!

There certainly are some sensitive people on these posts, eh!

I think there are a lot of sensitive people on this post. If I just had just found out my upcoming crusie may be shortened because of ship repairs, I would be pretty sensitive too. Last thing they would need is someone that arises from the shadows every time P&O has a problem. (Yes, I am aware of your Pacific Sky problem, again)

Just my 2 bobs worth, as those who participated on this thread are now in the Pacific, undoubtably having a great time.

If this thread seems quite a bit shorter than it was a short while ago, it is.

Cruise Critic does not permit discussions of Board policies on the boards. If you have any questions about our Community Guidelines, please direct those questions to the Cruise Critic Community Manager, at community@cryisecritic.com.

In addition, repetitive posts that restate the same information as previously posted, and posts with criticisms directed at a Member, are automatically removed.

The discussion of cruising, including good and bad experiences with any aspect of cruising, is welcomed and encouraged. Cruise Critic is independent of anyone in the cruise industry.

Again, if you have any questions about Cruise Critic policies, please contact us by email.

Thanks.

oooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr Walt, we were just funnin' but my apologies to anyone I have offended. Also, sorry for breaking any rules since it would seem that most of my posts are gone I will have to review any future contributions to the boards.

cheers

Vanessa

*feeling very much ashamed of poor behavious* :o

oooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr Walt, we were just funnin' but my apologies to anyone I have offended. Also, sorry for breaking any rules since it would seem that most of my posts are gone I will have to review any future contributions to the boards.

cheers

Vanessa

*feeling very much ashamed of poor behavious* :o

Be careful Vanessa, if hubby finds out he may punish you by making you stay home to watch the footy:eek: .

Karen

Archived