Voyager aft - Deck 6 OK??

I already have both corner aft Deck 7 cabins reserved for myself and family members. For the E1 price - those balconies are amazing!!

Now another couple of 20+ family members are joining us. I have held the infamous 6688 for them as they will be directly below my cabin. The deck above was showing available when the TA checked.

Do you think this will be OK for my kids?? (I'm paying - my choice! :)

I think you have the infamous 1688 mistaken with 6688. Note there is a crew deck directly outside the balcony railing of 6688 I think. We always stay in 7388 but I don't think I would want to stay in 6688. That is just my opinion. Hopefully you can get some responses from someone who has actually stayed in 6688. There should be photos of 6688 somewhere out there.

They also get the side porthole shaped balcony that deck 7 does. It was my favorite part since the back view was mostly ship structure. I did not have any problems with soot or vibrations as many have written. I did not have lights on problems as others mention. But i did not care for the big gray deck of level 5 behind our cabins. made hte wake very far out and not really a true balcony view. However we had a full table and 4 chairs plus two loungers and plenty of room for more.

I have seen the photos of 6688 - and the balcony is nice - just not as nice as mine on Deck 7. The posts I have read said that the gray deck out front wasn't used for crew. There is a crew area below on deck 5. I do understand that this isn't a true aft view as the deck is in the way.

Has anyone that's been in it felt there were any pluses?

My husband and I are booked in 6688 on EOS for December 2, 2007. Has anyone ever stayed there. I am really worried about it after reading aft positings. We have never stayed aft and were truely looking forward to it but if we are going to hate it I should try and make a change now. Thank you. I have looked at teh pics online but they are not great and a bit deceiving.

I have been looking on line at pics for this room and really not sure. I called RCI and they offered to change the room to another center deck 6. Is this room really that bad? I really would like to have more space. PLEASE help anyone who can.

I have been looking on line at pics for this room and really not sure. I called RCI and they offered to change the room to another center deck 6. Is this room really that bad? I really would like to have more space. PLEASE help anyone who can.

I had 6688 booked on the Adventure. I had heard enough bad things about it that I moved up to 9690. Same room, same price, higher up. It has a smaller balcony but more sun and no staff lounge issues.

We stayed aft on the 7th floor on the EOS and in-laws stayed right below us on the 6th floor, they loved it. There was at times, crew out there, I saw them from our balcony. That would be the part that I would not like. And the part that you can hop right over your railing and get to the crew deck.....not a big fan of that...had in-laws that did that.

hazz24 - lots of info on this thread from a couple of months ago.

As I stated in that thread, I am an aft lover but would never book a deck 6 aft cabin on a Voyager class ship.

But also on that thread is brn2crz's raves on 6688. But then her raves are the only ones I've ever read on it. So there is at least one person who likes it. ;)

ETA: I see while I was typing that lisas414 posted and stated her in-laws liked it. So that bumps it up to 3. :D

You all have me worried now, we are booked 6692 and 6694 on Adventure of the Seas do you think we will have the same problems, helpppppppppppppp. Appreciate your comments as i have already tried to change the cabin and RCCL will not change us.

I would not worry so much about it. You are going to have a blast on your cruise. Think of the positive things, I know that I worried so much about staying on the 7th floor in the aft because alls I heard about was the structure's and how I would not like it. I loved the HUGE balcony, but I did not like not getting a nice ocean breeze. I did like going into ports and seeing everything from my balcony. As with everything, there is good and bad.

But on that note, we booked EOS July 2008 with 30+ family members again and we did not book the JS aft.

Actually I am wrong we are booked in 6388 aft on the right side not left. Any help is still appreciated
We have been on more than 30 cruises and 6388 is the first time we have really hated a cabin. We love aft cabins and were so disappointed in the deck in front of the cabin, the light that was on all night, the obstructions overhead. The large balcony didn't make up for this because you could only see the water in the distance. If you can change I would. It didn't ruin our cruise as I love the Mariner but I would never take this cabin again. As I have posted before these cabins should be listed as obstructed view.

