info regarding booking

pghcruisers

I HAVE STRUGGLED WITH THE OPTION OF A CABIN GUARANTEE OR CHOOSING A ROOM MYSELF. I HAVE DONE NUMEROUS CRUISES AND I HAVE ALWAY CHOSEN MY ROOM. ON THE PARTICULAR CRUISE IN QUESTION THE MAJORITY OF THE ROOM CATEGORIES ARE SOLD OUT AND ON WAIT LISTS. I AM BOOKED INTO A CAT F OBSTRUCTED OV WHICH IS ALL THAT WAS LEFT BECAUSE I BOOKED LATE. MY ONLY OTHER OPTIONS WERE INSIDE OR CHOOSING A CABIN WITH OBSTR. VIEW. ON MY OWN. DO I STICK WITH THE GUARANTEE WITH THE CHANCE OF AN UPGRADE OR JUST PICK THE BEST OBSTRUCTED VIEW ROOM STILL AVAIL.? MY CONCERN IS BECAUSE OF LIMITED ROOMS LEFT MY CHANCES OF AN UPGRADE WILL BE SLIM TO NONE. PLEASE HELP. ANY ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED.:p

Stick with what you have and once you're at the terminal, you can ask about an upgrade. Some cruise lines will give an upgrade for a nominal fee while others will make you pay the difference. But, if you start messing with your booking now, you could find yourself in a really bad cabin, location-wise.

BTW, typing in all caps is considered yelling at people.

PGHCruisers, saw that you are on 10/21 CB; Princess randomly upgrades all bookings, so go ahead and choose a specific cabin. You might get an unobstructed view in an upgrade as every category above yours has a 'better' view. Of what is showing available right now, I suggest E619, as it has the least obstructed view. Good luck :)

First, which cruise line? It matters, because they all do upgrades differently.

Second, it makes it easier to read our post if you would please take off the caps (which is shouting).

First, it is not easier or harder to read capitals, IT IS JUST DIFFERENT , and not what we are used to. Also the printed word makes no sound, so it I can not be shouting , it is just perceived to be so by some people.

{Another thread in itself}.:)

Second, it also makes it easier to read YOUR post if you do not leave letters out, thus making your statement harder to understand .

My purpose for making these points is not to disagree or argue with you , but merely to gently point out that the rather aggressive way your points were put was not very helpful to the OP who was only asking for help.

Sorry if you found it aggressive--it was not intended to be aggressive and was rather intended to be a gentle request to a new poster. I am so sorry you did not find it to be that.

I also apologize for the inadvertent misspelling which you found so difficult to understand. Again, it was not intended to irritate or inconvenience you in any way and was simply an error.

I do hope the OP found the specific cabin booking advice to be helpful.

Sorry if you found it aggressive--it was not intended to be aggressive and was rather intended to be a gentle request to a new poster. I am so sorry you did not find it to be that.

I also apologize for the inadvertent misspelling which you found so difficult to understand. Again, it was not intended to irritate or inconvenience you in any way and was simply an error.

I do hope the OP found the specific cabin booking advice to be helpful.

Well done Cherylandtk !! It is refreshing to read someone taking a post as it as intended, and not getting all "huffy" . I was not irritated or offended , nor require an apology . I only wanted to point out that we can all find mistakes in all posts, and it is not how they are written , but what they write that matter.

Archived