Neptune Lounge

luvslabdogs

This will be our first HAL cruise. We have always booked suites with concierge service on other lines. Do they have complimentary cocktails in the Neptune lounge? For instance, on RCCL, the concierge lounge has complimentary cocktails daily at about 6pm.

Sorry - there are no alcoholic beverages served in the Neptune Lounge.

It is just a place for the concerige to be located and take care of anything you need. They have a Continental breakfast there everyday from 7 or 7:30 until around 11 AM. Then they put out a couple of different kinds of tea sandwishes and cookies and candies which are replenished until around 5 PM. That is followed by some fresh vegetables and cold appetizers. The Neptune Lounge closes around 8:30.

There is always juice available along with ice water and there is a great coffee machine where you can make your own lattes or expresso or cappuchino or just have plain coffee.

I don't have much to add, as Yonnie (KK) has pretty much said it all.....:)

However, I can't help but add my own little tidbit.....There will be a captain's reception in the Neptune Lounge for the penthouse and suite guests during your cruise, and there will be hors d'oeuvres, wine, champagne and alcoholic beverages, served gratis. The cruise director and hotel manager will be there as well. You may even get lucky and enjoy music from the onboard string quartet.... all very civilized:)

Karin

I don't have much to add, as Yonnie (KK) has pretty much said it all.....:)

However, I can't help but add my own little tidbit.....There will be a captain's reception in the Neptune Lounge for the penthouse and suite guests during your cruise, and there will be hors d'oeuvres, wine, champagne and alcoholic beverages, served gratis. The cruise director and hotel manager will be there as well. You may even get lucky and enjoy music from the onboard string quartet.... all very civilized:)

Karin

Can you show up in BLUE JEANS, Karin? :p;);)

JMO -- I would never think of wearing jeans on a ship!!! We don't even own any!!

And to wear them where you will be meeting the captain and a lot of other crew staff -- JMO -- totally out of line!!

I thought the captain and his officers always wore their uniforms, while on duty. :)

Can you show up in BLUE JEANS, Karin? :p;);)

LOL ... I'm not Karin, but I would venture to answer this one. If you were on a long cruise, and the suite reception was held on the first evening ... sure. You could always use as your excuse that you were in the middle of unpacking and didn't have time to change. :)

Of course, I would never have to worry about this ... cause I would never be in a suite. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'm tickled to see that most of you gals caught my attempt at "humor". ;)

Rita.... We've never done a suite, either. Mini-Suites, but not "suite-suite". I'm wondering if it would be worth the money for us.....

We're never in our room. Spend plenty of $$$ on excursions and "happy hours". I dunno if the amenities would justify the cost for us.

Now, gimme a big-arse AFT Balcony, and I'm tickled! :) Had one on the Conquest, and rarely LEFT our cabin on sea-days!

Ooooooh! I love short-shorts! Got plenty of 'em! Heels and Fishnets! Impress those officers! ;)

(How about BLUE JEAN SHORT-SHORTS???) :D

You were doing OK until you got to fishnets - sounds like you've been watching too many Austin Powers movies;)

The first night is casual - usually dockers and sport shirt for DH and dressier capri's and a dressier top with sandals for me - also I never leave the cabin without a Judith Leiber bag... :D but DH usually ends up looking after it, lol...

Archived