Okay, just my opinion here. I have had deck 7 corner aft...LOVED IT! But anything on deck 6 sucks in my opinion. Even the deck 6 corner aft cabins are not good. Unlike deck 7, the deck 6 corner afts stop quite a bit short of the side of the ship. Therefore, when you look over the side of your balcony, you are looking down to deck 5. Not to the ocean. The porthole is there on the side of deck 6 balcony, but the balcony does not reach it. You have to look out to see through it. The grey area is not used for crew, or anyone else. It is just there to block your view. If you check the below links, you will see what I am talking about. You can see the space between the end of the side of your balcony, and the porthole.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2603421230036355651bpLqKN

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2179156030036355651udaUEP

Thank you everyone. I really want to change the cabin but hubby is set on the aft. looks like I will have to suffer. Next cruise (11/30/08) will be a better room. I will still have a great cruise just not out on the balc, we will have to go and sit on our friends balc further down the hall. Thanks a bunch everyone's help is appreciated.

Brandy

We just gave up our mid ship (not hump) D2 Balcony on Voyenger to book an aft 9th deck (mid aft) E1 Balcony. I know smaller room but bigger balcony. Please don't tell me we messed up. We had an aft on Splendour and loved it and with lots of sea days we thought it was worth having the bigger balcony than the room. Appreciate any comments on Deck 9 afts. Thanks.

Thank you everyone. I really want to change the cabin but hubby is set on the aft. looks like I will have to suffer. Next cruise (11/30/08) will be a better room. I will still have a great cruise just not out on the balc, we will have to go and sit on our friends balc further down the hall. Thanks a bunch everyone's help is appreciated.
Brandy - you'll be fine! Hey, a deck 6 aft is better than no cruise at all. And if you've never cruised aft before maybe you won't notice the difference. ;) Enjoy! :)

We just gave up our mid ship (not hump) D2 Balcony on Voyenger to book an aft 9th deck (mid aft) E1 Balcony. I know smaller room but bigger balcony. Please don't tell me we messed up. We had an aft on Splendour and loved it and with lots of sea days we thought it was worth having the bigger balcony than the room. Appreciate any comments on Deck 9 afts. Thanks.
Deck 7 and above is fine for Voyager-class aft cabins. Deck 6 (which this particular thread is about) is the big no-no (in my book, anyway).

If you haven't already seen it, check out the photos at Voyager-class.com (aft balconies). This link has been provided in lots of other threads including the one I linked in my earlier reply to this thread. You can clearly see the difference in the view from a deck 6 aft and the deck 7 and higher aft balconies.

P.S. It's VoyAger, not VoyENger. I see you have been consistent in your spelling of it so thought I might point it out. No disrespect intended. Just thought you might want to know the proper spelling of the ship name if you're going to continue to ask about it. :cool:

We were in Voyager 6688 in January. I loved the huge balcony, and sitting out there as we were leaving ports. We did not find the big gray deck area all that bothersome. We did find the crew door opening and shutting at night bothersome, but I think there was a problem with the latch, and the seas were somewhat bumpy. If I knew that problem was corrected for sure, I'd book the room again in a heartbeat.

Brandy - you'll be fine! Hey, a deck 6 aft is better than no cruise at all. And if you've never cruised aft before maybe you won't notice the difference. ;) Enjoy! :)

Deck 7 and above is fine for Voyager-class aft cabins. Deck 6 (which this particular thread is about) is the big no-no (in my book, anyway).

If you haven't already seen it, check out the photos at Voyager-class.com (aft balconies). This link has been provided in lots of other threads including the one I linked in my earlier reply to this thread. You can clearly see the difference in the view from a deck 6 aft and the deck 7 and higher aft balconies.

