Freedom H2O Zone: YUCK!

cruisy

I have a question for you. Have you ever spent any time in your life taking care of an otherwise healthy person who managed to pick up a bacterial infection, go into septic shock, develope multi-organ system failure and die all in a matter of four days?

If your answer is yes then I guess you can call these people "complaining human beings." If your answer is no then I would suggest that you develope a good sense of respect for the micobial world and those who prefer to not take a chance on exposure just so some diapered kid ,with thoughtless parents, who will not even remember the cruise in the first place can splash around in the pool.

Nope but I've peeled body parts from wrecked cars yet I still get into a car everyday and drive my a** to work but 50k people die in cars in the US each year... How many people died on the Freedom last year from swimming in the pool with a doodie in it?

I'm not suggesting that it's ok for people to break the rules. They shouldn't and rules should be enforced but the fact is that the entire ship is a floating petrie dish. If one is worried about germs from other people then don't get on a ship with thousands of others.

These threads always turn into aimless rants....:rolleyes:

Nope but I've peeled body parts from wrecked cars yet I still get into a car everyday and drive my a** to work but 50k people die in cars in the US each year...

Yeah, but your peeling of body parts didn't do much to sicken another individual. And, yes, car accidents do happen but intentional acts that can be avoided are another matter. So I don't quite get the analogy. I do, however, agree about the aimless rants that sometimes occur on these boards!

I knew my comments would get some reaction from you guys 'across the pond in teh states' but it does amaze me at the amount of people who come onto this board and moan about the use of nappies, swimmers etc why take a cruise onboard a ship that is openly meant as a family ship, why not go on an adults only cruise?

Whilst I agree that the parents are in the main the culprits (I am a parent of 3 myself) it has to be policed, enforced and stuck to by the cruise line, but it has to apply across all ships in a particular fleet etc, I read with interest on various boards on CC that some people take small blow ups and fill with water for use by the little ones on a hot sea day, now no one seems to have a problem with that, yet last year on Legend Of The Seas this was not allowed yet other RCCL ships it seems to be allowed?

Personally, I respect the rules onboard ship, I might not always agree with them, but I accept them as a responsible member of society, but there are too many peopel flaunting the rules, and being allowed to get away with it, and also the rules being interpreted different members of staff across different ships!

I dont want to swim in a pool full of someones elses matter, be it poo, wee, farting etc but the chemicals are there to clean up any minor mishaps that people may have, although a big crap by someone is different! ;-o

Just out of interest what is the situation in the US with local swimming pools, beaches etc? Are the rules the same as the cruise lines or not? Why would swimming in the local pool with young children in nappies etc be any different to a cruise swimming pool etc? The readers and posters on here, the ones that are complaining about young nappied children going in the main pools do in this situation????

Always interested to know what our distant cousins across the pond do in different situations!

Anyway, thats it for now, whos going shoot me down in flames this time!!! :-)

Haven't been able to read all four pages on this but I do want to say that while on the Freedom of the Seas last october I was sitting on the wooden ledge with my then 6 month old on my lap so that I could watch my almost 4 year old in the H20 zone. I had a RCCL employee come over to me and let me know that he was not allowed near the water in diapers even on the ledge.

I knew he wouldn't be allowed in the water but I didn't know that I was in violation of the rules on the ledge. I was more than happy to comply but there was another family that wasn't so happy about it (entitlement issues i think).

So there are some out there that do try to enforce the rules!

Just out of interest what is the situation in the US with local swimming pools, beaches etc? Are the rules the same as the cruise lines or not? Why would swimming in the local pool with young children in nappies etc be any different to a cruise swimming pool etc? The readers and posters on here, the ones that are complaining about young nappied children going in the main pools do in this situation????

The rules are pretty much the same in municpal pools - no diapers/pull-ups, with a small area for those who are not yet potty-trained. Nothing freakishly different.

Archived