CC Cabin 6144 Available

KevinNYC

I had booked CC Cabin 6144 on the Constellation TA September 9, 2008, but have switched to the Galaxy TA. Therefore, I've released this particular cabin and it is showing up already as "Available" on Celebrity's website. Those of you "in the know" already realize that cabins 6144 and 6143 are the best CC cabins on the M Class ships in size and with the huge teak balconies tucked away in "suiteland". I thought I'd just throw it out there that as of this posting, it's up for grabs and may the best man/woman win. Those of you who already booked a CC cabin on this TA may want to scramble to do a switch to get this cabin.

Now, on your mark...........get set..................GO!!!! ;)

(I'd be interested in knowing if anyone sees this post and consequently gets that cabin!)

If I wasn't busy redecorating my loft before a September 17th deadline, I'd be REALLY tempted to jump on it!

Well, someone out there is going to have a really good time!

Congrats, Mike!! Yeah, I released it yesterday because we switched and booked the Galaxy TA in May. When I went online today out of dumb curiousity to see if it had been scooped up yet and saw it still available, I thought hmmmmm, perhaps if I post, some Cruisecritic member will see it and grab it. I'm glad it worked out and I hope you and Mary have a fantastic time on your Connie TA next year! Cheers!! :D

-Kevin

Thanks again Kevin. Enjoy your Galaxy TA I know we will enjoy our cruise even more now that we have that big balcony. Funny thing we have had both 6143 and 6144 booked on pervious cruises but have always been lucky and snagged an AFT cabin last minute.

Don’t think that’s going to happen on this cruise……. :)

I agree, Muushka -- gotta love a happy ending!

Mike -- if by chance you and Mary haven't been to Barcelona before, do fly in a couple of days early to take it in -- it's a fantastic city. Best......

-Kevin :D

What a nice thing for you to do Kevin! Sure goes to show the thoughtfulness & goodness of people on these boards... have a great cruise.

Dave

I just thought it would be nice if a fellow CCer got first dibs rather than someone just stumbling upon it and lucking out. (Of course, that wouldn't be so bad either.)

Hey, I know -- maybe we should start a new trend on this Board wherein CC members relinquishing desirable cabins post the news here and then watch the mad scramble and see who the lucky winner is! LOL!!;)

-Kevin

We did something similiar when deciding to change cruises but we did it on the connections thread. Someone snapped up our cabin within minutes. Since we had been conversing with these folks and then had to make a change it seemed best to give them the first crack at the room.

The Cruise Critic (what - Corp?) is pretty loyal to each other.

I agree, Muushka -- gotta love a happy ending!

Mike -- if by chance you and Mary haven't been to Barcelona before, do fly in a couple of days early to take it in -- it's a fantastic city. Best......

-Kevin :D

We plan to Kevin. Right now I am working with a client who is from Barcelona, he is giving me all the dos :D and don’ts for his home city. :eek:

Phil - yes we pretty happy right now.

Kevin, sorry you won't be with us next September

Phil

Thanks, Phil. We're sorry as well. But boy, did we ever give it the old college try to see if we could swing both. In the end, the Galaxy TA won out when we factored in the extra days/(low)price/ports, etc. Maybe our paths will cross in the future, as we've become quite partial to the transatlantics.....

Mike -- it does seem pickpockets are the main complaint of tourists in Barcelona, but take the normal precautions you would in any major city around the globe and you'll be just fine. ;)

I just thought it would be nice if a fellow CCer got first dibs rather than someone just stumbling upon it and lucking out. (Of course, that wouldn't be so bad either.)

Hey, I know -- maybe we should start a new trend on this Board wherein CC members relinquishing desirable cabins post the news here and then watch the mad scramble and see who the lucky winner is! LOL!!;)

-Kevin

Sounds like a great idea for a new thread, Kevin :D.

I'll back you up!!!;)

It really is a good idea for a sticky:p

For our Infinity repo sailing on Sept. 16, we have one of those great aft CC cabins booked, even got reduced senior pricing on it. Greedy as I am, though, I had hoped that the senior pricing would be extended to the great corner FV afts. No such luck, and after a couple of courtesy holds on the fantastic 7202 (which we had for our TA in March on Millennium), I put out a notice to our roll-call. The regular pricing was still almost $500 more per person than our CC aft. One of our members had been hoping for an FV and we were online together the entire time for me to cancel it and her agent to book it within seconds. It worked -- and we were both very happy to have such a great coordinated success:D

Archived