Getting from one berth to another in Port Everglades

gonecruising

Hi:

I wonder if anyone has any experience getting off a ship in Port Everglades and getting to another berth for the start of another cruise? We will be going on the Celebrity Millenium on Jan.13 returning Jan. 20 and going on the Carribean Princess the same day --sort of back to back...but different cruiselines...how can you get from Celebrity's berth to Princess with your luggage?

You shouldn't have a problem taking a taxi for $5 plus tips depending on your luggage. Since the driver doesn't have to leave the port should be fast.

But, you may not be able to board right away. Get the latest dembarkation time they have.

You shouldn't have a problem taking a taxi for $5 plus tips

And be sure to tip well, since the driver has probably been in the queue for a while and your fare will be much below average.

Hi:

I wonder if anyone has any experience getting off a ship in Port Everglades and getting to another berth for the start of another cruise? We will be going on the Celebrity Millenium on Jan.13 returning Jan. 20 and going on the Carribean Princess the same day --sort of back to back...but different cruiselines...how can you get from Celebrity's berth to Princess with your luggage?

You will probably have a 10 hour spread between getting off Celebrity (7am) and on Princess (5PM). Maybe if you get off last on Celebrity it will cut the time. Hard to go anywhere with a lot of luggage.

Experienced cruisers can tell you how to handle it

You will probably have a 10 hour spread between getting off Celebrity (7am) and on Princess (5PM). Maybe if you get off last on Celebrity it will cut the time. Hard to go anywhere with a lot of luggage.

Experienced cruisers can tell you how to handle it

Hi:) why would they have a 10 hour spread?:eek:

If they can be the last to disembark they might have to wait

2 hours;)

Disembark X.....lets say 9:30ish.(last off)....go over to the Princess

terminal and don't they let pax start boarding somwhere between

11:30 and 12:30?

No need to do anything with the luggage except to give it

to the Princess folks (I would think).

I think you can get a taxi to take you. I would not try to walk. While you might be able to see your next ship (lucky you!) it may be difficult to negotiatre your way there and might be further than it seems.

You might also take one of those disembarkation excursions that typically leave you at the airport. That would mean you have something to occupy your time (and luggage) between ships. Getting off last is sometimes very depressing, as you see the life go out of a ship that has been so enjoyable.

2 hours;)

You are correct I posted to early I was thinking more of earliest off and last on.

Something I forgot about. If Princess is still disembarking, your taxi driver will not be able to front of the terminal. You are going to be dropped off rather far from it in fact. The good news it might be a shuttle location or something and there will be porters more than willing to take your bags for you (since they already hauled the disembarking passenger bags out). Figure a buck or two per bag.

We found this out when sailing out of FLL. We arrived at about 11:30am and they were still disembarking, we didn't get on until 2pm.

2 hours;)

Got it there Lois.

Just foot drag your way off the ship.

Talk to the social hostess or someone and ask whe is the very latest you can leave.

I have seen people get off well after 9am and more to 10am after they picked up their luggage.

Then there should be a cab dropping off someone early you can get to take you over to the other ship.

The way the piers are set up in Ft. Lauderdale it should not be a long trip.

Maybe even scout it out when you get there for your first trip.

If they are leaving from there.

I'll be doing the same in November:

We're getting off Constellation on the 16th and boarding Emerald Princess for a B2B. I'll post my experience (pleasant I hope).

Princess starts boarding much later than Celebrity. We have been onboard Celebrity ships shortly after 11. Princess might involve a long outdoor wait till the process begins. I'm not expecting anything before noon.

Hi,:) who said anything about dragging anything?:confused:

I just meant if they could be in the last group off the ship they

wouldn't have to wait 10 hours to board their next one:D.

I know everytime I have sailed from Port Everglades Caribbean

Princess is always at that first dock...she is so big she usually

blocks out the X ships:eek: (if you are looking from across the 17th

Street bridge).

We were on X then on to HAL. Taxi's won't take you on such a short ride, at least none would when we did this. We took the shuttle over to the garage and HAL was right across the road. Worked out very conveniently. We were one of the last off X and I think we had about an hours wait before HAL started boarding, it all worked out very nicely.

Hi:

Caryl,

My wife and I have done this a couple of times. Last December, we requested to be the last group off the Millennium; it was about 10:45am by the time we got outside the terminal. We went to the taxi line and I told the driver that I would give him $20 to take us over to the Westerdam (not fair to the taxi driver who has been in line to take someone 1/4 mile); the Westerdam starting embarkation at about 11:30am, so we only waited 30 minutes outside the terminal building.

Your other option is to get off early and head over to pick up a rental car at the airport; spend the day in and around southern Florida and drop off your spouse and luggage at the ship around 2:00pm; then return the car to the airport. I use a taxi to and from the airport, as the shuttles are slow and packed with people.

BtoB's on different ships is very exciting and I think you will enjoy the experience!:)

Have fun!

Kel

Oh wait, I just reread the original post. NEVER MIND. :D

Les

Les:

I'm just glad you didn't ask for a second chance by starting a born again or reincarnation thread!:rolleyes:

Archived