Can you answer one more shoe question?

Soxfan05

I just purchased an outfit from Eddie Bauer. The color is java (dark brown). Here's a link: http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product.asp?cm_cg=T319&product_id=31547&.rand=disabled It is velour with a skirt and hoodie. Very sporty and perfect for carting kids around town and running errands. My question is what type of shoes should I wear and what color? They had some cute ones on the site but not sure if they're too young looking? Suggestions??

I guess you must be planning to wear this outfit on your cruise ... right? ;)

For fall I would go with something like a Sketcher or other leather athletic shoe that is quite sleek. I LOVE my Sketchers, and I absolute deplore running shoes for everyday where. You could also look at flats - there are lots of really cute ballet flats out there this year. I'd just stay away from anything that looks even slightly clunky.

I love the outfit - the color is awesome and it looks really comfortable. Where do you live? That would make a difference - I wouldn't be able to wear that outfit until probably November where we live (southern KY) but I'd wear it with leggings and mules OR maybe some of the new cute ballerina/mary jane type flats.. there's some really cute textured ones I've seen online. If you could find some the same color with tights the same color, it would make a nice, clean line.

the possibilities are endless with that type of outfit. I'd say just about anything except a high heel or a true athletic type sneaker.

As for colors, depends on how you want to coordinate it. Some colors that would look nice with dark brown (imho) would be animal print (in browns), solid browns, burgandy, dark teal or blues, orange, some greens.

Just about any color goes with brown. Just look in the garden and you'll find many complimentary colors.

I think I'd go with a sporty mary jane or moc style (Merrells has some really cute styles) or a leopard print ballet flat:

41GHQT58NZL._SS260_.jpg

wolve200369_65814_lg.jpg

wolve159120_4162_lg.jpg

I agree. I was going to say something like the 2nd show you posted! Sporty, yet will not be too clunky for the skirt.

Thanks for all the tips. I actually have a pair of dark brown, flat mules that I bought last fall. I think they'll look terrific. I also love the look of shoe #2 in the pic- the only negative is the white sole- I'd prefer one that is all dark. Maybe I can also find a pair of those.

I think with both shoe options, I can have 2 different looks. I did order a pair of tights in Java as well. As the weather gets cooler, it will really pull the outfit together.

Archived