????? About dress code

I agree - no denim. Not because it is not acceptable but more because of comfort. The Caribbean can be REALLY hot - even in February. Combine that with humidity, or a beach swim and you have a hot - sticky - chaffy pair of shorts.

I love to wear little skorts over my swimsuit. Comfy - fit any situation and always make sure they are cotton !

In the Caribbean, for ports, short are fine. They aren't fine should you come back from an excursion to go to dinner. In the Caribbean, most dress is fine, unlike Europe where there are restrictions.

Just be comfortable, enjoy your cruise.

I read on another board that jeans are acceptable in the dining room on RCCL. Is this right? I don't remember seeing jeans in the dining room on my last cruise. Another cruise line has recently announced that jeans are OK in dining rooms. That is what brought this up. Thanks!

I read on another board that jeans are acceptable in the dining room on RCCL. Is this right? I don't remember seeing jeans in the dining room on my last cruise. Another cruise line has recently announced that jeans are OK in dining rooms. That is what brought this up. Thanks!

No, they are not consider acceptable for dinner in the dining room. Do people wear them? Yes. Have I seen people turned away in them? Yes, last year on the Explorer.

Can someone pls tell me what are we allow to wear in the dining room for both men and women?

I know someone mention that shorts are not allowed but what about shorts that are below the knees (ie. the more dressy bermuda shorts)?

Thanks

Tee's and shorts during the day. Capris are acceptable for dinner, and I have seen jeans. Formal night you will see everything from church clothes, business suits (men and women) , sequined tops and slacks, to formal gowns. Men generally wear a suit and tie or a tux but I have seen some men without a tie and jacket.

Have a great cruise. Sometimes on your first cruise you have a tendency to overpack, good luck.

Guest scfjjb
Sometimes on your first cruise you have a tendency to overpack, good luck.

I represent that remark! Especially shoes!

Mix and match pieces so they can be used more than once. I agree denim is uncomfortable in S. Caribbean if you have other options.

Use the Coco Chanel rule (as I have adapted it) for packing:

Lay out everything you think you need to pack and then put back 1/3 to 1/2 (except for bathing suits).

No, they are not consider acceptable for dinner in the dining room.

Not considered acceptable, by who? Certainly not RCI, otherwise they wouldn't have a Country Western theme night.:confused: Please, please tell me that they wouldn't expect me to wear those dreadful, one size fits all look, permanently creased, badly cut Dockers.:mad:

Not because it is not acceptable but more because of comfort. The Caribbean can be REALLY hot - even in February.

Except all year round, the dining rooms are usually like meat lockers.:eek:

:confused: We are going on our first cruise Feb. 2008on the AOS. Are nice denim shorts acceptable to wear on the ship and at the ports over a swim suit?

You can wear a nice cover up dress as well, a wide brim hat and shades. You will be surprised how fast you will burn.

I agree, you may not want denim in any form during the day because it is hot however, jeans are nice if you go up on deck after sunset since it is usually cooler.

Have fun!:)

We're on Majesty for a weekender before an 11 nite Celebrity cruise. Is there a formal nite? If yes, how formal does it really get? We hoped to pack in a shared case for the short cruise and not even open the other case with our formal clothing. As a woman, I know I can get by with nice black slacks and a dressy top, but does DH need a jacket? He has his tux for the long cruise, and a sport jacket, but no suit. Can he get in the dining room with a shirt and tie but no jacket? If not, I guess he will wear the sport jacket, but no tux FOR SURE!

TIA, Marilyn

We're on Majesty for a weekender before an 11 nite Celebrity cruise. Is there a formal nite? If yes, how formal does it really get? We hoped to pack in a shared case for the short cruise and not even open the other case with our formal clothing. As a woman, I know I can get by with nice black slacks and a dressy top, but does DH need a jacket? He has his tux for the long cruise, and a sport jacket, but no suit. Can he get in the dining room with a shirt and tie but no jacket? If not, I guess he will wear the sport jacket, but no tux FOR SURE!

TIA, Marilyn

When we went on the 3 & 4 day Majesty they did have a formal nights. Some people did dress to the nines but the most just looked nicely done. ;)

I wore a short cocktail dress and hubby wore black dress pants, white shirt & tie. I guess you could also do the jacket. But, the tux would be overkill.:D

If I remember correctly, formal night on the 3 day was when we were in the Bahamas so, you could always skip formal night and do a sunset cruise.

PantherFan,

Thanks for the info..it really helps. We wanted to sample the food on RCCL, and see what their formal night menu was, so I am happy to hear that your DH went with a shirt and tie and no jacket. My DH will love that!

Do you remember if they served lobster on the 3 niter? Celebrity serves it on their last formal night but we have never done a weekend cruise and wonder if the menus are as nice as the longer cruises. Is there anything else you can tell us about the Majesty to look for?

Appreciate any advice you can give us!

When we went on the 3 & 4 day Majesty they did have a formal nights. Some people did dress to the nines but the most just looked nicely done. ;)

I wore a short cocktail dress and hubby wore black dress pants, white shirt & tie. I guess you could also do the jacket. But, the tux would be overkill.:D

On our Majesty 4-night last month, there were a good many tuxes. I was far from alone. A nice looking crowd. I think it varies from week to week. We're hanging with the tradition.

Archived