P&O say PACK

If this thread seems quite a bit shorter than it was a short while ago, it is.

Cruise Critic does not permit discussions of Board policies on the boards. If you have any questions about our Community Guidelines, please direct those questions to the Cruise Critic Community Manager, at community@cryisecritic.com.

In addition, repetitive posts that restate the same information as previously posted, and posts with criticisms directed at a Member, are automatically removed.

The discussion of cruising, including good and bad experiences with any aspect of cruising, is welcomed and encouraged. Cruise Critic is independent of anyone in the cruise industry.

Again, if you have any questions about Cruise Critic policies, please contact us by email.

Thanks.

So Sorry for stating things the way I have experienced them. Why delete the facts. Some people just can't face it.

What, pray tell, is a "Kath and Kim"?

I gather you are from outside Australia. Kath & Kim is an Australian comedy show. Kath & Kim are mother & daughter, and think they are all class, but don't quite live up to it.

We have our very own version here - (ducknchook)

The OP that used it intended it to offend, but it is actually a term of endearment here! :)

Cheers

Geoff

Thank you for the explanation (translation?). We get English comedies in the U.S. But, nothing from Austrailia as of yet---at least not in my region.

Kath & Kim are coming to America.... Well, not our Kath & Kim, but they have sold the rights to make a US version of the program to one of the production company's over there.. Not sure that it's going to translate to well. A bit like America's attempts at replicating British comedy's.

For those from across the seas - heres a link to the Kath & Kim website ... I'm sure there'll still be a lot 'lost in translation' but you may get an idea of what we're talking about! (Please remember that this is meant to be an exaggerated of Australian suburban life ... but even I've got to admit, I've met a few that are frighteningly close to this illustration!!!):D

http://www.kathandkim.com/

For those from across the seas - heres a link to the Kath & Kim website ... I'm sure there'll still be a lot 'lost in translation' but you may get an idea of what we're talking about! (Please remember that this is meant to be an exaggerated of Australian suburban life ... but even I've got to admit, I've met a few that are frighteningly close to this illustration!!!):D

http://www.kathandkim.com/

And for some clips - Youtube

Wonder if these are popular in Port Macquarie - The Fountain Gate of the NSW North Coast.

prodmerch_toiletseat.jpg

Click Me

Cheers

Geoff

I'd like to see and episode where Kath and Kum go cruising:D

Any thoughts on what might happen?:eek:

My mind just went crazy!! Can you imagine their formal night outfits. And Kath & Kel dancing the night away in the nightclub. I think Sharon would get a crush on her table waiter, and he would reward her with plates and plates and plates of food! Oh and could you imagine their reaction at some of the more primative islands!

Maybe someone should suggest it to the producers!! It would definitely be an episode I would tape to watch.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

I'd like to see and episode where Kath and Kum go cruising:D

Any thoughts on what might happen?:eek:

LOL - Is Kath & Kum the Kiwi version? :confused:

I have heard they are filming this one on W818 - The Pearls of Tahiti Cruise in June 2008.

Cheers

LOL. I got to meet one of them last night, the cc version that is. Now was it Kath or Kim. Had a wonderful time last night with Chez.

Jane,

LOL - Amazing what I can get away with when their backs are turned. The look at moi expression suggests you met Kath.

Have you seen the noice DVD yet?

Cheers

Geoff

I have it in my hot little hands but haven't watched it yet. She picked up a lovely looking Alaska one yesterday and promises copies.

BTW if I happen to be on a certain cruiseline in Newcastle are you going to come and wave?? I have already told my Dad that we expected a discount personalised guided tour.

I have it in my hot little hands but haven't watched it yet. She picked up a lovely looking Alaska one yesterday and promises copies.

BTW if I happen to be on a certain cruiseline in Newcastle are you going to come and wave?? I have already told my Dad that we expected a discount personalised guided tour.

Is there anything definite? I like the idea of getting some pics when I can, so I am happy to wave for the tourists. ;)

What do you have planned - I know the following will be in port later this year:

Celebrity Mercury

Pacific Star

Stockton Ferry

Personalised tours sound great. I can get a really good discount on this itinerary -

The old BHP site

Hexham Swamp ultralite flight

Lunch at Bero Bowling Club

Open cut coal mining at Ravensworth

Nah, Newcastle tour is easy.

Beaches from Nobbys to Merewether

Lunch at Beach Hotel, Merewether or buy takeaway in the mall & head for Cathedral Park for views of the harbour & your ship.

I have a nice Newcastle link in my signature now.

Cheers

Ahh, the grand Bero Bowling Club. I was a star at a fasion parade there when I was a just a young lass, we could also check out the famous crematorium.

First things first though can't forget the grand cathedral. Since I know the Dean I reckon I should have an in for a private tour. Hours of chapel each week and detention for misbehaving in Religion should count for something shouldn't it.

Have been strongly considering the stockton ferry as I know you can get a bit of a rocking and rolling and if I flog mum's pension card I should be able to get unlimited travel for $3 shouldn't I. But since I am not that dishonest we will have to make do with the Mercury, looking at the January sailing.

Ahh, the grand Bero Bowling Club. I was a star at a fasion parade there when I was a just a young lass, we could also check out the famous crematorium.

First things first though can't forget the grand cathedral. Since I know the Dean I reckon I should have an in for a private tour. Hours of chapel each week and detention for misbehaving in Religion should count for something shouldn't it.

Have been strongly considering the stockton ferry as I know you can get a bit of a rocking and rolling and if I flog mum's pension card I should be able to get unlimited travel for $3 shouldn't I. But since I am not that dishonest we will have to make do with the Mercury, looking at the January sailing.

Jane,

Might be worth a look and a wave and a photo. We will be back from our cruise a week earlier, and probably still buzzing. Will be back at work, but my hours are pretty flexible at the moment.

Interesting that when in the capital cities, the cheapest day trips are public transport based. Not quite Sydney Harbour, but a short trip to Wickham station and it is a cheap train ride to Steggles land.

Cheers

Geoff

Archived