Coffee Cards

wards04

I'm really good them! Almost right on although it still seems wrong!

If you have any doubts you can research it yourself because I've researched it many times & those were the prices.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Does a couple need 2 cards? We both like brewed coffee. Do we each need to have a card for brewed or can we order 2 coffees with one card?

2 coffees on one card at any time. You do not need seperate cards

For the unlimited fresh brewed, the intent is that each passenger would have his/her own sticker.

For using punches for specialty coffees, only one card is needed.

If you have to use a paid card to get" brewed" coffee, how is the coffee "made" in the buffet or the dining room? I don't have to have Starbucks coffee but I do like my coffee brewed, not instant

Get ready for some very opinionated posts because everyone is an "expert". :p

Except for on the Royal & Regal the buffet coffee is made from coffee concentrate which to me isn't the best but okay when I don't want to carry a cup of brewed from the IC. On the Royal & Regal they have filtered coffee in the buffet made from ground coffee which to me is definitely an improvement over the coffee from concentrate.

It's been suggested many times to try the free coffee from concentrate (apparently the same used in the MDR) and if it doesn't suit your tastebuds then consider getting a coffee card (unlimited brewed on the cruise purchased; punches valid on any cruise for brewed or specialty coffee) or pay by the cup for brewed coffee at the IC.

Edited by Astro Flyer

You are able to use unused cards on subsequent cruises. We get one each, use one when we are together for two specialty coffees, and save one scarcely used card for the next cruise. On the Regal and Royal Princess we've used our coffee card to buy three scoops of gelato per punch. Unsure about gelato on other ships.

You are able to use unused cards on subsequent cruises. We get one each, use one when we are together for two specialty coffees, and save one scarcely used card for the next cruise. On the Regal and Royal Princess we've used our coffee card to buy three scoops of gelato per punch. Unsure about gelato on other ships.

I enjoy the yummy ice cream treats (sundaes, waffle cones, crepes in the afternoon on some sea days) at Gelato's on the Royal & Regal. Those cost $2.75 or a card punch but other ships with ice cream it's 3 scoops for $1.50. That's not as good of a deal to me & most posts I've read say they couldn't use a coffee card punch except on the new ships although a few said they were able to do it.

I thought I read that they cost something like 31 dollars.....is that right?

Just got off the Crown Princess yesterday, bought the coffee card, felt it was a good value. In addition to brewed coffee they also will give out free iced coffee.

We were sharing the card , depending on who was on duty at the time you may or may not get two brewed (or iced )coffees at a time. If not you just have to come back a few minutes later to get the second one. LOL

It is $33.35 ($29+$4.35) on the ship & $31 in advance (no tip added) through their gifts section.

I thought I read that they cost something like 31 dollars.....is that right?

That's the preordered price & a little bit more on the ship at $33.35.

Having a nearly 8 year old coffee thread restarted can become confusing. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

If you have to use a paid card to get" brewed" coffee, how is the coffee "made" in the buffet or the dining room? I don't have to have Starbucks coffee but I do like my coffee brewed, not instant

Except for on the Royal & Regal the buffet coffee is made from coffee concentrate which to me isn't the best

There are different qualities of syrup based coffee just like there are different qualities of ground coffee at your supermarket.

One can surmise that Princess probably does not use the highest quality of syrup based coffee available.

You have probably had syrup based coffee many times in restaurants on land but did not realize it. And you may have liked it because it was not made from the lowest cost syrup available.

For me the coffee card was a bargain. I did not care for the coffee served and I was able to get brewed coffee at no additional cost as often as I wanted....my wife likes de-caf tea and again no additional cost. Additionally I was able to get specialty coffees using the card. If you are a coffee drinker this is a no brainer.

Thanks for the prompt replies. Will be sailing Royal in July.

Where are the venues where you can get brewed coffee 24/7 besides IC?

Can you get sundaes/ milk shakes with a punch also??? Yum!

Can a child's soda card get anything besides sodas? He will probably want hot chocolate also

No bashing, but we are "X" people. All of their coffee is brewed. Have only sailed Princess 1 other time and that was 15 years ago. Itinerary we wanted is Royal. Could you please share any other essentials that I need to know? I am reading the Everything Royal thread - great info, but long.

Thanks for the prompt replies. Will be sailing Royal in July.

Where are the venues where you can get brewed coffee 24/7 besides IC? That is the only spot I am aware of it being available although on the Royal the filtered coffee made from ground coffee may also be available 24/7 in the HC even when not serving food overnight.

Can you get sundaes/ milk shakes with a punch also??? Yum! Sundaes yes, shakes no including what I've read about it not being available on the Royal & Regal even with the Soda & More card. http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m_gelato.pdf

Can a child's soda card get anything besides sodas? He will probably want hot chocolate also guess you're referring to the Soda & More card?

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Item #2312 $8.05

per person/

per day*

† There are no milkshakes or thick shakes available for Ocean and Pacific Princess or Royal and Regal Princess.

No bashing, but we are "X" people. All of their coffee is brewed. Have only sailed Princess 1 other time and that was 15 years ago. Itinerary we wanted is Royal. Could you please share any other essentials that I need to know? I am reading the Everything Royal thread - great info, but long.

Based on my experience (usually on Princess) these are my answers to your questions.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Will be sailing Royal in July.

Can you get sundaes/ milk shakes with a punch also??? Yum! No milkshakes available on the Royal. Sundaes at the Gelato place can be obtained with a punch to the coffee card.

Can a child's soda card get anything besides sodas? He will probably want hot chocolate also. Not with the soda card. Yes with the Unlimited Soda and More package. See http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

see above in red

see above in red

I see people selling them on EBAY for around 25.00 with free shipping. I bought one for my April cruise

I do that, though I take a buck or two off to assure quick sales. I'm currently out of them but will have more after my B2B2B coastal/Alaska on the Coral in April/May. I am not a drinker so I routinely trade in my Elite minibar spread for two coffee cards. I rarely need both of them as I limit my specialty coffees to one a day.

Edited by Wehwalt

Card cost varies by number of days. If you purchase a card on line it can only be used for specialty coffee, as brewed will only be free on cards for that trip. They will give it to you but they will also use one of your punches for if it is from past cruises. This happened to me when I grabbed the wrong card last summer. No big deal I had 2 older card and wanted to use them up anyway. Next trip on the Regal will have a Pacific card for specialty to start but plan to purchase a Regal card.

Card cost varies by number of days. If you purchase a card on line it can only be used for specialty coffee, as brewed will only be free on cards for that trip. They will give it to you but they will also use one of your punches for if it is from past cruises. This happened to me when I grabbed the wrong card last summer.

I use a fresh card for brewed coffee but an old card from the Golden or Royal for specialty drinks as they have the ship name written on them. Just so I don't wind up with an endless supply of half-used cards.