platium questions

What do you mean by "platium"? I've never heard of that.

There are 4 levels on RCL

Gold after the 1st cruise

Platium after 5 cruises which entitles you to a discount of future cruise

Diamond and Diamond plus

No--only diamond and above! But, you will get some decent coupons in your room--you can share the ones you don't want with the 1st timers!
was talking about in port not the ship. I know you need to be diamond or in a grand suite or above for the lounge on the ship. Hopefully one day :-)

When we cruised out of Bayonne in June, there was an area in the terminal for platinum and above for priority boarding. My sis and BIL were platinum and the rest of us were gold and we were able to go with them. I think that is what you mean. I also think it is like that in Miami but those are the only 2 ports I have ever been to.

I see we have a long way to go, have been on Royal Caribbean once, 11 day E Caribbean back in 2004, will be doing 2nd RCL Oct 2008 to Hawaii. Since we can't cruise every year, I doubt we will make it.

Sail in a JS or above, or sail 12 day cruise or longer, and recieve 2 cruise credits. That gets you to platinum/diamond faster.

I see we have a long way to go, have been on Royal Caribbean once, 11 day E Caribbean back in 2004, will be doing 2nd RCL Oct 2008 to Hawaii. Since we can't cruise every year, I doubt we will make it.

Have you signed up for the Crown and Anchor society? If so, I think you will get 2 credits for your 11 day cruise. What type of cabin did you stay in. How many days is your cruise to Hawaii? You'll eventually get there even if it takes a while!:)

Have you signed up for the Crown and Anchor society? If so, I think you will get 2 credits for your 11 day cruise. What type of cabin did you stay in. How many days is your cruise to Hawaii? You'll eventually get there even if it takes a while!:)

Sail in a JS or above, or sail 12 day cruise or longer, and recieve 2 cruise credits. That gets you to platinum/diamond faster.

Oops! I guess it was wishful thinking on my part that you would get 2 credits for your 11 day cruise. Still, it will eventually add up!

Sail in a JS or above, or sail 14 day cruise or longer, and recieve 2 cruise credits. That gets you to platinum/diamond faster.

I seem to be following you. :eek: Quite by accident I assure you. ;) :D

You can sail in a JS or above for as little as a 2 or 3 night cruise and earn 2 credits, or do a JS or above for 12 Nights, (not days) or longer and get 3 credits.

I seem to be following you. :eek: Quite by accident I assure you. ;) :D

You can sail in a JS or above for as little as a 2 or 3 night cruise and earn 2 credits, or do a JS or above for 12 Nights or longer and get 3 credits.

That's okay. I don't mind. :D ;)

Fitz, our Oct Cruise 2008, is a 15 day Hawaii RT does that help. We have done right now a total of # 3 Cruises, 10 Day Mex Riviera 2002, 11 Day E Caribbean 2004, 17 Day Panama 2006. let me add, it was Princess, RCL, back to Princess, now RCL coming up.

Dana yes we signed up for Crown & Anchor on the Caribbean Cruise , 2004 with the BOS

So you have only done the one rccl 11 day cruise? Was that in a standard room? If so then you only have 1 c&a point. But you next one will give you 2 points. And if you sail in a jr suite or above you will get an additional point. You need 5 to be platinum.

Unless things have changed there was a separate deparature in Lauderdale. On one occasion, when we were checking in, the people (2) with us were gold and the person sending us up said for them to go along with us. It was not crowded at all that day. I guess it just depends on the crowd and who you get. The last time we were there, there was a woman that I swear was a drill sergeant prior to that job! Just hope you don't get her. ;)

Fitz, we had a Balcony on the 8th Deck on the BOS. When we sail the ROS, Oct 11, 2008 out of San Diego, 15 days, we will have a D 1 9th Deck Mid Ship.

Gay So Calif

You got 1 point for your 1st cruise, and you will get 2 for the 2nd since it is over 12 days. You need a Jr. Suite and above to get another extra credit.

Unless things have changed there was a separate deparature in Lauderdale. On one occasion, when we were checking in, the people (2) with us were gold and the person sending us up said for them to go along with us. It was not crowded at all that day. I guess it just depends on the crowd and who you get. The last time we were there, there was a woman that I swear was a drill sergeant prior to that job! Just hope you don't get her. ;)

When we were there in May there was sort of a seperate area......it was in the same big room but off to the side & seperated by a rope... not really a big deal.....no refreshments or anything like that. We did get to go thru security after the Bridal Parties but that was all.....

Fitz, then there is hope yet for us. Depending on where we wish to cruise a given year, and who offers best Itnerary, right now we go back & forth between Princess and Royal.

Gay

You should just go and have fun on your cruises. The only perk that matters for being platinum or diamond is the balcony discount you get. Other than that, the perks are nothing special. I never worry about the perks. I just choose the line and the itineray that works for me. Perks come in last place.

Archived