P.S. It's VoyAger, not VoyENger. I see you have been consistent in your spelling of it so thought I might point it out. No disrespect intended. Just thought you might want to know the proper spelling of the ship name if you're going to continue to ask about it. :cool:

Thank you for the information. Also, for pointing out my spelling error. Only excuse I have is a fried brain tonight from being on the phone for 2 days with TA and RCI making this change in cabins. I like having a TA but everything has to go through the TA to make any changes. I promise to not to misspell Voyager again

Thank you for the information. Also, for pointing out my spelling error. Only excuse I have is a fried brain tonight from being on the phone for 2 days with TA and RCI making this change in cabins. I like having a TA but everything has to go through the TA to make any changes. I promise to not to misspell Voyager again

You didn't mess up!

We were in Voyager 6688 in January. I loved the huge balcony, and sitting out there as we were leaving ports. We did not find the big gray deck area all that bothersome. We did find the crew door opening and shutting at night bothersome, but I think there was a problem with the latch, and the seas were somewhat bumpy. If I knew that problem was corrected for sure, I'd book the room again in a heartbeat.

Thank you. I am hoping for the same experience. Do the crew try to be quiet? I hope so. If not I'll just have to have an extra Pina Coloda.

hazz24 -

But also on that thread is brn2crz's raves on 6688. But then her raves are the only ones I've ever read on it. So there is at least one person who likes it.

:D

I don't know that stating that I liked it could be considered a "rave"....But whatever...;)

My stance has always been this...If it is the only aft you can get....Grab it..

We got it at a great price..About 250 pp less than any other D1 onboard.The balcony size is great..And the view is as well..True...You can't see staight into the water from the rail....But in all my times in a balcony the times I want to stand at the rail,and look straight down.???? Very Few.

I am unsure of what ship you are on.

On Voyager and Adventure,the grey area is a crew area...Mariner and Navigator...It is just empty..No one uses it...Off to the right,on deck 5 under 6688 is a crew area.Which we saw folks there 2 times,both very early in the AM...I don't remember a light shining on us...But we keep the curtains closed when we sleep as I don't need to encounter a surprise maint person early in the morning while doing who knows what :eek: :D Their is a camara mounted above your deck,pointed to the deck area to prevent me from venturing out there....teehee.

We have 1690 on Voyager in Jan...And I am sure I will think it a stellar location.....And if available I would recommend deck 7 or above always..

But it does not mean you wont have a fabulous time on 6...with a great sized roomy balcony and a panoramic view...

Happy Sailing.

we love aft cabins,plus we can get on elevator, go up then take 2 steps and your in the buffet,plus the aft cabins have great balconies,and even greater views,ill stick with my aft cabins,which ever cabin you pick,have a great time:))):p ;) :p

I don't know that stating that I liked it could be considered a "rave"....But whatever...;)

My stance has always been this...If it is the only aft you can get....Grab it..

We got it at a great price..About 250 pp less than any other D1 onboard.The balcony size is great..And the view is as well..True...You can't see staight into the water from the rail....But in all my times in a balcony the times I want to stand at the rail,and look straight down.???? Very Few.

I am unsure of what ship you are on.

On Voyager and Adventure,the grey area is a crew area...Mariner and Navigator...It is just empty..No one uses it...Off to the right,on deck 5 under 6688 is a crew area.Which we saw folks there 2 times,both very early in the AM...I don't remember a light shining on us...But we keep the curtains closed when we sleep as I don't need to encounter a surprise maint person early in the morning while doing who knows what :eek: :D Their is a camara mounted above your deck,pointed to the deck area to prevent me from venturing out there....teehee.

We have 1690 on Voyager in Jan...And I am sure I will think it a stellar location.....And if available I would recommend deck 7 or above always..

But it does not mean you wont have a fabulous time on 6...with a great sized roomy balcony and a panoramic view...

Happy Sailing.

We are on Explorer of the Seas. i do not think the area is a crew area according to pictures. But am not sure. Thanks for the advice I feel better now.

Archived