Flight Times Out of Vancouver

gointostpete

Can anyone tell me what is the earliest flight out of Vancouver that I could get after disembarking from the Diamond Princess. According to the itinerary, it's not supposed to arrive until 7:30. Are taxis readily available?

Thanks!

I would not get a flight before noon. If you are flying to the US and not using US Direct I would say to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight for check in and pre clearance of US Customs and Immigtation. There will be taxis at the pier, but they are sometimes in short supply depending on how many ships are in.

Your cruiseline should also have a guideline.

But lines can be significant. I was several hours in lines at Vancouver in July, more that once. :)

Yes there are taxis, but expect a line there too, allow 45 minutes for the cab ride, it is all slow, stop and go traffic.

OK, thanks. I guess for my own piece of mind I'll forget about that 11am flight and go for one in the early afternoon. I don't need to get all stressed out about making my flight after I've just finished a peaceful relaxing cruise. Time enough for that after I get back to work!

We did Vancouver airport two weeks ago and it was two hours from color called on the ship to the gate in the airport. We had an early color and we were off at 8:15. My daughter made an earlier flight of 11:30 then the one she had but I don't know if I would risk it. BTW this was on RCCL Serenade. Does Princess offer self-disembarkation?

Since you haven't puchased your plane ticket yet, I suppose you are thinking ahead to next summer. Since your cruise ends on Saturday, I would suggest spending the night in Vancouver and flying home Sunday morning. Vancouver is a beautiful city, and well worth spending a day there.

definitely agree with Nancy. Opt for a night in Vancouver. Take in the sights, have a nice dinner, and then fly out the next morniong. We did this for our trip to Alaska last month, and we really enjoyed the time we spent in Vancouver.

If you shop around for hotels, you can find some very nice ones that will not cost very much.

Since you haven't puchased your plane ticket yet, I suppose you are thinking ahead to next summer. Since your cruise ends on Saturday, I would suggest spending the night in Vancouver and flying home Sunday morning. Vancouver is a beautiful city, and well worth spending a day there.

I second that suggestion. I went for a buffer of one day before and after just so I do not feel as though I am rushing around to catch a ship or a plane. If you can do it, especially in a city like Vancouver, I'd go for it.

Archived