Alarms or clocks

Giantfan13

We are leaving in a couple of days for our cruise on the Fantasy. We were concerned if we need to bring a clock or an alarm with us??. Are these available in each cabin, or do you have to supply your own. On our last cruise on NCL, we were alerted to the fact that there were no clocks or alarms in the cabin, and we made sure to bring our own. Does Carnival have these, specifically on the Fantasy??

We are leaving in a couple of days for our cruise on the Fantasy. We were concerned if we need to bring a clock or an alarm with us??. Are these available in each cabin, or do you have to supply your own. On our last cruise on NCL, we were alerted to the fact that there were no clocks or alarms in the cabin, and we made sure to bring our own. Does Carnival have these, specifically on the Fantasy??

I always bring a digital clock with a battery. You need the battery as the ships speed some how slows up the clock. I believe that you can get a wake up call, but I also like to have the clock in the room too.

We always bring a battery powered travel alarm clock. The power on the ship will tend to vary with the load being demanded. As such, things like plug-in alarm clocks will tend to run fast or slow.

On some ships the TV system will have a channel showing ship's time and position. But having to turn on the TV to see the time is a hassle. You can program wake-up calls into the phone system. At least on the ships we have sailed.

I always bring a digital clock with a battery. You need the battery as the ships speed some how slows up the clock. I believe that you can get a wake up call, but I also like to have the clock in the room too.

I also like to bring a battery powered clock. Actually, it isn't the speed of the ship but rather its power source that may differ from that of an electric clock enough to cause a time difference. That's why I go with batteries.

I also like to bring a battery powered clock. Actually, it isn't the speed of the ship but rather its power source that may differ from that of an electric clock enough to cause a time difference. That's why I go with batteries.

Really, I did not know that. I just know on our first cruise, my clock was going wild, so that is when I decided that we needed a clock with a battery. I also found out that I do not even put the battery in until we get on the ship as it just eats them up. Same with the batteries in our camera. I always open the bottom of the camera when I am not taking pictures and that way the batteries will last a lot longer. Sorry OP, got off the subject again.

Most cell phones today are equipped with an alarm function, and most folks carry at least one cellphone on vacation. For me, an alarm clock is just extra baggage. I use the alarm on my phone all the time, but you do have to be aware that your phone clock may reset itself if you enter a different time zone, (say on a western out of miami).

Most cell phones today are equipped with an alarm function, and most folks carry at least one cellphone on vacation. For me, an alarm clock is just extra baggage. I use the alarm on my phone all the time, but you do have to be aware that your phone clock may reset itself if you enter a different time zone, (say on a western out of miami).

I am a early riser, so I do not use the clock for the alarm, I use it so if I wake up in the middle of the night, I can see what time it is. A clock is pretty small and would not take up that much room. I usually take a tote bag and my carry on, and put it in my tote bag with my books, cruise information to give my DH so he knows where we are going as he probably doesn't LOL.

My cell phone loses the time as soon as it loses its cell signal. We have Sprint. We left our clock at home last December, planning to use the phone for our alarm clock - that didn't work out too well at all!

Most cell phones today are equipped with an alarm function, and most folks carry at least one cellphone on vacation.

We carry ours, but they are turned off and put away as we sail out of port for the week. If it is turned on so I can use the clock, it might ring!

On our cruise we found that we would sleep in and miss Open Dining breakfast. We were in an inside cabin, very quiet and no daylight to wake us.

We started using the wake up call available on the cabin phone and it was fine.

If we wanted to know the time we looked at our watches but as we had several time zone changes in the 12 days I would sometimes just put the TV on and look at the channel that showed the ships course, speed etc. Our cabin was so quiet and calm that sometimes I looked at that channel just to find out if we were at sea or we had arrived at the next port.

When we got to Rome the B&B did not have clock or alarm so thats when we started using the alarm on the mobile phone. Lots of calculations however as I had left the mobile on home time so I did not ring or SMS family at the wrong times.

David

David

No there are no clocks in the cabins. We just used our cell phone or watch for the time. Any morning that I needed to be up a certain time, I used the wake up call service. Each cabin phone has this feature. You just set the time and you will definitely get the call in the morning! We had no problem with this. Now, if you do not like a dark cabin, then bring an lighted clock or night light.

'The cruise lines have to replace batteries on the television remotes, there is no way they are going to be stuck with replacing batteries for alarm clocks. You will notice that many of the television remotes are broken and taped up. Why? Many of the passengers steal the remotes batteries to run their radios and cd players.

you can bring an electric clock, but it may lose a couple of minutes here and there. fluctuations in the ships electrical current can cause this to happen. it will still say relatively on time, but if you have a lighted battery clock, you won't have to worry about re-setting it every now and again like you will an electric clock.

just know if you do bring an electric clock and this happens, not to throw it out at the end of the cruise like i did ours. chances are it's not broken (like i thought ours was), LOL.

there are no clocks in the cabins (probably b/c of this very reason), and it is nice to be able to see what time it is when you are getting ready for dinner or, if you wake up in the middle of the night, w/o having to dig around or hunt for your watch.

Archived