When Did You Get Your Cabin Assignment?

ISABELLA

I guess I should take this as a good sign. We booked guarantee for September 16 sailing on Caribbean Princess and still don't know which cabin we are going to get. Anticipation eats me alive. Please tell me if you booked guarantee for any September sailing, do you already have your cabin number.

Would LOVE to be surprised with an upgrade.....

Keep cruising.

Hello.

I didn't book a guarantee for September. However, in July, I booked a guarantee for the November 24th Crown Princess sailing. A two category upgrade was assigned within a week. I was pleased with the quick assignment and the upgrade (from an AC to an AA).

I know this is not your circumstance, but I think it's just luck of the draw with a guarantee. At least you are certain you will get no less than the category you booked!!

B

Originally posted by ISABELLA: Anticipation eats me alive

Boy can I relate to that! I think I'm wearing out my keyboard and mouse logging in to Princess.com looking for our cabin assignment. We sail 9/19 on the Star. We'll be happy wherever we end up - just anxious to know where that is.:D

The other times we've booked a guarantee, we knew our cabin fairly quickly. The only time we went to embarkation not knowing our cabin number was on a Carnival cruise we booked closer to sailing.

Do you think it's true, the later you get your cabin assignment, the more likely you are to get an upgrade?

Good luck to you!

Julie

Booked ours several months in advance but didn't receive our assignement until about 70 days, or maybe it was a little less, prior to our cruise (which is next week).

I honestly don't believe the old wives tail that the later the assignement, the better the upgrade. Sorry!

But I hope you get a good one anyway.

Just keep checking, it will show up soon I am sure.

We booked a balcony guarantee (BF) in early June for the Sep 6th sailing on the Crown. Got our balcony assignment this past Monday (17 days before sailing). We got mid-ship on Baha (BD), and are pleased with our assignment.

I know how you feel - the unknown element of this was eating me alive!!! Good luck!

Well - we are booked on the 9/6 sailing of the Crown and no cabin yet.

We booked an AE Minisuite guarantee..... On High C's recommendation, I called my TA and she called Princess - nothing has been assigned yet! I am hoping the upgrade fairy is going to visit, but we will be just fine with an AE, if not. At this point, it could be a raft going down a river and I would probably be excited!!:D

We booked Sapphire Princess ages ago, and got our cabin right at booking.

I don't think we will be upgraded though. We did get 'upgraded', in the sense that our TA found a better deal, an 11 category upgrade for $50 less than we were initially paying.

So we went from JJ to E.

Well - we are booked on the 9/6 sailing of the Crown and no cabin yet.

We booked an AE Minisuite guarantee..... On High C's recommendation, I called my TA and she called Princess - nothing has been assigned yet! I am hoping the upgrade fairy is going to visit, but we will be just fine with an AE, if not. At this point, it could be a raft going down a river and I would probably be excited!!:D

MISStheboat - perhaps it was just a coincidence that the day I called my TA that my assignment was given??:confused: Plus, maybe they are working their way up, so to speak, and getting the balcony rooms assigned, followed by minis, etc.

Like I told you, we went from a BF guarantee to a BD. I know its not the best upgrade in the world, but we are more than pleased as we are mid-ship on Baha.

Have a great cruise! Lets hope there are no more hurricanes while we're out there!!!!

On my last cruise, they were overbooked. The day before the cruise was destined to leave, I called since I still didn't have my room number for my bags. They still didn't have it and instead offered me a cruise two months later with a full suite if I gave up my room. Given that we had already traveled to the port city, we passed and received our room # that evening. They hand wrote our names from the door plaque.

we have booked guarantees with Princess when there was no other option even many many months in advance and only ever got the cabin assignment in last 3 days before sailing or even at the port

Only ever got the same category we booked never an upgrade and on a 4 sector B 2 B we were allocated 4 different cabins despite phoning Princess and asking if they could manage same cabin or just 2 cabins

We have a G Guarantee for the Sept. 19 Diamond sailing to Hawaii. The entire ship is waitlisted and we're inside of a month. The good news is we're confirmed for the late seating so at least we know the service will be good.

Charlie

We have sailed Carnival and RCCL many times - have done the Hawaii out of San Diego on RCCL and hubby so wanted to do the Hawaii cruise again. I called my TA, she was away so I called Princess directly and was connected with a wonderful young man who told me to go with the balcony guarantee as all the BE balconies were sold and they were just taking guarantees. I took his advice thinking it would be quite awhile until I knew where our room would be - I'm happy with any balcony that is unobstructed - well long story short - a few days after booking I received an email of an itineary change - no biggie - port order changed - next night while checking email - "URGENT" upgrade notice - we found we were assigned a balcony on the Caribe deck - not knowing much about Princess balconies, imagine my surprise when I posted "is this a good room" on this board and found out I hit a jackpot with the Caribe deck. Hubby and I love our balconies and spend countless hours on them. Now I'm researching a breakfast served out there and for our anniversary we have promised ourselves we will do the dinner on the balcony. We are so excited I now find myself wishing the days away!

We booked the Crown in April for a Dec. 8 cruise out of San Juan. We booked a mini-suite AE guarantee, and got our cabin assignment last week with a very nice upgrade to AA, midship on the Dolphin deck.

I, too, was obsessively checking the Princess site for our cabin number. Now what will I do with all my free time?:p

But seriously . . . I won't cruise without a balcony. Other than that, I'm not too particular about where my cabin is. I will definitely go the guarantee route again.

Lori

I guess I should take this as a good sign. We booked guarantee for September 16 sailing on Caribbean Princess and still don't know which cabin we are going to get. Anticipation eats me alive. Please tell me if you booked guarantee for any September sailing, do you already have your cabin number.

quote]

Well... we're not sailing in September, but actually April of 2008 (Island to Panama)... we booked a "guarantee" for mini suite... I just checked this week, and they have already assigned us to a cabin, and actually a nice room, mid ship! I spoke with my TA and she said she has also requested we remain eligible for an upgrade, should one come available. I guess every case is different

Congratulation to ALL who got a nice upgrade. And thank you all for sharing your experiences, which keeping my hopes up for an upgrade fairy visit.

I will let you know if I will be sleeping next to the bar on the pool deck, close to the buffet.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with sore fingers.....I check the Princess web site at least twice a day (and I'm trying to restrain) We don't leave 'til Oct 19th, oh well.....I tell myself it's half the fun!

We booked 3 cabins for a balcony guarantee for the first time on Grand Princess for 2/2/08 about a month ago. Imagine my surprise to receive our cabin assignments only 3 wks later.

Upgrade from a BE to a BB midships on Aloha deck and all our cabins are near each other!

I honestly don't believe the old wives tail that the later the assignement, the better the upgrade. Sorry!

But I hope you get a good one anyway.

Just keep checking, it will show up soon I am sure.

Sorry Toto,

I respectfully have to disagree with this statement, since I DID receive

an upgrade in 2003, 2nd Princess cruise, and we had booked Category

BB and were upgraded to a FULL suite right before sailing.

It was the only time on a guarantee that we'd never received an assignment earlier out, and I was frustrated that we did not have

one, and a few days before, VOILA,

but we travelled during an off-peak time the first week of December.

I feel like the OP might do pretty well around September if it's

in the Caribbean, JMHO

Archived